Donations on Facebook to buy a girl a horse...

sarahann1

Visit site
I couldn't care less who this person is, or what her history is.

Quite frankly, you should work for what you want, asking for handouts when its not a genuine need is in my opinion cheeky and immoral.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
well I have £2000 to spare do you think they would except my offer by cheque or if I offered £1000 cash would they accept? Duchess I'm talking about, she looks nice. But I've only bought once from a dealer and I think I had a good deal, he's not what they said, but has given my hubby confidence and is very quiet, good to handle, shoe ect but is evil near mares and I have 2. But I would want a 5 star vetting and my vet thank the lord tells it straight as it comes. :)

D_Cheadle87

New User
Visit site
No need to be sarcastic with the initials i dont believe in putting peoples personal details online thats why i didnt use your full name... out of respect!
Pepper is 4 professionally backed at 3 and never jumped until she was 4.5 and doesnt jump regularly we've started introducing her to jumping now ready to gear up for next year.
As for the car i dont know the full story but if the mot hadnt expired paiz wouldnt have took it to a garage until next mot was due so how would she know it was dangerous... i dont really want to get into a debate over the car issue as i dont know full facts and i havent seen pics as of the grey mentioned so cant comment onthat either.
I just think youve dragged this girl over the coals enough the facebook page is probably closed, paiz is very upset and cng are probably fed up too i think you may have just made your point now :)

DragonSlayer

Visit site
...had to scoot out to give night nets...back again!

The comment about being cheeky and immoral, THAT'S the conversation I want to be having.

Don't think I'd ever be cheeky enough to do that, got to give them credit I suppose for trying...BUT if they pull it off, and it seems to be working....until someone asks for their money back.

Couldn't imagine that scenario. If someone had donated a decent amount and changed their minds, not sure how that would pan out...

TheRealWorld

Visit site
D Cheadles87 who are you having a go at? Most of us
I have never in my life witnessed such blatantly bitter and poisonous posts. The hatred and jealousy that is oozing out of the majority of you is really quite disturbing. It is YOUR horses I feel sorry for, having to be handled by such obviously cynical, negative and destructive people. Trying to justify your posts by making out they are full of concern, when really you just are eaten up with the fact that something nice is happening to someone that isn't you. Perhaps with your vile attitudes it is little wonder that such good karma hasn't befallen you as it has done the girl, who is being ripped to shreds in this grotesque witch hunt. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

TheRealWorld

Visit site
I have never in my life witnessed such blatantly bitter and poisonous posts. The hatred and jealousy that is oozing out of the majority of you is really quite disturbing. It is YOUR horses I feel sorry for, having to be handled by such obviously cynical, negative and destructive people. Trying to justify your posts by making out they are full of concern, when really you just are eaten up with the fact that something nice is happening to someone that isn't you. Perhaps with your vile attitudes it is little wonder that such good karma hasn't befallen you as it has done the girl who is being ripped to shreds in this grotesque witch hunt. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I have never in my life witnessed such blatantly bitter and poisonous posts. The hatred and jealousy that is oozing out of the majority of you is really quite disturbing. It is YOUR horses I feel sorry for, having to be handled by such obviously cynical, negative and destructive people. Trying to justify your posts by making out they are full of concern, when really you just are eaten up with the fact that something nice is happening to someone that isn't you. Perhaps with your vile attitudes it is little wonder that such good karma hasn't befallen you as it has done the girl who is being ripped to shreds in this grotesque witch hunt. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Are we reading the same thread here?

MadBlackLab

Visit site
So it's OK for you to hound a young girl, but not for anyone to take issue with it.

People not hounding the young girl people just think its unreal that this girl is asking for donations to buy a horse via facebook and are concerned of its welfare as if she cant afford to buy it (which is the cheapest bit) how she going to afford to look after it that's all

Last edited:

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I'm just confused? Girl can't afford to buy thr horse so wants someone else to pay for it. That I understand even if it's damn cheeky.

But the dealer isn't actually going to sell the horse, just loan it to her? So where's the money going? I volunteer to take it, if it needs a deserving home......

Then there's apparently evidence that the girl doesn't look after her existing horses properly? Is that true?

And something about a car?!

Basically it boils down to someone wanting something they really don't NEED but would very much like, but can't afford, so they're asking randon strangers to cough up. I think?

That's about it.

I've been trying to discuss the moral implications of doing so, and said so a few times I believe....then suddenly new people pop up and start yelling all sorts of nasty things....