Easter weekend plans?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Seems like where I am the weather is going to be set fair ?

Hacked out this morning with hacking chum on her sons horse.
Possibly hacking tomorrow or going to local clear round jumping, still deciding...
Saturday off to xc training at Munsted 1st thing.
Sunday pootle and then on Monday am meeting a new friend at a farm ride and not sure if she's doing the v hilly 5.5 mile route or adding the (still hilly) additional 3.5 mile loop in too!

Good luck to those competing and whatever you are doing, have fun x

Michen

Visit site
Supposed to be eventing sat but I’ve been housebound all week with the most vile chest infection. That’s much better but I’m left with trembling hands and limbs, feels almost like I’ve had a huge caffeine overdose. Negative for Covid so ?‍♀️
Just a weird virus I guess.

So if I do make it Bog won’t have been ridden since his last event at the weekend ? at the moment there’s no way unless I feel much better tomorrow- I wouldn’t even be able to lift a saddle right now.

Gah!

Petmurf

Visit site
Day off for us tomorrow as we‘ve ridden every day this week and twice yesterday and today also it’s my wedding anniversary tomorrow so OH and I are going out for lunch so it will be a clean and nice clothes day ?

Hacking the rest of the weekend and trying to get my boy to hack on his own with me, 2 failures this week so far, napping all over the place and 2 tiny rears this morning when I got tougher so we’ll persevere with that.

Also need to sort out the back garden

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Oh that's pants ? hope you are not feeling too rubbish x
I'm okay, bit hayfever like (which I thought I had as I normally get that).

Supposed to be eventing sat but I’ve been housebound all week with the most vile chest infection. That’s much better but I’m left with trembling hands and limbs, feels almost like I’ve had a huge caffeine overdose. Negative for Covid so ?‍♀️
Just a weird virus I guess.

So if I do make it Bog won’t have been ridden since his last event at the weekend ? at the moment there’s no way unless I feel much better tomorrow- I wouldn’t even be able to lift a saddle right now.

Gah!
Hope you feel better soon!

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I have 10 days off coming up! haven't had this long off work since i got married 4 years ago. I am probably going to want to sleep through most of it tbf.

anyway, there are some plans coming together, exciting for me but not for anyone else really... OH is confident that the lorry will be drivable with a horse on, the container we bought on a disintegrating old truck has transferred quite nicely onto its new chassis, i think the cut-through will be a bit longer to be reinstated but we will be able to go trucking again! a very long long time coming, i've been pretty much without usable transport since Aug 2020 despite owning at least one lorry throughout. there may need to be bubbles after the first drive!

Kira will be the first passenger, going to the vets next week to see if they think she will be following in IHW's girls hoofprints :p Trying not to get my hopes up in case they say her innards aren't up for it. If not then Salty will be on the return trip ;)

The boys will continue with their work as normal. A lesson for Quiz on Tuesday morning, Frank will be doing more human transportation. Assuming the weather holds then the mares' field will get harrowed and the nursery will get rolled, we are forecast light rain so that should prep the ground nicely.

palo1

Visit site
I have another jumping clinic with Alw - the dizzy heights of 70cm no less. Last time she was a bit 'meh' about it - liking the jumping but the very necessary flatwork skills not really sufficiently in place so I have been trying to do a bit more of that. Hopefully it will have helped! On Monday I am going for a long, over-the-hill ride with a group of friends hopefully. It should be spectacular and we are planning to stop at a pub too - WILD!! Senior horse will be hacked out and OH's horse, just coming back into work might make it round the 5 mile block in walk with a tiddle of trot.

Bernster

Visit site
Some fun things planned.

TFF I’m at munstead Saturday too - will message you as might catch the end of your session! Finn is getting dusted off to replace Bertie in the munstead ode next weekend so we both need to remember how to jump! He’s been ticking over whilst I did more work with Bertie so he’s ok fitness wise, but we’re both rusty together. Course hire Saturday at munstead with my normal instructor for an easy start into it, and then a xc lesson at Milton Keynes on Monday with David Britnel, who taught us a wee bit pre covid.

Reevaluating training plans for Bertie after 2 not so successful xc outings. Gonna take a step back, do some work at home, then try to do some lower key fun stuff with the sensible nanny horse (Finn) to get us back on track, hopefully.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Fuzzy beat me too it - I got all excited and put it on last week's thread!

I am so excited :cool: - I finally have something nice to do! So tomorrow I am taking Stormy to Kings Forest for her first ever forest trip. After being in rehab since December it is so nice to finally be getting out for something fun. I have got another trip lined up and as I've had some loading issues I wanted to get out for something 'fun' before going out for *whisper* Dressage.
She will have Saturday off to recover and then hack Sunday and Monday. Then she's got flu vaccs on Tuesday before returning back to Rossdales on Friday for her last session with her consultant and then if everything is good we can start cantering and getting on with life!

TheMule

Visit site
Xc schooling round the flagged BE course at Larkhill on Saturday then on home for a night and an Easter lunch. A bit of hacking around that and the ginger drama queen's owner if popping to visit on Monday ? she behaves herself

Sheep

Visit site
Still off games! Going to cold water spa again on Saturday. All being well, back on board on Tuesday… keep your fingers crossed for me. Might pop over to watch some xc at Tyrella on Saturday a they’re running a 120 class, which might be exciting to watch.

Sounds like some fun plans there, hope you all enjoy, whatever you’re doing!

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Eating lots of Easter chocolate & drinking Prosecco in the sunshine is high on the agenda ?

But pony wise

Friday Trec PTV lesson & obligatory nice weather bath for pony ?
Saturday off on a long picnic hack
Sunday will be a shorter hack as must make it to family Easter lunch on time ?
Monday either another long hack or might see if I can hire the local arena for SJ practise but suspect have left it too late!

Hope everyone has a lovely BH weekend & good luck to those competing :)

Jango

Visit site
I've got my first event of the season with Goose doing the BE80 at Eland Lodge tomorrow! Looking forward to being back out ☺️ although I am number 13 and I am doubtful about getting my boyfriend out of bed at 5am haha! He better get used to it I suppose!

Then an intro dressage for little Ruby on sat, quiet hacking for both of them on Sunday and maybe a farm ride on Monday! Just looking forward to not working for a few days to be honest.

Good luck to everyone competing too!

Chippers1

Visit site
I'm going to a little local show (mainly as support for my friend as she likes doing them!) so will do a tiny 50cm SJ - that's his height class - and a little 65cm WH. Looking forward to some nice weather and playing ponies all weekend.
Buzz has the vet today as his eye is playing up again, I hope he doesn't have to have another nerve block in his eyelid :eek:
It looks like he's scratched it up again so i've got him a lycra fly mask in the hope the other horses won't take it off and it'll add some protection...

Enjoy your weekends :)

Birker2020

Visit site
Nothing of any particular note. Still trying to get a replacement rider/lessons but the person who was meant to be starting hasn't responded to my two texts from Tuesday so I've had to readvertise.

Hoping to hack to the bottom of the lane and back with a friend. Going to have a ride around the yard buildings one of the days and another day ride in the school, I'd like to do some trot poles to make it a bit more fun for Lari (but not too much lol).

I might see if I can find the confidence to have a quick walk round the fields if my partner will walk over with me on Monday after he's finished work (he normally does half a day on bank holidays). Play it by ear and see how we get on.

Hoping it will only be another 3 or 4 weeks till I can say "going on a fun ride on Sunday" :D

Last edited:

Asha

Visit site
Its been a while but i have actually got plans :cool:

Off to Somerford tomorrow to go around the farm ride.

My mare is finally looking and feeling good. Had a flatwork lesson the other day, and our instructor said shes better then ever. Much more free/loose and straight. its such a relief, one for her to be feeling better, but also the ££££ spent wasnt a waste.

Exciting IHW & MP hope you both get black blob scans soon

Birker2020

Visit site
Its been a while but i have actually got plans :cool:

Off to Somerford tomorrow to go around the farm ride.

My mare is finally looking and feeling good. Had a flatwork lesson the other day, and our instructor said shes better then ever. Much more free/loose and straight. its such a relief, one for her to be feeling better, but also the ££££ spent wasnt a waste.

Exciting IHW & MP hope you both get black blob scans soon
I went to Sommerford with my YO and we two horses on the day I collected Lari from his previous owner in Cheshire. We met the YO's rider there as they'd hired out the XC and she rode the two horses. The weather was lovely and I was really excited about it all, I was amazed how good the XC was and what a huge footprint Sommerford was and it looked so much fun - the SJ were out in the arena and it all looked so nice. I thought I'd love to go back someday but on my new horse that I'd not even collected by that point.

I fully intend to one day Lari, just so we are on the same page ;):p

Everyone have an amazing bank holiday Easter.

SEL

Visit site
I'm okay, bit hayfever like (which I thought I had as I normally get that).
that's how mine was. Spent 24 hours wondering what I'd breathed in to kick off allergies in Feb then OH got flu like symptoms and out came the lateral flow tests. Hope you get a quick recovery

I went and tried out a very lovely baby cob today. Heard of him via word of mouth and he's been beautifully started by his breeder. I haven't sat on a horse since microcob broke in Jan but he behaved impeccably. Vetting next step ??

Asha

Visit site
I went to Sommerford with my YO and we two horses on the day I collected Lari from his previous owner in Cheshire. We met the YO's rider there as they'd hired out the XC and she rode the two horses. The weather was lovely and I was really excited about it all, I was amazed how good the XC was and what a huge footprint Sommerford was and it looked so much fun - the SJ were out in the arena and it all looked so nice. I thought I'd love to go back someday but on my new horse that I'd not even collected by that point.

I fully intend to one day Lari, just so we are on the same page ;):p

Everyone have an amazing bank holiday Easter.

you should definitely go when you can , it really is a lovely place . Plus the cafe offers some amazing cake !! It’s well worth a day trip out. Or you could book a camp there . They are a lot of fun , and can be great for building confidence with your horse . We are very lucky to have it quite local to us

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Packing Ludo's suitcase on Saturday and moving on Sunday. It will be a very big change for all of us. I just hope I'm right in thinking he's the sort of horse who's going to love being in a busy place!

All being well, farm ride "free" (no additional charge, covered in the £££ livery) on Monday.

Last edited:

southerncomfort

Visit site
Packing Ludo's suitcase on Saturday and moving on Sunday. It will be a very big change for all of us. I just hope I'm right in thinking he's the sort of horse who's going to love being in a busy place!

All being well, farm ride "free" (no additional charge, covered in the £££ livery) on Monday.

Good luck! Hope all goes well and that he's very happy at his new yard.

Will be thinking of you and Ludo.

Flame_

Visit site
Not one, but two, fun rides :D Peover on Friday and Cefn on Monday if no disasters occur over the next few days.

Any concerns about over-doing horse's workload have been abandoned (after an epic spring grass energy eruption the other day which ended with me hitting the deck and him running into the distance then back again) and replaced entirely with concerns for myself staying in one piece throughout two fun rides.

Roxylola

Visit site
Good luck to all movers, competitors and riders. Good vibes to human and equine sick notes. And fingers crossed for our potential maternity suite ladies.
I'll be doing some interval training - probably tomorrow for Charlie, in readiness for a ode in a couple of weeks. And I should probably do some schooling as I've got a novice and elementary test on Monday ?