European Eventing Champs

Chloe..x

Visit site
German 1,2,3,4

They have equal fourth with Laura

Britain trail by 23 points. Thats only just over a stop behind.

Oh I was just taking into account the important places, but positions 1,2 and 4 for the team is some good going.

I'm now rushing off to feed so I can get back for quarter past to sit and watch the Nations Cup, oh my life!

Turitea

Visit site
So what? It is not called 3 day eventing for nothing... ;)
Plenty of time and chances to catch up. :)

Last edited:

oldvic

Visit site
but that's for pure dressage not for eventing, isn't it? or am i getting confused... sorry if so.
having scribed a few times for the British judge (ages ago though, admittedly), I don't believe he'd be biased actually - he always judged exactly what he saw in front of him, irrespective of who was in the plate (and what flag they were wearing), unlike some other judges i've written for!
Hope William can get a fantastic test out of Cool Mountain, fingers crossed!

He's chairman of selectors for pure dressage and trainer for world class in eventing and consequently has done a lot of training with Laura. Really I am just sticking up for the german judge who was being critisized for marking up the germans and down Laura and Mary. There are pictures on facebook of Rayef with his neck a little high and tight and Imperial Cavalier with his tongue out so maybe the lower marks are justified.
There will be a lot of politics going on between now and next July and it hasn't gone unnoticed among other nations that the british judge is employed by our national federation. Regardless of his integrity, I'm not convinced this is an acceptable situation at major championships and more particularly, Olympic Games.

kerilli

Visit site
He's chairman of selectors for pure dressage and trainer for world class in eventing and consequently has done a lot of training with Laura. Really I am just sticking up for the german judge who was being critisized for marking up the germans and down Laura and Mary. There are pictures on facebook of Rayef with his neck a little high and tight and Imperial Cavalier with his tongue out so maybe the lower marks are justified.
There will be a lot of politics going on between now and next July and it hasn't gone unnoticed among other nations that the british judge is employed by our national federation. Regardless of his integrity, I'm not convinced this is an acceptable situation at major championships and more particularly, Olympic Games.

Ah, right, I see, thankyou. Who are the judges going to be for the OG then, have they already been chosen, do you know? It's very difficult, shame we can't get really high-level judges from non-eventing nations! I guess the other answer would be to have more judges (German, French, British, USA, Canadian, NZ, Aus, Irish say), and have say 5 along the short side and 1 at B, 1 at E and 1 somewhere else... logistical nightmare though!

oldvic

Visit site
Ah, right, I see, thankyou. Who are the judges going to be for the OG then, have they already been chosen, do you know? It's very difficult, shame we can't get really high-level judges from non-eventing nations! I guess the other answer would be to have more judges (German, French, British, USA, Canadian, NZ, Aus, Irish say), and have say 5 along the short side and 1 at B, 1 at E and 1 somewhere else... logistical nightmare though!

The judges for next year are as Luhmuhlen except Gill Rolton instead of Christophe. I don't really think the system needs changing. The differences in Luhmuhlen are not that big and there will always be some as the outline and balance is more obvious from the side while straightness can only really be judged from the short side. It is more the perception that a judge is on the payroll of a team federation, more specifically under the team manager.

amyneave

Visit site
Good luck to all the Brits today. I'll be out till 12pm, but hope to catch the rest. I think I will only miss nicola and piggy. Would love to have watched buzz go round. Hopefully he will get us that all important clear inside the time.

zxp

Visit site
Am I being particularly special or is my TV now working properly? I can't find it on the red button and it was supposed to start at 9.25 wasn't it? Does everyone else have it???