Facebook - Horse shot by livery owner

minesadouble

Visit site
Just a word of warning folks.......... I've received an "infraction" for posting on another thread (i.e. the "showjumper/HOYS" incident): Can't think why, coz I didn't say anything that other people didn't say.

This is a similar thread, i.e. legal issues involved etc etc.

So just flagging up a warning to just watch your backs that's all. Either Admin are very twitchy, OR there is a button-pusher watching contentious threads like this one. :(

Me too MJR2BT on same thread!

rubyrussell

Visit site
Would you be allowed to take supermarket shopping without paying for it? So should not take livery without paying for it, but the poor mare is a very innocent victim.two wrongs definitely don't make a right.

Clara Mo 3

Visit site
Would you be allowed to take supermarket shopping without paying for it? So should not take livery without paying for it, but the poor mare is a very innocent victim.two wrongs definitely don't make a right.

Surely one is wrong and the other is a despicable act of suffering and cruelty ? Hardly comparable to not paying for supermarket shopping I don't believe.
A supermarket would follow the usual legal remedies available to it to recover the monies owed, it wouldn't shoot your horse/cat/dog/children/you. D'oh.

rubyrussell

Visit site
It is all so wrong and and a very innocent victim, 99.9% of livery yard owners would try to dissolve issus but like life always the one very bad apple.

Moomin1

Visit site
Surely one is wrong and the other is a despicable act of suffering and cruelty ? Hardly comparable to not paying for supermarket shopping I don't believe.
A supermarket would follow the usual legal remedies available to it to recover the monies owed, it wouldn't shoot your horse/cat/dog/children/you. D'oh.

That would depend on whether it was shot outright or not.

Clara Mo 3

Visit site
That would depend on whether it was shot outright or not.

You obviously haven't read all the posts on here. But maybe you think its OK to shoot/kill/PTS a horse for no good reason other than an alleged £30 debt ? Whether or not you have read and/or believe some of the allegations made about what transpired, and whether or not the horse was chased round the field and suffered before being dispatched, the horse was subject to cruelty by being killed for no good reason, it suffered by being scared when they tried to load it into a cattle trailer (for a 2 minute walk round the corner...what a nonsense) and the owner sure as hell is suffering now.

But all of this is OK so long as it was a clean shot, eh ?

Sheik

Visit site
There was no cattle trailer they did not try to load her at all
She was in a feild that wasn't on GG centre site
The 10pound fields are located round the corner

Sheik

Visit site
Also the horse was terrorised by the yo and was rearing and striking out and was dangerous this is why she was put down

Clara Mo 3

Visit site

I know where the £10 fields are - half a mile away from the centre in the opposite direction to the loaner's house and thus not more than 5 mins leading a horse to her house - and clearly part of the same establishment as per its advertising signs at the entrance to those fields (the same set of fields used by the RSPCA). I don't understand your point.

Clara Mo 3

Visit site

As per the man's own version of events - and of course he wouldn't admit to it being a cattle truck rather than a horsebox- it does seem clear that he DID in fact try to load her:
He said the animal was left without a rug for warmth and he decided to load it into a horsebox and leave it in Ms Warner's garden, but attempts to get the animal safely into a horse box were unsuccessful

Sheik

Visit site
Because people are saying she was on the actual yard and she wasn't and are saying that they'd tryed to load her into a box and that's no true just sick of people speculating when they don't know the truth Iam not saying anymore as it will all come out when they do the press release
And the poor man who actually shot her was misled by the yard owners son
So he has nothing to do with this as all he was doing is his job it's the yo that is the criminal in all of this

Moomin1

Visit site
You obviously haven't read all the posts on here. But maybe you think its OK to shoot/kill/PTS a horse for no good reason other than an alleged £30 debt ? Whether or not you have read and/or believe some of the allegations made about what transpired, and whether or not the horse was chased round the field and suffered before being dispatched, the horse was subject to cruelty by being killed for no good reason, it suffered by being scared when they tried to load it into a cattle trailer (for a 2 minute walk round the corner...what a nonsense) and the owner sure as hell is suffering now.

But all of this is OK so long as it was a clean shot, eh ?

No I haven't read the majority of posts, because quite frankly it's a bit ridiculous how people so readily are willing to listen to gossip and hear say and follow mass hysteria without knowing facts. We don't know if the horse was killed outright or not. If an animal is killed instantly, how did it suffer? It may be wrong morally, yes, but it does not mean that the horse 'suffered'. If someone took someone else's cat to be pts at the vet without consent, it would be immoral, and wrong, but it wouldn't mean the animal suffered, or was subjected to cruelty.

Clara Mo 3

Visit site
Because people are saying she was on the actual yard and she wasn't and are saying that they'd tryed to load her into a box and that's no true just sick of people speculating when they don't know the truth Iam not saying anymore as it will all come out when they do the press release
And the poor man who actually shot her was misled by the yard owners son
So he has nothing to do with this as all he was doing is his job it's the yo that is the criminal in all of this

Its irrelevant whether she was on the actual yard - the yard includes the yard's fields which are part of the centre and are a similar distance from the loaner's house to the actual yard but in the opposite direction - I am not speculating on this, I know for fact.

The man himself states they DID try to load her. Again, I am not speculating on this.

The only part I will potentially agree with you on - and sincerely hope you are right - is your comment about CW being led on.

I'm glad you're not saying any more, I think you've said enough...

Clara Mo 3

Visit site
No I haven't read the majority of posts, because quite frankly it's a bit ridiculous how people so readily are willing to listen to gossip and hear say and follow mass hysteria without knowing facts. We don't know if the horse was killed outright or not. If an animal is killed instantly, how did it suffer? It may be wrong morally, yes, but it does not mean that the horse 'suffered'. If someone took someone else's cat to be pts at the vet without consent, it would be immoral, and wrong, but it wouldn't mean the animal suffered, or was subjected to cruelty.

No, I just know the man in question and know the type of thing he does...not masss hysteria at all, just first hand knowledge.

Last edited:

Moomin1

Visit site
So how do you know what people are saying and that they are speculating if you haven't read through properly ? I thought you were saying no more anyhow. ;-)

Err, where did I say I was saying no more? Clearly you are not reading things.

I don't have an interest what people are saying. Just reading through a few of the posts is enough to tell me that wild speculation is going on, as usual, without anyone knowing facts.