Go on then, what do we think of the lace show jacket?

rosiesowner

Visit site
I'm speaking, of course, about this: https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/fea...ldstein-showjumper-own-clothing-design-699037

I'm sure we'll all have varying opinions! Personally, I wouldn't wear it myself but think it looks fantastic on Dani. At the end of the day, if we can encrust everything with bling, why can't we try different fabrics and patterns? I can't say that I see a place for that style say on the hunting field but show jumping it's pretty cool!

Edited to add: the only thing that bothers me is that the grey and red piped saddle pad and veil clash with the blue feathers and black jacket! :p

crazyandme

Visit site
I think it's a grackle, looks like the horse has 2 nosebands on

I'm not keen on it, but that's because it's not my style more than anything! But definitely suits her, and I like sj trying new things like that!

Annagain

Visit site
I imagine it would tear quite easily if she fell off so it doesn't seem very practical to me I'm afraid..... That's about the best I can manage.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
I think it's a grackle, looks like the horse has 2 nosebands on

Having looked again you are quite right, a grackle and a cavesson it would appear. I am not 100% sure of the purpose of the cavesson, as it doesn't look to be required for the bit or martingale or anything?

As a side note: I have always thought it to be counterintuative to have a cranked up flash/grackle and then to put nose strips on to aid breathing.

66.JPG

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
the noseband doesn't look as tight in the second photo where the horse's mouth is closed.
I'm not advocating tight nosebands I'm just saying the "a second in time" thing applies here, if they had only showed the 2nd pic possibly no one would have commented.
The lace jacket is not for me but each to their own :)

crazyandme

Visit site
Having looked again you are quite right, a grackle and a cavesson it would appear. I am not 100% sure of the purpose of the cavesson, as it doesn't look to be required for the bit or martingale or anything?

As a side note: I have always thought it to be counterintuative to have a cranked up flash/grackle and then to put nose strips on to aid breathing.

View attachment 37714

I have no idea why she has a cavesson as well, it just looks like it's getting in the way of the grackle!

milliepops

Visit site
I thought this one did look like 2 separate nosebands and the cavesson is possibly rope. But yeah there are some that are made like that.

milliepops

Visit site
SC_Spider_noseband_3_1024x1024.JPG

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ah whose is that :p I couldn't find it when I was looking.

see what you mean about the rope, if that's the case that's got to be pretty uncomfortable.

Reactions: TPO

Denbob

Visit site
As a rule I'm all for expression, if she's happy and comfortable crack on. My taste is far more traditional and while I like that there's a trend of slightly more individual jackets across disciplines with trims and buttons and bolder colours, this is a jump too far for me.

Templebar

Visit site
Not sure what to make of the Jacket, but as for the grackle i think the two photos show it is doing the job it's there for.

Second picture horse relaxed and it doesn't have an effect the first where its fighting it slightly it looks very tight.

MrPerkins

Visit site
Ahh yes looks like @milliepops has got it!

The website selling that one explains the resoning;

Innovative noseband design with a similar action to a grackle but with the addition of a cavesson that adds stability and enables the noseband to remain effective while done up more loosely.

I quite like the jacket, but you wouldn't see me in one! :D

Velcrobum

Visit site
Definitely two separate nosebands along with a Gag bit seems quite harsh. The jacket looks OK on her as she is thin but IMHO not really practical same as the feathers...........

Has anyone noticed the patterned boots ???