Good vibes please

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
More <<<<vibes>>>>> on the way. We had a 25 Yr old cob with colic who the vet had to come out to 3 days running. He was saying that we would have to make a decision if she needed him again. She didn't and lived another 6 yrs with no colic ever again. We never did find out what caused it.

scats

Visit site
Vet came this evening and her temperature is ever so slightly elevated now. They’ve taken bloods and did a rectal. Nothing concerning could be felt, but obviously my biggest worry is a caecum impaction, which isn’t always obvious to feel in the early stages. Possible colitis was mentioned. She had a painkiller jab and I’ve come home for some tea and then I’m going back at 9pm to check she is still comfortable.
The plan, if she is still the same tomorrow, is that we will scan her to check there’s nothing sinister happening inside. I won’t settle otherwise. Blood results might also give us an idea what is happening.

Lyle

Visit site
Fingers and toes crossed for you and Millie. Not wanting to frighten you, but recently lost a horse to colitis. It was my first experience with it, and I hope I dont have to deal with it again any time soon. Keep the vet informed of any changes in her, especially if the diarrhea gets worse.

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Fingers crossed she's feeling better soon. Just something to throw in the mix but a friend's horse was having little colicky episodes & slow gut movement & was found to have a coronavirus. He recovered, but colicked again at the weekend & coronavirus is suspect.

SO1

Visit site
How is she doing?

I lost mine to a gastric impaction only picked up on scoping for ulcers when trying to find the cause of colic. I also had him ultrasounded and that picked up nothing. Unlikely in your situation due to the diarrhoea but just another thing to consider.

scats

Visit site
She’s eaten her night hay, scoffed her breakfast and done two normal poos since I saw her in the night. She was also her usual grumpy self when waiting to go out, which I take as a good sign as she’s been a bit too ‘nice’ the last couple of days.
She’s gone out with Polly and is grazing as normal. Tentatively hoping we’ve come out the other side. I’ve got dogs in today but will pop down inbetween and couple of other yardies are also going to check her throughout the day.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
She’s eaten her night hay, scoffed her breakfast and done two normal poos since I saw her in the night. She was also her usual grumpy self when waiting to go out, which I take as a good sign as she’s been a bit too ‘nice’ the last couple of days.
She’s gone out with Polly and is grazing as normal. Tentatively hoping we’ve come out the other side. I’ve got dogs in today but will pop down inbetween and couple of other yardies are also going to check her throughout the day.
???