hats off to ellen

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well i don't see you at the top of SJ. And don't say you don't have the money coz you can still get there without it- Helen Tredwell for example and John and Micheal Whitaker didn't have any money when they started.

[/ QUOTE ]

It can be done but Claire it takes years and years when you have little money. I don't know if anyone else watched it, it was on years ago when Tim still hadn't really hit the big time, he had a knackered out lorry, he sewed his own hand up when he got cut and every penny counted, I think it took him 15 years + before he got there.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
dont you DARE be so rude to me you childish little idiot.
No im not a top showjumper yet, i havent had that oppurtunity yet but i do train with top international competitors and even if i didnt i would no the difference between right and wrong
I know many a rider better than ellen who arent at the top because its a struggle. Everyone knows that unless you have funding it is difficult to make it that far.
But neither i or other riders haul their horses in the mouth. Friday was no excuse for anyone and i think she should have been reprimanded. I wasnt the only one to comment on it either.
So dont bite my head of just because you cant stand that im critiscising the almighty ellen whitaker. grow up.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Very true and of course if you've got money then it really does help! Of course it does, but it really annoys me when people go on about how some of the top riders haven't got talent, well sorry they have you can't get to the top without talent IMO.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I think it you who needs to grow up you're so jealous its pathetic, get a grip if you want to get to the top get out there and do it.

I just can't believe you can say someone like Ellen hasn't got any talent.

samsaccount

Visit site
He cost 500,000 pounds 1,000,000 euros.He was 5 when he was bought from the aution in Germany and was the highest valued 5yro to come back to Britain (i think) He was reportedly up for sale for 1,000,000 early this year before the legal dispute arose.

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Very true and of course if you've got money then it really does help! Of course it does, but it really annoys me when people go on about how some of the top riders haven't got talent, well sorry they have you can't get to the top without talent IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes money does help, as do million pound horses. I always used to think that of course you couldn't get to the top without talent until I read Graham F (or whoever it was) saying that you could aslong as you had dedication, good horses, a support team and deep pockets.

I think she must have talent, but she has had a hell of alot of opportunities that others haven't which is probably why she's got there so much quicker than others.

Either way she's good for the sport (not when she's heavy with her hands but you know what I mean) and she's good for the UK.

kayleigh_and_rocky

No she may have talent, but its hidden behind her attitude.
I also think you may be confusing talent with training. If i'd had the upbringing she did im sure id be at the top by now
And i am getting out there and doing it but its difficult when you have NO money, it takes TIME. And excuse me but where are you? never even heard of you before so who are you judging me
And yes your SO right, im SO jealous of a rider that clearly shows no respect for her horses. Oh yeah sorry other than the one that cost a million yeh gota show respect for that one!
As i said i've let her riding faults slip before, but if you'd seen what i did on friday you wouldnt be talking her up now. Who does that? Who gallops a horse over and over and over a practice fence AFTER the round because it knocked a jump, hauling it back to a hault after it and kicking it with the spurs
Answer me that

Dovorian

Visit site
IF her training/riding styles are really so bad, the horses will simply not keep their jumps - proof wil be in the pudding as they say! The fact that Locarno comes out and jumps so well for her must surely indicate the success of the partnership as it stands now?

jac47

Visit site
i have to agree with you i was watching on friday and though for the top lady rider to act like she did was a disgrace it would be interesting to see what others who witnessed it thought. That was totaly out of order.

KarenX

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As i said i've let her riding faults slip before, but if you'd seen what i did on friday you wouldnt be talking her up now. Who does that? Who gallops a horse over and over and over a practice fence AFTER the round because it knocked a jump, hauling it back to a hault after it and kicking it with the spurs
Answer me that

[/ QUOTE ]

Who does that? I've seen it many times! Its totally wrong and should be reprimanded for it, but dont for a second think its just Ellen...
frown.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
He cost 500,000 pounds 1,000,000 euros.He was 5 when he was bought from the aution in Germany and was the highest valued 5yro to come back to Britain (i think) He was reportedly up for sale for 1,000,000 early this year before the legal dispute arose.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 millio euros is more like nearly 700,000, well not far off anyway.

Madam_max

Visit site
I saw it and TBH, I have never really taken much notice how she rides, as she is obviously very successful, but that display on Friday was terrible, if she does that in the ring, how do they get treated outside. Very, very unprofessional.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I'm in no way judging YOU, i was just stating that you are not at the top and cannot say that you don't need talent to be there, and as i said previously you can give me everything (best training and horses) and i'd still be awful, lol.
Im not mixing training up with talent as IMO you can have all of the training in the world but you still need talent to succeed.

[ QUOTE ]
Well im sorry but like i said with the oppurtunities ellen has been given.....
People i think are talented riders who have earnt their status....tim gredly....

[/ QUOTE ]

Your logic is ridiculous. I know the Gredley's and let me tell you no-one in SJing has financial backing like Tim does (he knows it too and is very grateful to Bill and Rowena)!! The horse power he has on his yard (mainly youngsters) is unbelievable. Now I really like Tim and think he is a great rider (as I do Ellen) but I do not understand what he has done to earn status that she hasn't.
They both have massive amounts of money available to them, have top class training all the time and both get fantastic results in world class competitions.

severnmiles

Visit site
I certainly wouldn't pick Tim G as one I'd respect. Ben M is a beautiful and quiet rider but again his dad has heaps of cash to spend.

To me its the original Whitakers, Tim Stockdale, Harvey Smith and people like that who have my respect.

kayleigh_and_rocky

Harvey smith? Really? I wasnt around when he was but i've heard awful things about him!
And im not commenting really as in money, im saying that WITH the money ellen has you wold have thought she would be a tad more professional
I love ben and tim as riders, both have money yes but both care about their horses and ride them beautifully, particularly ben

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1 millio euros is more like nearly 700,000, well not far off anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is now....it wasn't at the time that Locarno was bought
wink.gif

severnmiles

Visit site
Harvey was a hard rider, as were many of them in those times. But what I mean is he got to the top without masses of money!

I hear worse things about certain people now than ever about HS, but they could just be rumours..who knows!

Ferdinase514

Visit site
Whether talent or training, it makes no difference. She's at the top and doing well. does'nt matter which it is does it.

I was surprised at how well she came across on the BBC interviews, but her accent? What is that. Sounds Irish.

I have to say I have thought her a brat since reading in H&H a few years ago of how she had a Merc (and she was pictured in front of it) even though she wasn't old enough to drive! But that could be put down to the writer of the article portraying her in that light.

Is really hard to make a judgement on someone without actually knowing them.

[ QUOTE ]
dont you DARE be so rude to me you childish little idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think someone hit a nerve!!!!!

Please do not say that if you were given the opportunities that Ellen has been given, you would be where she is (well, better as you are calling her riding). Anyone can say this.......If you had the dedication, guts, determination, raw talent etc etc then we would know who you are......... Helen Tredwell has probably had less opportunitis than you but she is a good rider and she wanted it and now we all know who she is - you, we do not.

kayleigh_and_rocky

no im not gonna sit here and be told becaus eim not a top showjumper i cannot critiscise what i see as absolutely disgraceful behaviour. I shouldnt be scared of saying what i think because some rude person is going to say 'well your a nobody so you cant have an opinion' no ta