Horses with "human" names

Shavings

Visit site
I Have Levi.. Ironically 2 months after buying him my god son was born and also name.. Levi!

There is also the following names on are yard
Sally
Dermot
Jo
Jess
Max
Hidi

Would be worse names i once knew a horse called Piano !

tinycharlie

Visit site
Ours is called charlie which I love, I've known
Ben
Greg
Phoebe
Hal
Tia
Stella
Connor (or connie)
Several others too
I like human names and more unusual names too 😃

Kokopelli

Visit site
I had an Andy he was super but did lead to some interesting conversations. "Just going to ride Andy, etc"

A lot of the horses we get where I work have people names, I think the Irish aren't very imaginativ. :)

TelH

Visit site
I have Harold and Izzy and their mother Maud. I also have Elspeth, Lulu and Jazmyn. In fact of mine there is only Riva who doesn't have human name.

Over the years I have known horses called Tom/Tommy, Bobby, Clive, Charlie, Alice, Hazel, Tiffany, Sam, Sophie, Dylan, Jade, Bridget, Katie, Megan, to name a few; plus many years ago I remember 2 virtually identical little ponies called Phillip and Phyliss, the only way I could tell them apart was to look which was a gelding and which was a mare.

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I used to know a Giles - she was a mare !! I've known Norman (x2) Stella, Selina, Robbie, Nancy, James, Jamie, Sinead, Shiobhan, Charlie x 2, Many Pepes, Archie, Bodecia, Lizzy, Jodie, Ffion, Leo, Hugo, Romeo (technically a man's name) Fred, Freddie, Derry X 2, Trixie, Donna, Colin, Johnny, Steve, Peggy Sue, Jimmy... the list goes on.

Of my own, my current boy is Sam (not my choice!) My last was Ronan (a roan, go figure LOL) A mare I called Libby, a mare I called Kazia (Kaz).

I do think of all of these the most incongruous is 'Steve' :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
All of mine have had human names. Holly, William, Reuben, Millie & now Kira too.
I wouldn't ever change them, not through superstition but because I've been happy with the names they arrived with.

Katie :)

Visit site
I've got a Jack and I know a Clive, Norman, Dave, Ben, Maggie, Leo, Dan, Joey, Jeff, Sid, Murphy and many more from yards I've worked on. I find it can be quite funny going up to meet a new horse called a human name like 'Jeff' rather than something like 'Smartie' .... but I guess it's whatever suits. I wouldn't change my horse's name from Jack because it suits him and his passport name is a bit, lets say 'different'! However non-traditional names can suit horses, or they can just be comical, like one I know called Radish!

exmoorponyprincess1

Lanarkshire Lass trying out Somerset for size :)
Visit site
We have all "proper" names except the Connie who is Ringo and we couldn't find anything that suited him better...the Exmoor girls stable names are Mabel, Kitty, Lily, Maimie and Effs who answers to Ethel; the sports horse is Mildred :D The girls names are like an old ladies tea party!

Ponies/horses with "proper" names from my past include Norman, Sam, George, Connor, Casey, Declan, Jack, Charlie, Robbie, Darcey, Heather, Donald, Rory, Dougall, Lucy, Carrie, Sasha, Heidi...the list goes on!

SoundTheBugle

Visit site
At my yard we have:
Charlie, Bonnie, Tommy, Brian, Josie, Boris, Paula, Jack, Sam, Harry, Megan, William, Lottie, Maisie, Rita, Dennis, Henry, Tilly, Rosie, Millie, Michael and Owen. We used to have a Dave and a Bobby as well

albeg

Visit site
I have a Robert (on his passport, not named by me), which usually gets a "Who calls a horse Robert?" whenever people find out his name.

When I got him I also got "Bob is a hairy cob name, he should be Bobby."

Escapade

Visit site
Never owned one with such a name myself, but a yard near me names the horse after the previous owner if it didn't come with a name and they're stuck for one!

Then there's a few well, just because - the usual Paddy's, Danny's, Charlie's and Betsy's etc., plus Elvis, Barry, Humphrey, Malcolm and Seamus :lol:

Dazed'n'confused

Visit site
I've had a Chaz, an Alf and I call my homebred Hettie! Her 'proper' name is Heterna!
My friend had a mare called Suzie & now has one called Lizzie! I did know a cob called Bernard - totally suited him!! ;)

RockinRudolph

Visit site
Over the years I've known a few ...

Danny
Toby
Murphy
Harry
Bruce
William
Polly
Trevor
Adam