Hunting is in a spot of bother

Koweyka

Visit site
Koweyka is the poor woman OK do you know?

As far as I know she is still in hospital and her injuries aren’t life threatening, but after an impact like that she will be incredibly sore. She is lucky to be alive.

Words fail me on this, we are used to horses knocking into us and quad bikes running into us, but a car at that speed is just a whole other level.

Gallop_Away

Visit site
I have been on the receiving end of verbal abuse by sabs, I understand things can get heated on both sides, but this...... the woman was simply running up the lane. It looks to be a completely unprovoked (not that any sort of provocation could justify this) and so calculated that the driver was a fair way back and then sped up the lane, seemingly aiming for her.

She is lucky to be alive and escaped serious injury. As for the evil person who did this.... I think if I say what I truly think I will get banned. That image of her being hit and slamming into the ground has truly sickened me to my core.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
But are they actually doing anything about it?
Leicestershire Police has confirmed that officers were called to the scene shortly before midday and has launched an investigation.

They said the driver of the car has been identified by officers.

Whether that means that the police are actually doing anything about it, like arresting the driver and bringing them in for questioning, is another thing...?.

Annagain

Visit site
Leicestershire Police has confirmed that officers were called to the scene shortly before midday and has launched an investigation.

They said the driver of the car has been identified by officers.

Whether that means that the police are actually doing anything about it, like arresting the driver and bringing them in for questioning, is another thing...?.

There's no way they'll be doing nothing about that. They won't make an announcement until (s)he's charged and there will be a lot of work going on to decide what the charges will be. At the very least it will be leaving the scene of an accident, at worst attempted murder with everything from causing serious injury by careless driving to GBH in between.

palo1

Visit site
Just seen some very shocking footage on social media of a Sab being hit by a car. It is apparently hunt support driving and it looks like it was very much intentional.

*DO NOT WATCH IF YOU DON'T HAVE A VERY STRONG STOMACH*

https://fb.watch/go_qsW3uJH/

I am no fan of sabs but I felt absolutely sick watching that! This madness must cease before someone on either side is killed.

Absolutely ghastly. No idea whether this was intentional or not (as in the driver actually aiming to hit that person) - certainly it was dangerous driving and beyond appalling to not stop after hitting that woman. It is hard to believe that her injuries are not life threatening but the driver should have everything thrown at them. Last week my neighbour had to report a well known sab vehicle that hit a horse and child. Again, only a matter of 'luck' that these incidents are not tragedies. This behaviour has to stop.

Gallop_Away

Visit site
Absolutely ghastly. No idea whether this was intentional or not (as in the driver actually aiming to hit that person) - certainly it was dangerous driving and beyond appalling to not stop after hitting that woman. It is hard to believe that her injuries are not life threatening but the driver should have everything thrown at them. Last week my neighbour had to report a well known sab vehicle that hit a horse and child. Again, only a matter of 'luck' that these incidents are not tragedies. This behaviour has to stop.

Awful! Will it genuinely take someone being killed to make this madness stop, from both sides ? I hope the horse and child are OK?

palo1

Visit site
Awful! Will it genuinely take someone being killed to make this madness stop, from both sides ? I hope the horse and child are OK?

Yes, they are ok; frightened and furious but 'only pushed' by the vehicle. A young horse with a 13 year old girl riding. I hope the poor woman in the video is ok; utterly traumatic for all concerned.

Sealine

Visit site
Horrendous! I hope the victim is OK. It doesn't look like a public road. I wonder if the driver thought they could do what they liked if it wasn't on a public highway.

palo1

Visit site
Horrendous! I hope the victim is OK. It doesn't look like a public road. I wonder if the driver thought they could do what they liked if it wasn't on a public highway.

I absolutely cannot defend the driver of the vehicle for their driving and for not stopping but I wonder if that carelessness meant they didn't see the woman because their attention was ahead of them and they were driving recklessly. There is a problem with dark clothing against a hedgerow as we know but in that situation that poor woman should have been seen surely?

SEL

Visit site
I absolutely cannot defend the driver of the vehicle for their driving and for not stopping but I wonder if that carelessness meant they didn't see the woman because their attention was ahead of them and they were driving recklessly. There is a problem with dark clothing against a hedgerow as we know but in that situation that poor woman should have been seen surely?
There's so much activity around that surely any driver should have been at a crawl. Awful footage. I hope she recovers and they throw the book at the driver

PurBee

Visit site
Shocking to see some of these videos on the sab fb pages - from both sides there’s an awful aggressive atmosphere. Constant yelling and shouting.
To hear its escalated to GBH is utterly disgraceful.

I feel sorry for the horses caught in the middle of all this human commotion. Them being mostly naturally placid herd animals inherently find safety in a group - but the modern hunting experience teaches them its stressful being in a group - no wonder their faces show confusion, and stress - raised necks, tight mouths, wild eyes.

palo1

Visit site
There's so much activity around that surely any driver should have been at a crawl. Awful footage. I hope she recovers and they throw the book at the driver

I totally agree. Driving like that on a rural road is reckless regardless of what is going on. With so much activity about and people in hard to see clothing, it would be utterly ridiculous. Poor woman - terrifying footage.

Sandstone1

Visit site
It is just mind blowing that things like this are still happening. Yes there are rights and wrongs on both sides. Bad behaviour at times on both sides. However, the reality is that hunting foxes with hounds is illegal but it is still going on. People have died in the past because of this and clearly from that video some people are prepared to endanger the lives of others that disagree with this illegal activity.
To my mind there really is no other option but to stop all hunting with hounds. No more trail hunting as its just a smokescreen. This has to stop. Can anyone really say that this " Sport" is worth the life of a single human being?

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Sheesh. Whilst I appreciate that the police need time to make enquiries, that woman needs at least to be prevented from driving right now. That was premeditated attempted murder. The sabs were in clear sight right in front of her, and she revved the car up and aimed for them.

Car reg clearly visible.

This is yet another pickle for the Cottesmore Hunt, and for wider hunting with hounds in general.

Last edited:

Sandstone1

Visit site
Sheesh. Whilst I appreciate that the police need time to make enquiries, that woman needs at least to be prevented from driving right now. That was premeditated attempted murder. The sabs were in clear sight right in front of her, and she revved the car up and aimed for them.

Car reg clearly visible.

This is yet another pickle for the Cottesmore Hunt, and for wider hunting with hounds in general.
With a child in the car too....