Hunting is in a spot of bother

Sandstone1

Visit site
That is your opinion, not proven fact, just keeping on with the same assertion does still not make it fact. Given your belief about a previous post, I would question your ability to critically analyse relevant information
Really, I could link countless videos of illegal hunting but I really can not be bothered at this point. As we will not agree and there is no point in trying argue it out I shall be putting you on UI before I say something I may regret.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Really, I could link countless videos of illegal hunting but I really can not be bothered at this point. As we will not agree and there is no point in trying argue it out I shall be putting you on UI before I say something I may regret.
"Countless videos" unless they are of a majority of trail hunts, dated, unedited and verified to be what they purport to be, are not proving your point about the majority of trail hunts.

Millionwords

Visit site
"Countless videos" unless they are of a majority of trail hunts, dated, unedited and verified to be what they purport to be, are not proving your point about the majority of trail hunts.
I think we can all say for a fact that there have been rather alot of indisputable goings on reported in the mainstream media this season.

Given that, those which you may not consider legitimate...noone is photoshopping foxes onto film footage, are more likely to regularly be real.

Millionwords

Visit site
The quantum of proof for a criminal conviction is beyond reasonable doubt, for a civil action it is on the balance of probability.
Okay?

That doesn't alter public perception, or the fact we all know, and hunts know what they're actually doing alot of the time.

Just because you're not getting convicted, doesn't mean you're not doing it....that applies to anything...look at the backhanders, fraud, dodgy tax evasion <insert anything illegal and dubious here> that we do see....how much goes unpunished and comes out much later

GSD Woman

Visit site
With hunting convictions and plenty of "accidents", alpaca farm riots, and thuggish behaviour its loss is a good one

It does sound like a good hunt to lose. follow the rules or get out.

Here hunts close shop because the land is being developed. That makes me sad. I hate seeing housing developments and shopping centers where I used to see fields, crops and livestock.

Millionwords

Visit site
Apologies for JRM content but:

If any illegal activity was to be found, wouldn’t that be a nice conflict of interest to wriggle out of!
I mean the replies do give an overview of public sentiment, towards both hunting and the bacteria filled soggy bit of rag that is JRM.

The same hunt who's huntsman beat a hound just last week.

Last edited:

Millionwords

Visit site
Oh and also, this came up today.
The Avon Vale terrierman who hospitalised a sab (via air ambulance) for several days after punching him will not be prosecuted, as the police took so long to gather evidence, the 6 month threshold had passed. No prosecution for either assault OR digging out a badger sett which the sabs filmed.

Avon Vale Terrierman attack

Millionwords

Visit site
More criminal damage by hunt supporters.
Before anyone says "I bet they broke it themselves for donations" say it out loud and see how mad that sounds. I have met a sab once, she wasn't a hippie, a druggie, getting paid....she was a nurse.

Attachments

• 20230306_144208.jpg
    20230306_144208.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 57

Fred66

Visit site
More criminal damage by hunt supporters.
Before anyone says "I bet they broke it themselves for donations" say it out loud and see how mad that sounds. I have met a sab once, she wasn't a hippie, a druggie, getting paid....she was a nurse.
And your point is ?

Millionwords

Visit site
Well if pro hunt can use a sample of very few to represent the whole....then the chances are...it wasn't actually sabs....given the post above with the only People commiting acts of violence being hunt support on foot.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Police rural crime team were out in full force again at local pack's last meet of the season with scrambler bikes, a drone and 4x4s. Let's hope that next season that local pack employs a less inflammatory choice of huntsman, maybe even one without a conviction for illegal fox hunting 🙄.

It's been confirmed that the Meynell have folded.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
How do the Quorn and Fernie rate? Are either hunts clean or tainted? Thanks.
If you ask pro hunt, the reply will be that both hunts hunt legally within the law 🙄. Don't actually know either way about the Fernie.

In real life, the huntsman for the past season with my local pack was convicted of illegal fox hunting after his phone was nicked and hacked in Jan 22 when he was still huntsman for the Quorn. All the incriminating whatsapp messages with his hunt masters were there. I leave you to judge whether the Quorn are tainted or not 🙃.

Huntsman Ollie Finnegan pleaded guilty to illegally hunting with dogs. Key evidence was found on his phone after it was seized by officers from Leicestershire Police. Magistrates said Finnegan had a “pattern of offending over a period of time”.

The very next day after he was convicted he was back out hunting hounds for my local pack.

Last edited:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
And now another police force cracking down on a hunt's conduct outwith of the issue of whether wildlife crime is being committed or not. Not actually sure which hunt this affects, anyone know?

Maybe at last the days of hunts expecting to be considered number one priority rural traffic to which all others are expected to defer to are finally over.

Millionwords

Visit site
And now another police force cracking down on a hunt's conduct outwith of the issue of whether wildlife crime is being committed or not. Not actually sure which hunt this affects, anyone know?

Maybe at last the days of hunts expecting to be considered number one priority rural traffic to which all others are expected to defer to are finally over.

View attachment 108900

its the Essex with Farmers & Union Hunt issued the CPW.
Now they come up to share meets with the Quorn so they can hunt somewhere.

The Quorn who have convictions. (eta, you mentioned the huntsman Finnegan above, didn't read before posting)

GSD Woman

Visit site
This whole situation is so sad. Play by the rules or make everyone suffer. It reminds me of people who don't pick up their dog's poop.
I think I've mentioned before that the hunts in my part of the USA rarely kill the fox. And respect for the landowners is a must.

suestowford

Visit site
Well hunts dont pick up hounds poo either, so....
There is one hunt which does. It's one of the Cornish ones and apparently they now have a designated picker-upper.
Their sabs have taken to filming the hounds crapping, and if it's not picked up they send the film to the Council. Fines can be issued, and I believe there has already been one of those.

GSD Woman

Visit site
Well hunts dont pick up hounds poo either, so...

I guess they don't pick up horse poop either.

I had never even thought about picking up hunting dogs poo. I've never seen a hunter clean up after their bird dogs and the thought of some good old boys cleaning up after their deer dogs messes my poor little brain.