Hunting is in a spot of bother

SilverLinings

Visit site
The illegally-acting hunting fraternity seem completely unaware that the general public is watching them slowly but steadily implode. There have been more and more reports of illegal hunting reaching the mainstream press, and I think it's getting to the point where even people who may have been indifferent to hunting will cease to believe that any hunts are sticking to the law. Even people who aren't that bothered about foxes will be against the hunts because of the arrogant law breaking; trail hunting is rapidly loosing any support it had from the (particularly rural) public because of their behaviour.

I am pro legal trail hunting, but haven't been for years as I haven't had any hunts I was sure acted legally near where I have lived. I am starting to think there must be significantly fewer hunts acting within the law than I thought.

And the video of the bagged and trapped fox is disgusting.

moosea

Visit site
We must remember that these are isolated incidents, which don't involve all hunts. Whilst it would seem from eye witness reports on here, the bhsa own findings, leaked webinars, whatssap messages and multiple criminal convictions from the length and breath of the country - the facts remain that this is a minority of hunts, most trail hunts stick to the law, lay trails and it's all the sabs fault.

Sounds ludicrous dosen't it? yet that's what pro hunters have and continue to tell us in the face of mounting evidence that the majority of hunts contain at least one mudering, blood thisty wan*er who will break the law to torture a wild animal for fun.
Foxhunting is dead.

Burnttoast

Visit site
We must remember that these are isolated incidents, which don't involve all hunts. Whilst it would seem from eye witness reports on here, the bhsa own findings, leaked webinars, whatssap messages and multiple criminal convictions from the length and breath of the country - the facts remain that this is a minority of hunts, most trail hunts stick to the law, lay trails and it's all the sabs fault.

Sounds ludicrous dosen't it? yet that's what pro hunters have and continue to tell us in the face of mounting evidence that the majority of hunts contain at least one mudering, blood thisty wan*er who will break the law to torture a wild animal for fun.
Foxhunting is dead.
Your first para there did something bad to my blood pressure for a second :oops:😆

Sandstone1

Visit site
I hope all the " Pro hunting" people here are now eating their words. Its not just a few bad apples, its not just a few bad hunts, its not just a few examples of bad behaviour and its not all the sabs!
This cruelty is going on all the time. Any true trail hunting is in the minority and because of behaviour like this all hunting with hounds is very likely to go. And who will you blame?

Miss_Millie

Visit site
The ban can't come soon enough. It's a folly to describe those who hunt as 'stewards of the countryside', when they torture wildlife like this. Another nail in the coffin, it won't be long now until trail hunting is made completely illegal. Party at my place when the day comes!

Koweyka

Visit site
…and yet, typical response I’m seeing from pro-hunters is that it’s a set up by the sabs!! Oh go F3@k off !! Fed up of pro-hunters defending this sick practice of so called “trail“ hunting. Absolutely sickening behaviour.

Do they really think any national news station would do such a big feature on it if they weren’t 100% sure and how can they explain the terrier boys saying we need to get the sack or they will know the fox came from your place ….

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Pro hunt trying desperately to make out that the bagged fox was a plant by the sabs is blown out of the water by the terrier mens' overheard and recorded comments.

A very wise comment below on the hunting governing body's Facebook page from someone within hunting. Get rid of the terrier men! It is such an obvious step for the governing body to enforce if they were seriously trying to get licensed hunts to obey the law (joke 😬). There were no such non mounted hangers on back when I was hunting, and we managed fine.

Millionwords

Visit site
Pro hunt trying desperately to make out that the bagged fox was a plant by the sabs is blown out of the water by the terrier mens' overheard and recorded comments.
It always comes back to sabs have done it themselves , and they all tell each other, and agree, and seemingly believe it....its completely unhinged when they know that's not true because they're there doing it, week in week out when sabs ARENT there.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
There was an anti hunt piece in Rod Liddle's satirical column in the Sunday Times yesterday. The tide has absolutely turned against illegal hunting is carrying legal trail hunting with it. It dates to the webinar leaks and although that conviction was overturned it's clear that neither the police nor the public have any doubt what the advice given in those webinars was really about.

Clodagh

Visit site
A very wise comment below on the hunting governing body's Facebook page from someone within hunting. Get rid of the terrier men! It is such an obvious step for the governing body to enforce if they were seriously trying to get licensed hunts to obey the law (joke 😬). There were no such non mounted hangers on back when I was hunting, and we managed fine.

View attachment 110251

It’s just too obvious isn’t it. It’s an appalling situation of incompetent management and old boys networks.🤦‍♀️

On other news I’m not sure if it was posted on herebut I saw Wilts police have concluded that hunting subscribers should not be on their rural crime section.

Last edited:

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Tbf, Wiltshire Police Rural Crime Team are aiming to ensure that their staff do not have personal links to both past or present hunts or also to anti-hunt groups. So no active antis, either, which seems fair enough to me. Wilts Police Rural Crime Team are right on the back foot as the Avon Vale was making a complete mockery of them right under their noses - they were at best incompetent.

Pro hunt still has its knickers in a twist about it, though. Countryside Alliance Hunting has got a petition going.

🚨 Take a stand against appalling discrimination within Wiltshire Police.

Wiltshire Police has banned officers with any links to hunting from joining its rural crime team. Not only are those with any involvement – past or present – with hunting discriminated against, those who take part in any “rural based hobby or initiative” must also disclose their interests. This could be any lawful activity, including shooting and fishing.

Join us in calling on Wiltshire Police Crime Commissioner, Philip Wilkinson and Wiltshire Police to reverse their unjust and divisive hiring policy immediately

Millionwords

Visit site
Tbf, Wiltshire Police Rural Crime Team are aiming to ensure that their staff do not have personal links to both past or present hunts or also to anti-hunt groups. So no active antis, either, which seems fair enough to me. Wilts Police Rural Crime Team are right on the back foot as the Avon Vale was making a complete mockery of them right under their noses - they were at best incompetent.

Pro hunt still has its knickers in a twist about it, though. Countryside Alliance Hunting has got a petition going.

🚨 Take a stand against appalling discrimination within Wiltshire Police.

Wiltshire Police has banned officers with any links to hunting from joining its rural crime team. Not only are those with any involvement – past or present – with hunting discriminated against, those who take part in any “rural based hobby or initiative” must also disclose their interests. This could be any lawful activity, including shooting and fishing.

Join us in calling on Wiltshire Police Crime Commissioner, Philip Wilkinson and Wiltshire Police to reverse their unjust and divisive hiring policy immediately
Well thats ridiculous by the CA (no idea why I'm surprised, they're like the GB News/Daily Fail of countryside folk) the police allegedly discriminating in both directions.... therefore aiming to get someone reasonably neutral... isn't discrimination, but rather good practice.

Notice they've left out the bit about antis for better rage inducement. Almost like they wouldnt mind some ex sabs 🤣

The CA make themselves look stupid without the help of anyone else

Millionwords

Visit site
Just looked, its all reactive frothing at the mouth rubbish about discrimination. There's nothing annoys me more than people who don't stop and think logically about statements before frothing.

Clodagh

Visit site
Irrespective of the source, these photos of a filthy kennels are disgusting. No dog should be living in conditions like this. Kept as tools and tools alone.

https://www.huntsabs.org.uk/bolebroke-beagles-kennel-squalor/?mc_cid=ad41ec027b&mc_eid=5b4e152e58
I would just say it doesn’t take long for muck to build up in crowded runs. No excuse for dirty water.
I won’t share them on here but the kennels we are connected to are both absolutely spotless, so much as you can manage with 40 odd dogs sharing a run.

TGM

Visit site
That does look like a lot of faeces and does make you wonder a. how often they are cleaned out and b. how much exercise outside of the run they are getting. My husband regularly helps out at the bloodhound kennels and he says there is not usually much poop to clean up before they prefer not to soil their own runs. But the bloodhounds do get plenty of time out in the grass paddocks and also go out on exercise daily, so they do have other options of where to do it.

Last edited: