Hunting is in a spot of bother

Clodagh

Visit site
Anyone seen the stag hunting video from the Quantocks? Horrible viewing. I thought the sab was very calm and sensible.
The hunt so appalled that she was trespassing, yet so were they 🤷‍♀️

Millionwords

Visit site
Anyone seen the stag hunting video from the Quantocks? Horrible viewing. I thought the sab was very calm and sensible.
The hunt so appalled that she was trespassing, yet so were they 🤷‍♀️
I haven't and probably couldn't bear to watch. However in hunts eyes it so often seems that trespass is an action worse than any other law breaking that could occur and their only thing they have to talk about. 🙄

shortstuff99

Visit site

Clodagh

Visit site
I found it. Very sad and also very ironic that they were also trespassing.

Somehow seems worse when it is a big animal as opposed to a small one. Maybe because it is like a horse, which I spend my days tending to.
I agree. I think because you see it run to exhaustion, I also wonder if it’s worse now they can only use two hounds at a time? When I went, only twice, back in the 80’s, they were using a full pack.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I agree. I think because you see it run to exhaustion, I also wonder if it’s worse now they can only use two hounds at a time? When I went, only twice, back in the 80’s, they were using a full pack.
Apparently they also use relays of pairs of hounds, so they replace tired hounds with fresh ones over a period of several hours until they run their quarry to exhaustion. Once it eventually stops running, they shoot it. It is utterly grim, cruel and abhorrent.

How on earth stag hunting is permitted by using the “observation and research” exemption is beyond me. Just what research is going on?

According to the CPS, The “observation and research” exemption is another example and is often used in stag hunting cases, since stag hunts do not do trail hunting.

IMG_3588.jpeg

IMG_3594.jpeg

Stills from the video. The stag initially collapses from exhaustion and the anti tries to deflect the hunt. The stag gets to its feet to run a bit more but the hunt then get it. What a horrific end for the animal. What low lives the hunt must be to get any pleasure from this.

Millionwords

Visit site
Apparently they also use relays of pairs of hounds, so they replace tired hounds with fresh ones over a period of several hours until they run their quarry to exhaustion. Once it eventually stops running, they shoot it. It is utterly grim, cruel and abhorrent.

How on earth stag hunting is permitted by using the “observation and research” exemption is beyond me. Just what research is going on?

According to the CPS, The “observation and research” exemption is another example and is often used in stag hunting cases, since stag hunts do not do trail hunting.

View attachment 111902

View attachment 111903

Stills from the video. The stag initially collapses from exhaustion and the anti tries to deflect the hunt. The stag gets to its feet to run a bit more but the hunt then get it. What a horrific end for the animal. What low lives the hunt must be to get any pleasure from this.
I can't watch it, these stills are enough to bring me to tears.

There is no way people associated with any hunt won't be thought of as absolute abhorrent loathsome psychopaths by the general public.

The folk who enjoy this really must be some of the most monstrous examples of humans.

Clodagh

Visit site
I can’t watch. It’s vile, but I fail to see how this is much different to fox hunting? It still takes a special kind of evil to inflict this on an animal, whatever its species.
Idk. Tbh I’ve never felt, as long as fox hunting was done correctly, that there was a lot wrong with it. No point telling me I’m a sicko, I don’t go any more.
I just don’t see why they can’t pick the stag they want culled and shoot it then and there.

Millionwords

Visit site
Idk. Tbh I’ve never felt, as long as fox hunting was done correctly, that there was a lot wrong with it. No point telling me I’m a sicko, I don’t go any more.
I just don’t see why they can’t pick the stag they want culled and shoot it then and there.
I don't agree about the fox hunting as you know, but agree that if you MUST kill something, shooting it, properly killed outright, is the only way.

They enjoyment of chasing that stag, is the same as any debauched enjoyment of chasing and terrifying any animal to exhaustion.

suestowford

Visit site
It was seeing a hunted stag that turned me against hunting initially. He came through our field and was dripping with sweat an gasping for breath.
The staghounds people around here are also particularly rude.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Fox hunting, though we know it is still widely practised, is illegal.

Stag hunting isn't.

If deer need do culling then get a trained marksman in.

I've been told on this forum that it's not safe to shoot deer or fox where people could be around so they have to be chased with dogs. Which begs the question why my friends in the Peak Park where i used to live have excess red deer and fox shot, in an area also riddled with footpaths. Marksmen aren't stupid.

ycbm

Visit site
I don't agree about the fox hunting as you know, but agree that if you MUST kill something, shooting it, properly killed outright, is the only way.

They enjoyment of chasing that stag, is the same as any debauched enjoyment of chasing and terrifying any animal to exhaustion.

Look up "hunting the carted stag" in Ireland. They put the stag in a trailer and drive it to where they want to chase it. You couldn't make it up, could you?

southerncomfort

Visit site

View attachment 111902

View attachment 111903

Absolute savages, the lot of them. 😡

Nasicus

Visit site
Interesting comments at the end from the Countryside Alliance here....

A spokeswoman for the Countryside Alliance said a recent independent review of the policing of hunting "revealed exactly how dishonest and duplicitous anti-hunting activists are".
"There is an organised attempt among anti-hunt groups to create an impression that hunts are not operating legally, despite over 12,000 days of lawful hunting activities taking place each season," she said.
"Activists regularly make spurious allegations and provide unreliable and fraudulent evidence to back their claims."

suestowford

Visit site
Goodness me! Have they not seen the films? Or are they alleging that they are all staged by hunt sabs? I'm also referring to the 'bagged fox' ones. I wouldn't call any of those fraudulent evidence, or spurious allegations. It's there on film for all to see.

ycbm

Visit site
Interesting comments at the end from the Countryside Alliance here....

"There is an organised attempt among anti-hunt groups to create an impression that hunts are not operating legally, despite over 12,000 days of lawful hunting activities taking place each season," she said.
"Activists regularly make spurious allegations and provide unreliable and fraudulent evidence to back their claims."

Perhaps the CA would allow me to translate?

"There is an organised attempt among illegal hunt groups to create an impression that illegal hunts are operating legally. Activists regularly make well founded allegations and provide video evidence to back their claims, often at the risk of their own safety. ."

Better?

Even better would be if they could justifiably write "we are working hard with the police and our members to stamp out both illegal and antisocial activity."

I don't understand why the CA don't understand that this denial of illegal hunting is not going to protect trail hunting, it's more likely to kill it more quickly.

Last edited:

Millionwords

Visit site
Re the bagged vixen buried in an AE

" The BHSA’s farcical hearing determined that, ‘that no one involved in the management of the Hunt had prior knowledge of the fox being placed in an artificial earth, or would have condoned such conduct.

Despite this, the BHSA did decide to prohibit the Cotswold from carrying out terrier work during hunting days as well as fining the hunt £5,000. It’s chairman and joint masters will be suspended from BHSA membership for two years and shockingly but highly unsurprisingly, its huntsman will simply receive a ‘written reprimand’"

Millionwords

Visit site
Four hundred quid?! Hardly enough to put them off doing it again.

The huntsman of the Fitzwilliam Hunt, Shaun Parish, pleaded guilty to illegally hunting a fox at Peterborough Magistrates Court this morning.

The offence took place near the Cambridgeshire village of Barnack in March last year, during which a fox was dug out from their underground hiding place and flushed out to the hunt’s pack of hounds. Unfortunately for the Fitzwilliam, however, saboteurs were present and recorded the whole incident.

A trial was scheduled for today, but instead Parish chose to plead guilty half an hour beforehand and was subsequently fined £421.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site

Three men have now been charged with various offences after hounds were caught on cctv in Feb '23 killing a fox in Norfolk in a private garden, and also more offences on another day also in Feb '23.

They have all been charged with:

• Three counts of criminal damage to a property in Hingham;
  • Two counts of owning or being in charge of a dog dangerously out of control in Hingham on 20 February 2023 and Tittleshall in Norfolk on 8 February 2023;
  • Two counts of hunting a wild mammal with dogs in Hingham on 20 February 2023 and Tittleshall on 8 February 2023.
2 of them have also been charged with intentionally encouraging/assisting the commission of a summary offence.

Koweyka

Visit site

Three men have now been charged with various offences after hounds were caught on cctv in Feb '23 killing a fox in Norfolk in a private garden, and also more offences on another day also in Feb '23.

They have all been charged with:

• Three counts of criminal damage to a property in Hingham;
  • Two counts of owning or being in charge of a dog dangerously out of control in Hingham on 20 February 2023 and Tittleshall in Norfolk on 8 February 2023;
  • Two counts of hunting a wild mammal with dogs in Hingham on 20 February 2023 and Tittleshall on 8 February 2023.
2 of them have also been charged with intentionally encouraging/assisting the commission of a summary offence.
June is proving to be a popular month for huntsman in court ….

The above incident was absolutely horrific and they deserve to be locked up.

Millionwords

Visit site
A Cottesmore Hunt supporter filmed mowing down a hunt saboteur with her car pleaded guilty to causing ABH at Leicester Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Angela Jarrom, who was following the hunt at the time, received a six month prison sentence suspended for 18 months and ordered to do 100 hours of community service as well pay compensation to the injured saboteur.

Sandstone1

Visit site
A Cottesmore Hunt supporter filmed mowing down a hunt saboteur with her car pleaded guilty to causing ABH at Leicester Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Angela Jarrom, who was following the hunt at the time, received a six month prison sentence suspended for 18 months and ordered to do 100 hours of community service as well pay compensation to the injured saboteur.
I think she got off lightly. It was clearly deliberate and she could very easily killed the sab. She knew it too as hid her car. She should have gone to prison. If I did that on the road I would be in big trouble.

Koweyka

Visit site

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh good grief. And this footage was not caught on covert cctv, the fecking gloating sickos have filmed themselves doing it and laughing about it.

Epically thick as well as morally totally bankrupt.

Waits for the usual *oh no, this is awful, this is an isolated occurrence, we respect the fox* utterances to pop up.

No one believes that any more.