Hunting is in a spot of bother

Koweyka

Visit site
Personally I find that the people I associate with out hunting have high morals and personal integrity, so it’s nice to see that others do too .
Was it you that reported Sossigpoker as that’s one of the quickest post removals and banning’s I’ve seen.
I haven’t reported anybody or have anyone on user ignore, if I am insulted it makes absolutely no difference to me.

Fred66

Visit site
I haven’t reported anybody or have anyone on user ignore, if I am insulted it makes absolutely no difference to me.
It was only if you had I would have admired the action as the vitriol and language used was unpleasant and it would be admirable for someone who it was not directed at to have reported it.

Koweyka

Visit site
It was only if you had I would have admired the action as the vitriol and language used was unpleasant and it would be admirable for someone who it was not directed at to have reported it.
I never saw what she wrote, however I have been on the receiving end of some very nasty comments and they were never reported by anyone so ?‍♀️

palo1

Visit site
I never saw what she wrote, however I have been on the receiving end of some very nasty comments and they were never reported by anyone so ?‍♀️

I think the discussion here on HHO has been fairly civil and I haven't seen comments aimed at you that were very nasty so I would be interested to know what they were? On the whole the 'nasty' comment stuff generally seems to reflect the emotional response of anti-hunters toward those that are openly supporting trail hunting rather than the other way round. As an aside it has been great to see registered hunts so well supported at big equestrian events this spring - long may that continue!!

GSD Woman

Visit site
This the thread that will not die, isn't it?

I read the article about the fox center previously, where I don't recollect.

When I was in tech school each tech student had to help for X amount of time at the Wildlife Center of Virginia. The idea there was to rehab injured wildlife back to being released. A few animals that couldn't be released were kept for teaching. Anything else that couldn't be released was euthanized. In the fall all of the fawns that were brought in because people thought they were orphaned were released into Shenandoah National Forest. No hunting/shooting is allowed in the park.

Is there something like that available in England that wouldn't be keeping them in cages.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
This the thread that will not die, isn't it?

I read the article about the fox center previously, where I don't recollect.

When I was in tech school each tech student had to help for X amount of time at the Wildlife Center of Virginia. The idea there was to rehab injured wildlife back to being released. A few animals that couldn't be released were kept for teaching. Anything else that couldn't be released was euthanized. In the fall all of the fawns that were brought in because people thought they were orphaned were released into Shenandoah National Forest. No hunting/shooting is allowed in the park.

Is there something like that available in England that wouldn't be keeping them in cages.
There are a number of wildlife rehab centres around the country, although, as far as I know, few foxes are treated at them.

Koweyka

Visit site
Hopefully the M.O.D will follow suit and even more hunts will be consigned to history.

? VICTORY! ?

The Lake District National Park Authority will now 'suspend trail hunting licences indefinitely for activity on land owned by the LDNPA'!

This decision is a direct result of our exposé of the infamous Hunting Office webinars, which led to the Director of the Masters of Foxhounds Association being found guilty of encouraging hunts to break the Hunting Act.

palo1

Visit site
Hopefully the M.O.D will follow suit and even more hunts will be consigned to history.

? VICTORY! ?

The Lake District National Park Authority will now 'suspend trail hunting licences indefinitely for activity on land owned by the LDNPA'!

This decision is a direct result of our exposé of the infamous Hunting Office webinars, which led to the Director of the Masters of Foxhounds Association being found guilty of encouraging hunts to break the Hunting Act.

Yes, it is a result of anti-hunt activities because of hunts not following the law. It will affect less than 4% of the National Park.

Sandstone1

Visit site
How come there has been a prosecution completed for a footballer who kicked a cat and not for a hunt employee(?) who trapped a wild animal and stabbed it with a pitchfork long before?
Thats a good question. That person should be going to jail. Clear video evidence and clear view of who it is. Dreadful and completely un called for cruelty.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
The Essex fox stabber has finally been charged nearly 6 months after the incident

He has been officially named as Paul O'Shea. The minor seen with him in the fox torturing video has also been charged.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-14...l-charged-in-connection-with-cruelty-to-a-fox

Paul O'Shea is listed as being a 'countryman' for the East Essex Hunt in Horse and Hound's gushing report dated 16/12/21. He also, according to the H&H report, occasionally whips in. His wife is a joint master of the East Essex. She is praised for always being in the right place to watch hounds ?. Handy, that.

612F127E-B82F-4DA5-BC30-EAA338A9C6BC.jpeg

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
The Essex fox stabber has finally been charged nearly 6 months after the incident

He has been officially named as Paul O'Shea. The minor seen with him in the fox torturing video has also been charged.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-14...l-charged-in-connection-with-cruelty-to-a-fox

Paul O'Shea is listed as being a 'countryman' for the East Essex Hunt in Horse and Hound's gushing report dated 16/12/21. He also, according to the H&H report, occasionally whips in. His wife is a joint master of the East Essex. She is praised for always being in the right place to watch hounds ?. Handy, that.

View attachment 94283

I was just coming on to say he has been charged. I loved hunting but people like this… no words suffice.
I do hear that Mrs O’Shea has stood down as master.

Clodagh

Visit site
How come there has been a prosecution completed for a footballer who kicked a cat and not for a hunt employee(?) who trapped a wild animal and stabbed it with a pitchfork long before?
What did the footballer get? I probably did know at the time, blame my age.

Koweyka

Visit site
❌GUILTY❌

Today at Chelmsford Magistrates Paul O'Shea, terrierman for the East Essex Hunt, plead guilty to Animal Welfare Act and Hunting Act charges as a result of covert footage taken by North London Hunt Saboteurs.

Namely that he caused unnecessary suffering to an animal by stabbing it with a pitchfork (Section 4 Animal Welfare Act 2006) and that he unlawfully hunted a fox (Section 1 Hunting Act 2004)

Magistrates deferred sentencing until Monday 1st August pending pre sentence reports.

The chair magistrate warned O'Shea that "you have plead guilty to two serious offences, a custodial sentence is a distinct possibility."

Charges against his under 18 daughter were dropped.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
^^^^

Koweyka, please edit out the sentence which identifies the minor. Her identity may well be plastered elsewhere all over the internet, but she is a minor and as such she should not be named.

At least Paul O'Shea pleaded guilty. Let's hope for a long custodial sentence.

Are the East Essex Hunt owning up to what was done by one of their employees - who is also the husband of a person who was joint master at the time of the offences and who was lauded in the E.Essex Hunt write up in Horse and Hound magazine which appeared in print shortly after the offences were committed?

Clodagh

Visit site
I hope it never entered either his or his advisors minds to plead anything else!! Not sure about a custodial sentence but he certainly deserves one. Total lowlife.
I was a bit worried that some loophole would make the filming inadmissible and the defence might try that.
On a damage limitation front for hunting it’s better that he plead guilty and they can move on/ pretend it never happened.
I’m still sickened by it.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Don't hope too hard for a prison sentence, by pleading guilty at the first opportunity he is entitled to a reduction in sentence of up to 25%, which may well bring this down below custodial.