I just bought my first cob! Introduction + feed advice + photos!

cauda equina

Visit site
I am sorry the car dealership is being unhelpful
Might it help to take a friend along next time as a wingman?
I am in no way suggesting that you're not capable of conducting whatever negotiations are needed on your own, but when we are feeling a bit fragile anyway it can help to have some moral support

chaps89

Visit site
Another just popping in to say I hope you’re doing ok. Absolutely no expectation or need/requirement for you to have to come and check in of course either, I hope you don’t feel any pressure from us all but we’re all here for you

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
My goodness Red-1 I am so shocked to catch up on your thread and read your devestating news.

I really am so terribly sorry for your huge loss, your wonderful relationship shines through in everything you write. I hope in time those happy and loving memories will ease your pain and help you through the days ahead. 🙏

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Red, I didn't see your posts on this thread until and I am so sorry. I am utterly in awe of how you have handled and dealt with everything, you are incredible.
It may be too late now, but if the vehicle make has the initials RR, I work for another company that sells those and may be able to help you if needed/wanted, just let me know.
xx

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Red, I didn't see your posts on this thread until and I am so sorry. I am utterly in awe of how you have handled and dealt with everything, you are incredible.
It may be too late now, but if the vehicle make has the initials RR, I work for another company that sells those and may be able to help you if needed/wanted, just let me know.
xx
Thank you. Yes, it was a gorgeous one of those, a brand new silly expense that I'm glad he had the pleasure of having, even for such a short time. It was to be a one off treat for him, before trading back down to something more sensible. He loved it.

I had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with finance company and also dealership, but, once the principal of the dealership came back from holiday, he actually took it back and refunded.

On that deal, it went back!

I'm not interested in cars, but that one was David's and I loved seeing it sitting on the driveway, as if he were home. But, the cost would pay many a heating bill and I was also worried about it being stolen, or, even worse, having someone break into the house to steal the keys. I feel comforted now it is gone!

367484668_10225008820111698_8895366633233970087_n.jpg

Here it is, sitting on the driveway in all its glory. I do miss it as a symbolism of him, but you have to have common sense.

Last edited:

Red-1

Visit site
Thank you. Yes, it was a gorgeous one of those, a brand new silly expense that I'm glad he had the pleasure of having, even for such a short time. It was to be a one off treat for him, before trading back down to something more sensible. He loved it.

I had a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with finance company and also dealership, but, once the principal of the dealership came back from holiday, he actually took it back and refunded.

I'm not interested in cars, but that one was David's and I loved seeing it sitting on the driveway, as if he were home. But, the cost would pay many a heating bill and I was also worried about it being stolen, or, even worse, having someone break into the house to steal the keys. I feel comforted now it is gone!

View attachment 121017
Unless you meant Rolls Royce. No, we didn't have one of those!!!

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site

View attachment 121017

I'm glad that you have a resolution on it now, and that he got the joy of driving it - they are lovely cars, but come with some risk as you say. JLR have had their hand forced by it and will be making an announcement soon that I'm not sure I am allowed to share, but it goes to show the extent of the problem.
I'm sorry that the dealership were such @sswipes to deal with, unfortunately our front of house staff in the industry can be so sales focused that other aspects of common decency can be neglected, it's an industry wide problem.

Last edited:

Upthecreek

Visit site
Red I just wanted to offer condolences and hope you are doing as well as can be expected in these devastating circumstances. I completely missed this. Life really can change in a second and the shock must have been horrendous for you. Best wishes for the days, weeks and months ahead xx

Red-1

Visit site
I'm glad that you have a resolution on it now, and that he got the joy of driving it - they are lovely cars, but come with some risk as you say. JLR have had their hand forced by it and will be making an announcement soon that I'm not sure I am allowed to share, but it goes to show the extent of the problem.
I'm sorry that the dealership were such @sswipes to deal with, unfortunately our front of house staff in the industry can be so sales focused that they other aspects of common decency can be neglected, it's an industry wide problem.
It was only the day after it went back that I got a letter from JLR telling me I had to take the car in to be updated due to a security risk. It was at that moment I was glad it was gone.

I loved the car but only really thought of keeping it as it had already lost value as it is now secondhand. As it'd lost the value, I contemplated keeping it, if just for a short time.

No regrets though. It really isn't something I need.

Northern Hare

Visit site
Hi Red-1, I am so relieved to read your update on the car, that's great news, and well done for standing your ground. I'm not a great fan of JLR dealerships - the staff can be truly awful imo, there are a lot of massive egos in those showrooms! But so pleased that the manager showed some compassion and did the right thing.

As you say, it's lovely that your wonderful husband was able to enjoy the excitement of taking delivery of his cherished new car, and for you to have lasting memories of your trips out in his pride and joy. ♥️

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh Red, have only just seen this. My sincerest condolences. Utterly totally rubbish and you sound like you are coping amazingly well. Thinking of you

Red-1

Visit site
I'n sorry to appear ignorant and it is a lovely car but what make is it?
I don't mind saying now, as it can't be stolen off the drive any more, being as it is gone.

It was a range Rover Velar. Beautiful. Very much what David wanted.

It was a one-off treat.

But very stealable! He had to shop around just to find a company who would insure it, at any price!

paddy555

Visit site
I don't mind saying now, as it can't be stolen off the drive any more, being as it is gone.

It was a range Rover Velar. Beautiful. Very much what David wanted.

It was a one-off treat.

But very stealable! He had to shop around just to find a company who would insure it, at any price!
thank you for that. I took RR to be Rolls Royce and thought we had aristocracy in our midst. :D:D:D

It's lovely he got his treat. :)