Info needed - Livery gone bad

Apizz2019

Visit site
OMG! I have no words...really really hope this is taken seriously by police and that your friend stays safe.

I've just received a message to let me know this individual is planning a visit to her new yard this weekend.

Bring it on I say, he'll be very sorry because he'll get more than he bargained for.

Then the police will sit up and take notice, I'm quite sure!

lynz88

Visit site
There has just been a court case in Australia,the man was offering farm work to "backpackers",then pressuring them into having sex etc.The farm was remote,some girls had no means of escape.
he was found guilty,not sure if he has been sentanced yit.

There was a case in Ontario where a nurse was harassed/stalked by a doctor making advances. She had notified the police several times but they didn't do anything. I remember when they found her body. Scary and very serious stuff tbh.

Apizz2019

Visit site
There has just been a court case in Australia,the man was offering farm work to "backpackers",then pressuring them into having sex etc.The farm was remote,some girls had no means of escape.
he was found guilty,not sure if he has been sentanced yit.

Horrendous ?

Reactions: DSB

Wishfilly

Visit site
I've just received a message to let me know this individual is planning a visit to her new yard this weekend.

Bring it on I say, he'll be very sorry because he'll get more than he bargained for.

Then the police will sit up and take notice, I'm quite sure!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't rely on the police to do anything. This is not a dig at the police as such- they are very overstretched due to lack of funding and officers, and the "pingdemic" has made things worse.

But often they won't take action until after an assault/crime has been committed.

Hopefully, the new yard will be busy enough that this individual will be put off doing anything whilst your friend is there. But I would not rely on the police turning up in the moment.

I would inform them now that the threat has been made.

Annagain

Visit site
I know someone who, when there were intruders at her farm, phoned the police and told them she was really worried as her husband had gone out to check on the noise armed with a shotgun. He hadn't, he was in the kitchen, but the police got there fast enough to catch the burglars red handed with their quad bike. Maybe your friend's new YO could "have a shotgun" when you call the police when he arrives.

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
We had a similar thing to Annagain with a neighbour who is renowned for terrorising all neighbours at one time or another. We found the Guards very little help other than going up to 'have a chat' with him ?, until I rang the emergency lien to tell them he was in my field brandishing a shot gun.... which he was. They did arrive very quickly and he was taken away but nothing was done at all. The Guards even told us he had a complaint sheet against him from other neighbours that covered two A4 pages!.

Eventually my eldest son had a quiet word with him (don't ask!) :rolleyes::eek: that was last year and so far he is leaving us alone. these men are all bullies and need to be treated as such.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Unfortunately, I wouldn't rely on the police to do anything. This is not a dig at the police as such- they are very overstretched due to lack of funding and officers, and the "pingdemic" has made things worse.

But often they won't take action until after an assault/crime has been committed.

Hopefully, the new yard will be busy enough that this individual will be put off doing anything whilst your friend is there. But I would not rely on the police turning up in the moment.

I would inform them now that the threat has been made.

My friend has informed them this morning.

The problem is, this individual is unhinged. This modus operandi has been ongoing with various victims for many years but all, it seems have been too scared to report him.

From what I've learned, they pay him monies in order for him to leave them alone, although that doesn't always resolve the situation.

I've been contacted by someone whose friends horse was shot by this individual, or at least suspected to have been the culprit - the poor lady had to move home and has moved yards more than once as she is repeatedly discovered and it seems has nowhere to hide.

A livery I know well who was on the yard I've moved from a few weeks back, messaged me to tell me her and her family were at this yard and their shetland pony was shot. But this was explained away by the deranged individual as possibly being rabbit hunters he'd given permission to be on his land - despite her never seeing anyone on his land or in the yard/around the horses during her whole time there.

I'm not knocking the police, I know these types of crimes are very difficult to peruse but its sad that somebody has to get hurt before anything is done.

Apizz2019

Visit site
I know someone who, when there were intruders at her farm, phoned the police and told them she was really worried as her husband had gone out to check on the noise armed with a shotgun. He hadn't, he was in the kitchen, but the police got there fast enough to catch the burglars red handed with their quad bike. Maybe your friend's new YO could "have a shotgun" when you call the police when he arrives.

I'm more worried the deranged individual has a firearms licence and has been accused of shooting an ex-liveries horse and is suspected to have shot another liveries pony.

Apizz2019

Visit site
We had a similar thing to Annagain with a neighbour who is renowned for terrorising all neighbours at one time or another. We found the Guards very little help other than going up to 'have a chat' with him ?, until I rang the emergency lien to tell them he was in my field brandishing a shot gun.... which he was. They did arrive very quickly and he was taken away but nothing was done at all. The Guards even told us he had a complaint sheet against him from other neighbours that covered two A4 pages!.

Eventually my eldest son had a quiet word with him (don't ask!) :rolleyes::eek: that was last year and so far he is leaving us alone. these men are all bullies and need to be treated as such.

Oh Mrs Jingle ? Glad to hear your sons 'quiet word' worked!

Unfortunately, this is sometimes the only language these types understand!

Wishfilly

Visit site
My friend has informed them this morning.

The problem is, this individual is unhinged. This modus operandi has been ongoing with various victims for many years but all, it seems have been too scared to report him.

From what I've learned, they pay him monies in order for him to leave them alone, although that doesn't always resolve the situation.

I've been contacted by someone whose friends horse was shot by this individual, or at least suspected to have been the culprit - the poor lady had to move home and has moved yards more than once as she is repeatedly discovered and it seems has nowhere to hide.

A livery I know well who was on the yard I've moved from a few weeks back, messaged me to tell me her and her family were at this yard and their shetland pony was shot. But this was explained away by the deranged individual as possibly being rabbit hunters he'd given permission to be on his land - despite her never seeing anyone on his land or in the yard/around the horses during her whole time there.

I'm not knocking the police, I know these types of crimes are very difficult to peruse but its sad that somebody has to get hurt before anything is done.

Don't want to "like" this, given the content. I am really sorry your friend has had to go through this, and I hope the police are able to help.

Apizz2019

Visit site
The trouble is stalker like behaviour is just laughed off. People don't realise how quickly it escalates.
The same with someone giving unwanted advances. Just not acceptable, but nothing can be done unless its reported.

Exactly this.

We have one very brave lady, another ex-livery, who has agreed to make a statement to the police.

Apizz2019

Visit site
How on earth is someone with his history allowed to have a firearm?
Snap PaS!

Because I don't think anything has been proven?

I've just had a message from a local livery yard owner who told me he's had to collect two liveries from this place who were absolutely terrified, harassed, threatened etc.

I'd suspect they didn't report it too!

Apizz2019

Visit site
Whaattt??? Did the YO call the police?

I believe so! My friend was in a meeting and switched her phone on to loads of missed calls from the yard owner.

She's also just called the police. If they don't arrest him, I'm going to shout from the rooftops and spend my day kicking up as much of a fuss as possible.

Couldn't make this up, seriously.

He's deranged!

Last edited:

Apizz2019

Visit site
Bloody hell. I hope they now listen. Has your friend and the YO pointed out to the police that this man has a shotgun licence? They're pretty strict on it, but maybe the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing if you know what I mean??

Yes, she has. And also talked to them about the horse that was shot - the ex-livery/gf of the bloke. There was a thread about the incident on here and in the h&h news.

This man is dangerous, he gives no shi**ts, like most psychos ?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I don't know where the area concerned is, but this guy sounds like he is some sort of paedophile??? Certainly he sound predatory and an intimidating sort of character.

If the police are involved in this and making enquiries, which is the case, yes?? - then I would really advise extreme caution as to what is put on social media.

Perhaps it might be the better course of action to stand back and let the police sort this sordid situation out.

Hoping this happens.

Stay safe everyone.

Apizz2019

Visit site
I don't know where the area concerned is, but this guy sounds like he is some sort of paedophile??? Certainly he sound predatory and an intimidating sort of character.

If the police are involved in this and making enquiries, which is the case, yes?? - then I would really advise extreme caution as to what is put on social media.

Perhaps it might be the better course of action to stand back and let the police sort this sordid situation out.

Hoping this happens.

Stay safe everyone.

He's a lonely person, not a paedophile. But he's a bully, end of, and cannot get away with this any longer.

I hope the police will take action today and more people will come forward.

I will likely remove my post on social media today, however, I've not named him, given a direct location, or named anyone, I've kept it as vague as possible but of course don't want to risk lack of action because of what I've written.

Thank you for your kind words ?

Annagain

Visit site

I don't think there's any suggestion children are involved? Predatory and deeply disturbing, most definitely, but I'm not sure where you got paedophile from.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Good god, I hope he doesn't have any intention of shooting her horse as 'punishment'

I'm not a million miles away from this area, if she needs to hide it away somewhere I'm sure we can think of a few places between us

I don't think so but given previous history which is coming to light, I think he's more deranged and dangerous that first thought, sadly.

And you cannot reason with an unreasonable person, who obviously has some mental health issues.

I hope he gets the help he needs, and before he harms or terrifies anyone else, human or animal.

Thank you - you're very kind ❤️

Apizz2019

Visit site
I don't think there's any suggestion children are involved? Predatory and deeply disturbing, most definitely, but I'm not sure where you got paedophile from.

Agreed. In fact, younger ex-liveries who have been in touch with me, who have had issues but the root cause hadn't been because he was chasing their affections, as it the case with my friend.