Introducing Lindeza (lin-day-za)

Barlow

Visit site
Congratulations! So pleased it all worked out - these things often have a weird way of doing so!
She must be a relation of my old PRE - he was also a grandson of Jardineiro.
I’m afraid I went to the dark side though and now have a PSL!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
....or you could get a few more and put together your own "cobra" of mares....they are shown this way, all joined together by the neck collars, walking & turning as one. There's a great art and pride in training and presenting the mares of the stud together. The sound of the bells takes me straight back to Spain....
article-programa-de-la-ultim-jornada-sicab-5830b5c21b596.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Have you finished ????

I've ridden her on my own today. I had to move the steps about six times, but when she settled she stood like a rock for me to get on. She was more nervous than yesterday, when she was just banjaxed by the move, but she was a good girl and didn't do anything silly.

I changed her bit from the lozenge recommended to a straight bar and she was a lot more settled in her mouth. I'm going to try her in Ludo's Happy Tongue Bomber tomorrow.

I managed to get her to eat about half a feed, and the pair grudgingly accepted that straw was edible when they were starving ? The straw is for her, Ludo will need more bucket food but that's easy.

She is the sweetest creature. I can't believe my luck.

ycbm

Visit site
....or you could get a few more and put together your own "cobra" of mares....they are shown this way, all joined together by the neck collars, walking & turning as one. There's a great art and pride in training and presenting the mares of the stud together. The sound of the bells takes me straight back to Spain....
View attachment 48930

Deza clones!

She's gone to Deeza, by the way, Dayza was too hard sounding for such a softy.

Daisy is a cow's name ?

ycbm

Visit site
I'll stop bombing your thread now, but my Spanish boots are the most comfortable thing to ride in ever. And Deeza is a nice sounding name (clones? Yes, she's very typey :) ).

I'm really pleased to hear you say that she's typey, because there was no point in me buying Spanish if it wasn't typically Spanish. Her face is slightly convex, too, so I have no idea why she was graded as having a straight face at four, because its not straight at seven.

ycbm

Visit site
Do you know her sire? Because I may have a picture....

Alto Coronel. This is him. Would love to see your pic, did you meet him in person?

alto-coronel-003-jpg.48938

Attachments

• Alto Coronel 003.jpg
    Alto Coronel 003.jpg
    881.4 KB · Views: 465

ycbm

Visit site
Fantastic! Thankyou. I'm glad she didn't get dad's socks, though.

ycbm

Visit site
She has come in every morning shaking like a leaf, poor girlie. I don't think she's cold, it seems to be nerves, and she calms down after she has been handled.

I rode her again and she is taking less each time to stand still for the mounting block. It was raining and she was a bit 'up' and I was in two minds but I told myself just to get on with it and she was fine. She wanted to trot but accepted being told to walk, and when we did trot her legs were going everywhere! She hasn't got any idea of staying on a track or even on a straight line, she really is just backed.

I love her. I think she is absolutely beautiful. I couldn't see it when I bought her on Saturday, I just saw a nervous horse who could throw me a bunch of problems, but I can now. She's wonderful, a dream come true.

Last edited:

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I feel that you are succumbing to the Spanish magic :) Once you've found the key, they learn like lightning, turn themselves inside out to please, get upset if they can't figure out what you want, and always try, try, try. And of course they are astoundingly beautiful, made in the likeness of angels.......