Irresponsible Breeding... Should I Tell Her or Keep My Mouth?

Arizahn

Visit site
OP, you have all this to look forward to when you get to our age!

Incontinent, bad tempered, crazy, Jaffa cake dissecting werewolves.

Aren't you lucky?

Holly Hocks

Visit site
OP, you have all this to look forward to when you get to our age!

Incontinent, bad tempered, crazy, Jaffa cake dissecting werewolves.

Aren't you lucky?

I'm not incontinent - quite the opposite - been desperate for a wee for about an hour now but too lazy to get off the settee to go to the bathroom. I like to think of it as strengthening my pelvic floor... :)

Arizahn

Visit site
I'm not incontinent - quite the opposite - been desperate for a wee for about an hour now but too lazy to get off the settee to go to the bathroom. I like to think of it as strengthening my pelvic floor... :)

Ah but you admit to lycanthropy! And dissecting Jaffa cakes...

BombayMix

Visit site
yes I am a teenager but I've been around horses longer than most adults.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you are a teenager which means you are maximum of 19 years old, though by the posts you write (which you think make you seem "grown up") I would guess you are more like 14 years old. So explain to me when I am just over 65 years old and this is the first year in my whole life how you have had horses longer than myself and most adults?!!!

rhino

Visit site
:D:D:D:D:D:D

So you are a teenager which means you are maximum of 19 years old, though by the posts you write (which you think make you seem "grown up") I would guess you are more like 14 years old. So explain to me when I am just over 65 years old and this is the first year in my whole life how you have had horses longer than myself and most adults?!!!

She's 16 :D The stallion/mare owner is 12.

rhino

Visit site
When i was a lass we had a lot more respect for our elders.

I think it's more a case of if you are going to have a whinge/bitch you would do it with friends - not on a public forum where anyone can view the posts in the public areas and posts cannot be deleted except by TFC. Children just don't seem to realise that if you put something on the internet, it will stay there indefinitely :rolleyes:

milesjess

Visit site
Not read all the replies but I would -

Approach her and said I don't want to fall out but do you want to hear my opinion on the matter?

If she says yes then tell her the above points you mentioned. If she says no then say nothing.

No harm done and no reason to fall out.

There's two ways to look at it... Expressing that you believe it's unfair or stepping bak and leaving her to it.

I can see you concern but at the same time, most people will say its her horse so he can do as she pleases.

Miss L Toe

Visit site
I would approach this from and economics viewpoint, it will take large wads of cash and that is assuming all goes well, which is not guaranteed, she will sense your disapproval anyway. Horses are being shot every day [on here, they call it Put To Sleep] for many reasons, more and more because owners can't afford it.

TheoryX1

Visit site
I thought you were a young teenager. Not a vet.

This will sound harsh but I'm afraid that with posts like this and other recent ones you are unlikely to retain many friends. :confused: You absolutely should NOT be sending photos of someone else's horse to others :mad:

If she asks you for your opinion then feel free to give it. Otherwise I would keep quiet.

I am with rhino on this. Tempting that it is to say something as you are concerned for the mare's welfare, I would keep you mouth well and truly shut until you are asked for an opinion. I have found with the horsey world that its somes best biting your lip, unless you are seeing a really, horrible case of cruelty thats worth calling the RSPCA for. I know its really hard, as you would not want to see that mare suffer, but she is really better off talking to her vet about it. Might it not be worth using your energies to try and persuade her to get vetenirary advice first before she breeds, after all its the sensible thing to do, isnt it?

Miss L Toe

Visit site
- yes I am a teenager but I've been around horses longer than most adults. I'm in no way an expert, but I am logical - and logically I can't see how she'll carry a foal. Would it be okay to breed a foal and add to the over population we already have of horses if you weren't absolutely sure that the foal had a secure future?

She DID ask my opinion, though I have't given it to her yet
I think that says it all.

Arizahn

Visit site
Jaffa cakes have to be sandwiched together to avoid stickiness, and melting the chocolate flavoured coating (as do choc digestives etc)

Do not do stickiness!!!!!!

Careful dissection of the aforementioned snack will help to avoid stickiness and/or melting:)