Irresponsible Owners

bonny

Visit site
Irresponsible is whoever bred this bitch...

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/rehoming/dogs/dobermann/3065476

A merle doberman, I really have now seen it all! And in a rescue at not even 12 months old when someone presumably paid a pretty penny for her.
I was looking through their dogs and I am actually really shocked at how many 'designer' breeds there are there.. Frenchies, Dalmations, Dobermans, Antolian Shepherd, S Bernard, DDB and so on and so forth..
She’s a cross , not a Doberman.

SilverLinings

Visit site

A merle doberman, I really have now seen it all! And in a rescue at not even 12 months old when someone presumably paid a pretty penny for her.
I was looking through their dogs and I am actually really shocked at how many 'designer' breeds there are there.. Frenchies, Dalmations, Dobermans, Antolian Shepherd, S Bernard, DDB and so on and so forth..
I have definitely noticed an increase in what would have been expensive puppies ending up in rescues a year or two down the line since just before covid, whereas certainly 15-20 years ago rescues seemed to be full of mongrels, animals seized in cruelty cases and more 'difficult' to manage breeds.

I think the rise of SM has a lot to answer for as I honestly think that there is a percentage of dog owners who wouldn't have given ownership more than a passing thought if they hadn't seen beautiful/cute/macho posts of striking-looking dogs on SM feeds, and said posts subsequently getting a lot of 'likes' and attention.

I think on the whole SM has made dog owning look a lot easier and less time-consuming than it actually is (as people tend to only post about the good bits), and it has caused an increase in people choosing totally unsuitable or inherently unhealthy breeds just because of what they've seen online.

Social media is sometimes used for good, such as campaigning against cruelty or spreading the word about health issues, but unfortunately I think it is cancelled out by the bad so we are no better off than before SM, just unfortunately because of SM there are now more dogs around to be affected by it.

marmalade76

Visit site

Yep, all would have cost more than a lot of us have given for a horse. Fools and their money..

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Don’t think she’s a merle: do they come in merle? As she’s a cross, I’d say pointer in there, maybe even setter? She’s gorgeous.

SDMabel

Visit site
FFS what is wrong with people :rolleyes: The fact that they still have (had?) 9 puppies left at 11 weeks old is ridiculous in itself

Assuming the breeding wasn't an accident, it makes you question the thoughts that went on prior to the mating .

What on earth would make you think this would be a good mixture ?!

Im sure a lot of it is playing into this look at this rare colours we have bred into the dogs.

There seems to be a weird obsession with merles .... When searching for a tradition JRT stud for our bitch we had scroll through so many advert for merle terriers ... all crossbred with sausage dogs so confirmation was appalling.

But they look pretty :mad:🥸

fankino04

Visit site
Well this mornings "what the he'll are you thinking" moment was an idiot anatolian shepherd owner.
I was walking a lovely dog neutral lab this morning and I saw what I think was an anatolian shepherd approaching me being walked by a small slim woman, she saw us and pulled the dog close to her which I took to mean they couldn't be trusted so I put the lab on the other side of me and kept him close so both owners were in between the dogs, sure enough as we walk past the shepherd growls and tries to lunge across its owners. We hurried past and out of the way but I thought if you've got a dog that big and powerful, which is clearly capable of pulling you over, and you know it's not good with other dogs why the he'll wouldn't you muzzle it to be safe?

Last edited:

DirectorFury

Visit site
Assuming the breeding wasn't an accident, it makes you question the thoughts that went on prior to the mating .
"I like money, people will pay money for these dogs because they're a pretty colour"
My initial assumption was money laundering but those are too cheap for that, so it's just garden-variety standard-issue stupid!

Dobiegirl

Visit site
7 months old and 9 still available so coming to a rescue soon, at least there is some brains in the mix but they are going to be quite challenging. Mum and dad can be viewed so sensibly bred then with no effort, lets hope they dont repeat the mating then and get the bitch spayed. No mention of vaccination either.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
How little these people think of their children… if I took a rescue dog in and it snapped at one of my dogs when I had been told it was good with dogs I would be extremely careful as I would hate one of my dogs to get hurt. I’m pretty sure if I had children I would be unlikely to get a rescue dog as you can never be sure what they have been through

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Today on local town Facebook page. It appears to be genuine ☹️.

Dog has been ‘rescued’ less than 24 hours ago to a home with a toddler and a clueless adult.

View attachment 127902

View attachment 127903

I saw that , words failed me. They seemed very reluctant to name the rescue earlier this morning, I've been at work so not sure if they have done so now.

skinnydipper

Visit site
Today on local town Facebook page. It appears to be genuine ☹️.

Dog has been ‘rescued’ less than 24 hours ago to a home with a toddler and a clueless adult.

View attachment 127902

View attachment 127903

She has had him a day and already knows "he doesn't like her touching his toys"

so despite knowing that the dog is resource guarding his toys, she is letting the kid mess with them.

I despair.

SDMabel

Visit site
I wonder if she encourages her child to play in traffic / stick fingers in plug sockets etc too.

That's going to be the next news article of child savaged if she doesn't do the sensible thing.

It's one of the main reasons I will never get a rescue dog whilst i have a child in the house you can never be 100% sure of their past and what experiences or lack of , they have had.

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
I wonder if she encourages her child to play in traffic / stick fingers in plug sockets etc too.

That's going to be the next news article of child savaged if she doesn't do the sensible thing.

It's one of the main reasons I will never get a rescue dog whilst i have a child in the house you can never be 100% sure of their past and what experiences or lack of , they have had.
My sister got a dog from Battersea. He was a wonderful dog, and their children came later. They lost George a little while ago, at 15, and as much as they would love to get another rescue, although the boys are 7 & 8 now, sensible around dogs growing up with George, it was just too much of a risk.

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
She has had him a day and already knows "he doesn't like her touching his toys"

so despite knowing that the dog is resource guarding his toys, she is letting the kid mess with them.

I despair.

Just like the Tik Tok account I saw earlier with an extensive array of videos of a Staffy resource guarding a brand new baby and them saying 'how cute' it is that 'he loves the baby'...

skinnydipper

Visit site
Just like the Tik Tok account I saw earlier with an extensive array of videos of a Staffy resource guarding a brand new baby and them saying 'how cute' it is that 'he loves the baby'...

A lot of these idiots think a dog licking the face of a sprog (or anyone) who is in their space is cute and don't appear to know that as well as being a sign of affection, licking face and hands is also an appeasement behaviour asking for space and has the potential to escalate to aggression if that request is ignored.

Last edited: