Is there a breed of horse you really hate?!

Alibear

Visit site
Love them all shape size and breed matter not a jot to me.
I admit I do go off the ones that like to throw me on the floor at any given opportunity.

SuperSketch

Visit site
So true! My arab is my world. I have never met a more intelligent, loving forgiving breed that will genuinly put their heart and sole into anything. However, I do believe that you need to actually own one before you find this out as they are one person orientated.

My personal dislikes (not hate) are throughbreds ... I had one that tried it's very best to kill me! and big hairy cobs (not the gypsy vanner type) more the roman nose type. For me they are just plain ugly, but I appreciate that many people love them.

And I've got to do it..... For all the non-arab fans! (this little mare had not long been backed aged 9, was unhandled until she was 8, stereotype????)

ChampanddinashowsApril2010026.jpg

dinaandwork048.jpg

Totally agree with everything said here apart from I rather like Thoroughbred - especially chestnut ones! :D

Absolutely beautiful horse you have their too :).

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
Not a fan of maxi cobs or show ponies, however I suspect it's watching their overweight little bodies pottering around on the forehand with their noses tucked in that I really dislike.

Neither are a breed I know - don't dislike any breed to be honest.

Don't like 'modern' Arabs that look like they've had their heads stoved in with a shovel and been squeezed like a hamster until their eyes have popped out. 'Real' Arabs (stocky, with big foreheads to create a genuine dished effect) are gorgeous animals.

Doncella

Visit site
Warmbloods all of 'em, Irish Draughts over rated in my opinion, all of the invented Welsh breeds, some look like badly stuffed sofas and some don't look like natives at all. Modern freaky, skinny Arabs, show ponies (pinheads), warm bloods masquerading as show hacks/hunters what's that all about?

Enfys

Visit site
- I just don't do pink 'bits' :)

:( Yup, pink bits SUCK bigtime! One of my horses (the blue eyed one!;)) even gets burned eyes, and, double whammy, in winter she gets sun AND windburn! I buy Banana Boat, factor 60, by the half dozen.

Too much pinkness.:eek:

3f82af0d.jpg

Rolle

New User
www.stall-solbacken.se
A horse is a horse is a horse is....If you love horses you can´t hate any horse breed at all. I find it much more easy to hate some horse owners;), but never any horse at all.
So I love all horses, especially my own horses, the turbocharged, five gear lava goats...Horse of the gods, the icelandic horse :cool:

Rolle
Icelandic thoroghbred

guido16

Visit site
COBS, COBS, COBS, COBS, just look like a 3 piece suite and move and the same speed with the same grace.....

and obviously those ugle little boggy eyed welsh things.....:)

Mavis Cluttergusset

Visit site
I'm not a fan of Arabs or hefty hairy feathery cobs, but wouldn't say I hate them. There is a horse I hate, but it's her personality I can't abide, got nothing against ISH's as a type (although she is built like she has been randomly welded together out of odd bits of scrap metal with little regard for aesthetics/mechanics).

Spit That Out

Visit site
I don't hate any horse and there are always exceptions to the rule however i woudn't own...

Fine coloured horses that seem to be the fashion at the moment, everyone at shows seems to have one so what was once a unique sight is now like looking at a field of cows trotting around the show ring.
Section A's - no real reason but i just don't see the point of them.
TB's - not as a horse as i think they are beautiful to watch but the fact there is always something going wrong with them and seem quite high maintenance.

HashRouge

Visit site
Don't hate any breed as they are a horse after all but I do dislike Arabs.
They are just so, so ugly with those buggy eyes and dished face.
Oh, that's nice :(
I know people always post on these threads and say things like 'no offence to people who own these breeds' but I can't help but be a bit offended when I read posts like the above. I mean, my horse is an Arab. It seems a bit mean that someone would automatically dislike her because of her breed. Or say that she is ugly when they don't even know what she looks like. I mean, she's quite nice you know. She doesn't buck, bolt or rear, or really do anything naughty. And you know what, she might have a dished face and large eyes (though no-one's ever described them as buggy) but she's honest and genuine and safe as houses. Hey, she put up with 11 yr old me (and I was a brat!), so she must have a heart of gold!!
I'd love to post a piccy but I haven't got the foggiest how!

leiat8

Visit site
I don't hate any breed as such but the one breed I cannot get on with is welshies, the sec A's and B's are fine as I can bully them but there so head strong and free willed we just have major personality clashes. However, I wouldn't rule out a welshie I would just be more carefl if buying one.

i dont think thats a great choice of words to be honest :( im not trying to start an arguement but i like to think that we shouldn't need to bully any horse into doing what we want.

Capriole

Visit site
um, haflingers, not my kinda thing but i can see why they might be popular

hairy coloured cobs, no, not for me.

friesians. dont like them in the least and dont get the attraction at all. But i admit this is only based on the animals i have seen in this country in real life or in forum photographs and if i were to see better examples of the breed in the country of origin i might get it a bit more. Still wouldnt want one though, not my taste at all.