Katie price on mag cover

gembear

Visit site
"Haters gonna hate" I think applies here to those sneering about her not being the right sort of person!

Completely true!
No matter who you are, you should be free to enjoy your horses if that's what you love and it's evident her horses want for nothing.

Although I don't enjoy the persona she plays up to (fake eyelashes, boobies, etc) she's still worked hard for what she has and has a dream to be with and enjoy her equines. Who are we to look down on her for that and say she's not good enough for h&h?!

I felt really bad for her regarding the whole cartier polo snub.

budley95

Visit site
Watching her TV show when she had a dressage lesson once, she's actually fairly good compared to most everyday riders! And I think her KP equestrian range is actually great for little girls with little ponies - pink and sparkly!

I don't like the way she comes across in the media but having met her on a couple of occasions when I've been working in private boxes at racetracks when I was younger, she really is a lovely person and spent time chatting with me (she did the same with my brother when he worked a box she was a guest in!) and it really isn't very often that a VIP guest even acknowledges the staff washing up, providing silver service and ensuring everyone has a drink and food all day - she came over and had a good 20 minute chat with us - she's lovely!

I doubt H&H will put her on the cover unless she does something to deserve it, but it doesn't mean she can't aspire to it. Maybe she could do an advert page for her range in there instead!

Auslander

Visit site
She may not be my cup of tea, but it does make me laugh a bit to see her getting slated for not being able to ride/only being able to ride at the level she does because she has expensive well trained horses. To ride advanced movements on an advanced horse, you have to be a competent rider - it's not as easy as it looks, and it surprises me that anyone who rides doesn't understand this.

Spit That Out

Visit site
I'd rather her than some 5th earl of wherever that h n h sometimes drools over.

Let's not forget, it would only be one cover out of 52 a year. An article on her and her horses would be more interesting than another bay horse's head staring into the distance which seems to be on most covers

This ^

I'm not going to cancel my subscription because of one front cover and a couple of inner pages talking about her horses...at least I've heard of her unlike some people they slap on the front or a random horse jumping a fence...as long as they don't make the magazine pink and glittery I think we'll survive one issue!

RunToEarth

Visit site
She may not be my cup of tea, but it does make me laugh a bit to see her getting slated for not being able to ride/only being able to ride at the level she does because she has expensive well trained horses. To ride advanced movements on an advanced horse, you have to be a competent rider - it's not as easy as it looks, and it surprises me that anyone who rides doesn't understand this.

I completely agree. KP has had horses since well before she became rich and famous - isn't it most peoples' horsey dream to win the euromillions, be able to build the facilities to rival a professional yard and have some really lovely horses? Why all the vitrol towards her? I'm not a fan as such, but I admire what she's achieved and I don't think she deserves the hate she is getting on here for stating an aspiration. I want to be on the front cover of H&H - all I do is hunt and teamchase - neither of them are technically as difficult as riding an advanced test, but I can dream, does it make me a moron?

sasquatch

Visit site
I completely agree. KP has had horses since well before she became rich and famous - isn't it most peoples' horsey dream to win the euromillions, be able to build the facilities to rival a professional yard and have some really lovely horses? Why all the vitrol towards her? I'm not a fan as such, but I admire what she's achieved and I don't think she deserves the hate she is getting on here for stating an aspiration. I want to be on the front cover of H&H - all I do is hunt and teamchase - neither of them are technically as difficult as riding an advanced test, but I can dream, does it make me a moron?

I agree with this!

If I was as rich as her, I'd definitely buy myself some nice horses and facilities, and get a top class instructor! I think most people here would!

I do feel sorry for Katie Price, she strikes me as still being seen as 'Jordan' and not the person her kids know her as. Yes she's made questionable decisions, but haven't we all? we just don't have the media broadcasting it to the world.

If she likes and enjoys riding, cares for her horses and treats them correctly, then who are we to really judge her for wanting to be in a horsey mag? Are famous people not allowed to have hobbies now?

Much rather see her riding than some of the other celebrities out there, especially after seeing Justin Bieber on his 'pure bread stallion', Selena Gomez, that annoying one from Girls Aloud who isn't Cheryl and Zac Efron on a horse, Katie is definitely preferable at least when it comes down to actually being able to ride, even on a novice level!

twiggy2

Visit site

at the tender age of 15 I was babysitting for a local family and was asked if I would like to ride the ginger tank of 14hh of pony, he really was built like a tank, I was only allowed to ride him in the flat field behind the house and to be honest I would have been far too scared to ride him anywhere else as he just did pretty much his own thing, he tanked round corners, chose the speed we went at and when that speed changed-TBH I hated riding him, he made me ache from head to toe. I struggled for 6 months riding him 5 days per week because I wanted to work him out. Then his owner came out and gave me a lesson and it was like someone flicked a switch because if I asked and sat in the right way he was fluid,forward, supple, willing and listening. This pony had taken his owner to representing the UK in the junior catagory and she had won almost everything she took him into up to advanced. He remains to this day the most challanging horse or pony I have ever ridden.
You can buy a horse capable and competing at a high level but if you cannot ride it will revert back, they get to the levels due to ability and input/training.We all know that it is discussed on here often enough about people being over horsed or the novice ruining a horse in a short space of time so I really don't get all the hate for KP. Maybe it is jealousy?I know I would not pass up on her money and ability to choose a lifestyle with no financial restrictions.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
If she wants to then good on her. Live and let live and all that...

I know there has been lots of negativity about when Victoria Beckham was riding and spending £1000's on horses, ya know what? If I win the mega-jackpot on the lottery of £169 Million then I might consider blowing £600,000 on a top class horse! Doubtful I'd be able to ride one side of it....but I'd probably have a go!

I'd like to meet her, she's a damn site more successful than I am, and a bit more pleasant on the eyes too! :D

Last edited:

littleshetland

Visit site

This is so true, it is amazing how many people think anyone can climb on an advanced dressage horse and do all the movements effortlessly - in many ways, the more trained the horse, the more competent you have to be. KP does ok...

ribbons

Visit site
I quite like her, and I wouldn't mind betting she rides a darn site better than those that slag her off.
An expensive talented horse does not automatically make its rider a good one, quite the opposite actually.
Large dose of jealousy mostly I think. What has the woman ever done that is so bad. Certainly nothing I can think of.

olop

Visit site
I quite like her, and I wouldn't mind betting she rides a darn site better than those that slag her off.
An expensive talented horse does not automatically make its rider a good one, quite the opposite actually.
Large dose of jealousy mostly I think. What has the woman ever done that is so bad. Certainly nothing I can think of.

Echo this!
So what if she has dreams, who is anyone to tell her she can't do it!

Hayjay

Visit site

Ditto. She obviously loves her kids and does a lot for charities associated with Harvey's condition. I admire her and very pleased to see so many others do too.

gembear

Visit site
I would say this thread has not gone in the direction the OP intended it to.

This makes me happy, shows not everyone is a bitchy snob.

Polar Bear9

Visit site
I wouldn't mind knowing what brand of sports bra she wears tbh

Other than that she'd have to have achieved horsey things on a par with other front cover stars for me to be remotely interested

small fish

New User
Visit site
I'd love Katie on the front page. And what a cool goal to have in life when you've already achieved so much. But then I like pink and glitter... ;-)

Farma

Visit site
I think the cover is constantly the same people and it would be nice for it to try a different tact. I would like to read the article x

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site

I completely agree.

twobearsarthur

Visit site
I would actually like to read an article in H&H about KP and wouldn't mind seeing her on the front cover at all.
The regular press gives you the ridiculous Katie rode a horse now she's going to the Olympics spiel, the same press that think Zara Phillips is a show jumper and dressage is just dancing horses.
To read an "equestrian" interview with a person who has been able to fulfil her dreams by building up her own business empire would interest me.
I would also like to know what sports bra she uses as I too have had some *ahem* modifications that could do with being put in their place when sitting trot lol.

ladyt25

Visit site
Just had a peep at her Twitter it reads -

Doesn't actually say anything about being on the cover herself.

Ax

I am not on twitter but Richie Rich is fab so she's quite right to be ecstatic for her friend.

It is amazing (and sad) how bitch people can be about others. Live and let live. Katie clearly loves her horses and family. Yeah she's made some terribly crappy decisions and mistakes in life but haven't most of us. I actually admire her for having the energy to do it all!!
She's a shrewd business wwoman it would seem although I do feel all the surgery she has had done is very sad but to me demonstrates someone who has hangups about how they're look (like many of us). It's a shame she felt she needed to change her looks.
As for her horse interests. She can do what she wants
I would actually probably be more interested to read about a day in the life of Katie and her horses as opposed to another article about some overweight 'show' cob winning at "x" county show..........

Equi

Visit site
I would say this thread has not gone in the direction the OP intended it to.

This makes me happy, shows not everyone is a bitchy snob.

If people don't agree with me it is fine. Despite the post i don't dislike katie, as i said i think shes a great business woman and as someone who has a disabled sister i find the work and admiration she has for her son heart-warming. I also never said she was a bad rider, shes very good. However, considering people work their entire lives mucing out at the local rs, to go on to a yard to work, to go on to train with stars, to go on to be a star - just the thought that shes has been able to buy her way into it doesn't sit well with me.

Rapidash

Visit site
If people don't agree with me it is fine. Despite the post i don't dislike katie, as i said i think shes a great business woman and as someone who has a disabled sister i find the work and admiration she has for her son heart-warming. I also never said she was a bad rider, shes very good. However, considering people work their entire lives mucing out at the local rs, to go on to a yard to work, to go on to train with stars, to go on to be a star - just the thought that shes has been able to buy her way into it doesn't sit well with me.

How has she bought her way into it? And bought her way into what? She's built up her fortune from scratch, worked just as hard as a professional rider, and learnt to ride as all as she can. Plenty of covers aren't of career riders.

If it's all about how much someone has mucked out then there are plenty of people who don't "deserve" a cover. If we're being snide then Zara Phillips or Laura Bechtolscheimer should be banned from a cover. And KP on a cover doesn't distract from riders like you mention- they can have the covers of the other 51 editions.

How about we celebrate all riders? An article on celebrity riders would be fun. Really enjoyed Martin Clunes programme a few years ago.

gembear

Visit site

So really what you're saying is you're bitter about her wealth and the fact she's able to buy expensive horses?

How is that any different from the wealthy offspring of some aristocrat (let's take Zara Philips for example - and not dissing her in any way) who will have had access to great horses and trainers growing up and thus, has been on the cover of h&h. Did you moan about her in the same way?

KP has come from a working class family, had ridden since she was a child and had horses therefore she has spent plenty of time mucking out and working hard on a yard.

Just because she didn't make her wealth from horses, doesn't mean she's not allowed to spend that wealth on horses.

The woman is just trying to enjoy her hobby and have dreams, leave her be.

gembear

Visit site
How has she bought her way into it? And bought her way into what? She's built up her fortune from scratch, worked just as hard as a professional rider, and learnt to ride as all as she can. Plenty of covers aren't of career riders.

If it's all about how much someone has mucked out then there are plenty of people who don't "deserve" a cover. If we're being snide then Zara Phillips or Laura Bechtolscheimer should be banned from a cover. And KP on a cover doesn't distract from riders like you mention- they can have the covers of the other 51 editions.

How about we celebrate all riders? An article on celebrity riders would be fun. Really enjoyed Martin Clunes programme a few years ago.

Seems we're on the same brain wave ;)

Illusion100

Visit site
I don't think she's a good rider, I think she has been taught what buttons to push on her Professionally schooled horses that are trained for her daily to look good on. But I've only started from the bottom and worked up to competing at European level. That must mean I'm jealous?

There is a lot to admire about Katie, her horsemanship skills aren't up there for me. If that makes me a 'hater'...... I can live with that.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
To those who eulogise her 'hard work' she made her original money by allowing pictures of her surgically enhanced mamary glands to be placed in national newspapers. I do wonder how many people who admire her, admire other sex workers.