Katie price on mag cover

Equi

Visit site
Do you not feel that is worthy of being on a cover of a magazine?

Cover of Brooke mag yes, or any other horsey charity mag (bhs and the like)

But if you're going down the route of "charity donators should be on the cover" well...there is a looooong list and some of them are anon so would be a bit useless on the cover...Would also mean anyone can get on. As someone else said, Justin Beiber has a horse, he might want on the cover...If he donates, its fine. HHO can be the new Hello, with a horse in there somewhere...maybe...if it suits

Anyway i have said all i have needed to.

Last edited:

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Do you not feel that is worthy of being on a cover of a magazine?

No what is so worthy about giving money to a charity when you are worth 45 million? I expect her celebrity machine makes sure she does charity work it is naïve to think otherwise - for one it makes you look good and you get tax breaks for donations. Just like she doesn't right her own books or design her own clothes etc. She has a load of people who also want to make money out of her name and who will be promoting her.

Someone who has dedicated a large part of their life to horse welfare - yes they may well be worthy of a cover. Other than that they should stick to equestrian achievements of which she has none as yet.

glamourpuss

Visit site
I actually found the comment from KP rather endearing. Here is a woman who appears to have a lot (fame, money, success) & she still has a big dream. How wonderful.
We all have dreams, I know what mine is & I'd be desperately upset if someone tried to trample them down because of who I am.

I hope Katie achieves what she wants.

oldie48

Visit site
"So proud for my best friend as her horse Richi Rich has made front cover H&H still 1 of my dreams to achieve " Just a quick reminder of what she actually tweeted, blimey, a girl can dream can't she whoever she is!

luckyoldme

Visit site
"So proud for my best friend as her horse Richi Rich has made front cover H&H still 1 of my dreams to achieve " Just a quick reminder of what she actually tweeted, blimey, a girl can dream can't she whoever she is!

Must be quite exhausting having everything you say twisted and analysed in this way.
I still dont get the poster who said she is the wrong type of person and while reflecting on my own working life if i knew then what i do now and id had the qualifications for the job i would have got my knockers out 30 years ago!

RunToEarth

Visit site
A hobby is perfectly fine, but H&H is not exactly a hobby mag, or is it? I'm not sure i haven't got it in ages :D

I've been in H&H twice- they 100% are a hobby - you are aware that Horse and Hound originally mostly covered hunting, and the majority of the field are pleasure riders, not professionals?

I just think you are blinkered - you don't have to wallow in a muck heap half of your life to warrant a place in a magazine. I do think the horsey community are more judgemental and jealous than most.

As for her career as a glamour model - positively angelic compared to late night horse box antics of a good few household names.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
H
I've been in H&H twice- they 100% are a hobby - you are aware that Horse and Hound originally mostly covered hunting, and the majority of the field are pleasure riders, not professionals?

I just think you are blinkered - you don't have to wallow in a muck heap half of your life to warrant a place in a magazine. I do think the horsey community are more judgemental and jealous than most.

As for her career as a glamour model - positively angelic compared to late night horse box antics of a good few household names.

Lol, all this!

spoo

Visit site
KP did not say that SHE wanted to be on the cover. She said her dream was that one of her HORSES was on the cover! That's how I took it anyway

ladyt25

Visit site

This exactly.

Spring Feather

Visit site
So she's happy for her friend's horse to be on the cover of H&H and it's a dream she'd like to achieve. I can't see anything wrong with anyone having dreams.

And so what if she's not a great rider? I'd bet that 3/4 of the people on this forum aren't either but that doesn't stop anyone having dreams surely?

minesadouble

Visit site
Firstly there's a big difference between a pic or a mention inside the pages of Horse and Houmd and actually making it to the cover! However I do agree there is nothing wrong with having a dream, no matter who you are.

To those saying it is unfair to form an opinion of someone you don't know KP has put herself so much in the public eye I probably have more knowledge of her 'private' life than I do that of some of my own friends!!
I am not a great fan of the woman. Not because of the manner in which she has made her fortune - good luck to her in that respect, but I feel the way she makes her celeb 'spats' and personal attacks on her exes so public ( often including foul language) is a terrible burden to place on her children. Can you imagine what it will be like for them at school after one of her social media outbursts??

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Goodness me. All this hoohah because a hard working woman, who rides better than a good portion of us on here, is on the front cover of H&H.

We are, indeed, all entitled to our opinions, but I would love, one day, to see as much drive and passion for the equine in need threads as has been expended on this one.

Queenbee

Visit site
She may not be my cup of tea, but it does make me laugh a bit to see her getting slated for not being able to ride/only being able to ride at the level she does because she has expensive well trained horses. To ride advanced movements on an advanced horse, you have to be a competent rider - it's not as easy as it looks, and it surprises me that anyone who rides doesn't understand this.

Very good point, to all of you saying she only does well because of highly trained and talented horses, what on earth would you say to those people who do not ride and criticise the likes of Of our top pro horse riders for exactly the same, there are so many ignorant idiots out there who believe it was all about the horse and not about Charlotte dujardin having any form of tallent "she just has to sit there" they said, would you have agreed with them. Everyone who rides horses came out in defence of CD, arguing that no, it takes a good deal of talent to sit on those horses and ride them! Yet here people are showing themselves the same as the ignorant bigots who do not ride and run horseriding down as a sport.

I simply don't understand the mentality of some people

gembear

Visit site
Very good point, to all of you saying she only does well because of highly trained and talented horses, what on earth would you say to those people who do not ride and criticise the likes of Of our top pro horse riders for exactly the same, there are so many ignorant idiots out there who believe it was all about the horse and not about Charlotte dujardin having any form of tallent "she just has to sit there" they said, would you have agreed with them. Everyone who rides horses came out in defence of CD, arguing that no, it takes a good deal of talent to sit on those horses and ride them! Yet here people are showing themselves the same as the ignorant bigots who do not ride and run horseriding down as a sport.

Well put and a valid point.

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Must be quite exhausting having everything you say twisted and analysed in this way.

I hate twitter. I think it's the worst of all social media windows for people being able to launch into an attack. I don't have an account, had one for about 3 weeks once then got rid! Facebook I feel is a little easier to keep control of IMO.

..and TBH, if I was rich and famous, I still wouldn't have it as I'd be getting into arguments with strangers over the most stupid things I'm sure! :p

Elsiecat

Visit site
I hope she appears on the front cover topless just to knock a few of your noses out of joint. Hilarious that some people are so snobby and spiteful!

ladyt25

Visit site
Firstly there's a big difference between a pic or a mention inside the pages of Horse and Houmd and actually making it to the cover! However I do agree there is nothing wrong with having a dream, no matter who you are.

To those saying it is unfair to form an opinion of someone you don't know KP has put herself so much in the public eye I probably have more knowledge of her 'private' life than I do that of some of my own friends!!
I am not a great fan of the woman. Not because of the manner in which she has made her fortune - good luck to her in that respect, but I feel the way she makes her celeb 'spats' and personal attacks on her exes so public ( often including foul language) is a terrible burden to place on her children. Can you imagine what it will be like for them at school after one of her social media outbursts??

Ah but that is ONLY based on what you read/see in the media and that is edited however they like to make you form certain opinions!

minesadouble

Visit site

CD may also ride high value horses - that is where the similarity ends- she doesn't just sit there - she gets them to Olympic level. She does not spend lumps of money on horses then fail to achieve with them. THAT is the difference.

As for people being 'snobs' well personally I couldn't care less if someone gets their baps out for cash. However, there are those that see this as morally reprehensible and if they do that does not make them 'snobs' in the slightest. Snobbery and morality are two VERY different things!

Moomin1

Visit site
CD may also ride high value horses - that is where the similarity ends- she doesn't just sit there - she gets them to Olympic level. She does not spend lumps of money on horses then fail to achieve with them. THAT is the difference.

As for people being 'snobs' well personally I couldn't care less if someone gets their baps out for cash. However, there are those that see this as morally reprehensible and if they do that does not make them 'snobs' in the slightest. Snobbery and morality are two VERY different things!

I would like to bet that many many 'admirable' people who are idolized by many, do things in their private life that would make toes curl. I'd also like to bet that the majority of people on this thread would spend money left right and centre on things to try and reach their dreams.

But that aside, KP hasn't actually said anything other than she dreams of her or her horse being on Horse and Hound front cover. Seriously, where is the big deal with that? Everyone is entitled to their own dreams, whether viable or completely outlandish. If it doesn't harm anyone else, so what?

Elsiecat

Visit site

So you're saying Katie Price doesn't have morals? Does she not meet the minimum moral criteria to appear on the cover of HHO?

twobearsarthur

Visit site
So you're saying Katie Price doesn't have morals? Does she not meet the minimum moral criteria to appear on the cover of HHO?

I didn't realise H&H covers were the moral barometer of the masses now either.
If that's the case there are a hell of a lot of successful equestrians who will have to decline future covers.

oldie48

Visit site
I saw a very high profile event rider who frequently appears on the cover of H&H and in dedicated articles, deliberately run a young horse into a fence giving no chance to jump it, wack it several times, then present it properly Why? Because it had stopped first time. If that's what you need to do to "qualify" for the front cover, I'd rather get my baps out!

minesadouble

Visit site

My comments regarding morals were made in response to those calling some making negative comments 'snobs'. I was simply attempting to point out that morality and snobbery are two very different things.

Personally I have no issue with those who 'get them out for the lads' for a bit of cash. However I respect the views of those who do find it unseemly, they should not be labelled 'snobs' for their viewpoint. Everyone has their own moral code and morality should not be confused with snobbery.

As far as getting in the cover of said magazine goes I have stated that she is entitled to this dream as much as any other equestrienne, however I do feel the level she is currently riding at will preclude this - at least in the near future.

I certainly don't expect cover stars of H&H to have to conform to any moral codes. But other than hunting covers most that make the cover do so because of high equestrian achievement. I personally don't think 'celebs' having a dabble in the hobby should be sufficient to make them cover material.