Katie Price.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
No, but if people are stating that no animal lover can wear fur because the method is 'cruel', then surely then that can be the same for meat too. I'm pretty sure neither animal enjoys it. And if you're using that to vilify someone........

Oh okay. Well I wasn’t, personally speaking, but you sit there on your high horse this evening...

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Oh okay. Well I wasn’t, personally speaking, but you sit there on your high horse this evening...
Not really, I was replying to someone who had said she was terrible and not an animal lover because she had advertised fur. I was just pointing out it was a bit harsh to say she must hate animals for that when everything else was fine. I didn't personally judge anyone for doing either.

Winters100

Visit site
I have no idea whether this lady is a good owner or not, but I don't think that you can judge someone without knowing the full circumstances.

I am very careful with my dogs and horses, but a few years ago I had a horse badly injured by a fence. I didn't feel that it made me a bad owner. It was an accident which happened with a fence that would have been considered by most as perfectly acceptable With my dogs I have absolute rules about no one opening the gate until phoning to make sure that they are inside, but just a few weeks ago it was mistakenly left open and one ran to the street when I went to the open the pedestrian gate to take a delivery. Nothing happened, other than a very surprised DHL driver who had 50 kgs of very friendly dog greeting him, but this dog has no road sense and could have been hit by a car. Lesson learned, people make mistakes, now no one opens the door until double checking the car gate. If you have multiple animals over a long period of time you will have accidents. Maybe she is a responsible owner, maybe not, I don't know, but certainly I have not read anything which would lead me to say that she should not have animals.

rascal

Visit site
She has a duty of care, and that includes not letting her dog attack other peoples animals, would you be so forgiving if it had been your small Animals in your own garden, or those of your children?

Visit site
rascal, I can see your point in that we hope that everyone had the same sense with animals that we do and that they do their utmost to protect them and not allow them to get into harm.

The reality is there are people out there genuinely abusing animals and they get piddly little sentences when caught, a ban for a short period.

KP isn’t at hone 24/7 I would bet, she certainly has her horses on full livery from posters on here, so she leaves her animals in the care of others. She wasn’t At home when Princess’ puppy died.

I’m not sure what you hope to gain by attacking KP, I’m pretty sure you don’t know her, don’t have personal experience - I.e are her neighbour and are watching things happen? So, you are getting frustrated and annoyed by stuff that is JUST in the media!! That’s how a witch-hunt starts, fuelled by stupid media articles that are filled with such nonsense as they want to sell papers/attract readers, it is SO easy to attack someone on social media.

In response to the post about fur - She obviously does not understand what is seen as wrong in wearing fur, a lot of people still wear it (hence the market being huge, Denmark for one has a £750m income from selling fur!), it happens and people are still buying it, people have been wearing fur for years. I’m a veggie and I don’t like seeing people wear fur as I really don’t think it is appropriate in this day and age, there is no longer a need to use it as clothing (unless you are an Eskimo or the like!).

Rascal, let this go as this isn’t good for you either, she’s someone that clearly “gets your goat” and perhaps find something good to direct your attentions too, for the sake of your own well being.

Sermon ends! x

PapaverFollis

Visit site
If she is truly being neglectful of her animals in real life then it will be discovered and dealt with by the appropriate people... in real life. I doubt, even if she isn't being a perfect animal owner, what she is doing even registers as a blip on "the awful way people treat animals" scale.

Stop getting your do-gooder kicks by bad mouthing people on the Internet and go and volunteer at a homeless shelter or something instead. Your online abuse of a minor celebrity does no real good at all, it does (ironically perhaps) real life harm.

Winters100

Visit site
She has a duty of care, and that includes not letting her dog attack other peoples animals, would you be so forgiving if it had been your small Animals in your own garden, or those of your children?

Obviously I would be very upset, but the point is that we do not know the full circumstances. My neighbor's dog got into my garden last year. He is a responsible owner and we inspected the fence together afterwards, to this day we have absolutely no idea how the dog managed this and it has not happened since. If I kept chickens then I am guessing they might have been harmed as in the case of the dog belonging to this lady, but however upset I would be it does not mean that my neighbor is an irresponsible owner. I consider myself a responsible owner, but I know for sure that I have done things which, if written up by someone wanting me to look otherwise, would sound terrible. Really I would forget about this one. There are so many animals in much more need of help, better to focus your efforts on them.

stormox

Visit site
This is all very unfair. Accidents happen. I had a dog run over - no ones fault apart from its own really, how was I to know itd tunnel out and cross the road?? I also have had horses escape and mug a tractor driver with a load of hay.
I expect there aren't many horse/dog owners who havent had a lucky escape at one time or another.
I dont know this woman Katie Price - know of her obviously, as Jordan - but give her a break and stop being horrible. She has a fairly problematic son, and maybe a few issues with her confidence. This is the time of year to be kind, not horrible unnesessarily.

Arzada

Visit site
rascal,

I’m not sure what you hope to gain by attacking KP, I’m pretty sure you don’t know her, don’t have personal experience - I.e are her neighbour and are watching things happen? So, you are getting frustrated and annoyed by stuff that is JUST in the media!! That’s how a witch-hunt starts, fuelled by stupid media articles that are filled with such nonsense as they want to sell papers/attract readers, it is SO easy to attack someone on social media.

Rascal, let this go as this isn’t good for you either, she’s someone that clearly “gets your goat” and perhaps find something good to direct your attentions too, for the sake of your own well being.

Exactly this. Please just stop the hate.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Isn't part of the reason we have public liability insurance for our horses because we know they could get out and cause/be in an accident?

No fencing is perfect, and unfortunately accidents do happen. If someone else was looking after the animal at the time, perhaps they have some responsibility? Arguably, the car drivers who have run her animals over also need to share responsibility?

I agree that she has a duty of care to her animals, but none of us are perfect and this does feel a lot like a witch hunt.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
In the few real life incidents that I have known that were reported in the media the media reports were either completely wrong (to the point of being basically fabricated) or grossly mis-represented. One of these was even reported by the BBC, so you'd expect a decent level of journalism. As s result I am extremely skeptical about these types of reports.

Given the level of scrutiny a celebrity like KP is under I would expect any neglect would be quickly reported and investigated.

rascal

Visit site
I do have friends in the area, who agree, she is an accident waiting to happen, again. As an animal owner it is your job to keep them safe. You also have a duty to keep other peoples animals safe by keeping your own dogs under control. How many times have you moaned about out of control dogs being a nuisance and running around your horses when you go for a ride, or getting into your field?

Last edited:

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I do have friends in the area, who agree, she is an accident waiting to happen, again. As an animal owner it is your job to keep them safe. You also have a duty to keep other peoples animals safe by keeping your own dogs under control. How many times have you moaned about out of control dogs being a nuisance and running around your horses when you go for a ride, or getting into your field?

Every weekend day there are cars badly parked up the lane where I live so that they can walk in the forest. Dogs, children and adults distracted by their phones spill out of the cars, doors wide open into the road, dogs and children loose. Yes I curse them and I creep my way up the road, and yes I wonder if they don't actually much like their dogs and children, but I don't start calling child services or the RSPCA, or set up a facebook page dedicated to making it known what terrible people they are.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
And coming to an anonymous forum to moan and bitch is going to do what exactly?
If you’re that effected by her then have you spoken to authorities? (Who have likely investigated her anyway seeing as she’s been blasted in the news), have you written to her/approached to express your concerns? I doubt it. You’re not doing anything productive other than giving yourself a bad rep here!
(Edited: Ps, I don’t like or dislike KP - I just don’t think any bullying/nastiness towards people online is nice).

Last edited:

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
She comes across as a particularly self absorbed individual so it does not surprise me that the welfare of her animals would take a back seat.

The self promotion is her job. She came across to me as a great mother to a profoundly disabled child, but maybe you missed that bit?

sam72431

Visit site
I used to work for her many years ago only on a Saturday and for about six months. I can honestly say she was lovely really down to earth she cared for all of her animals so absolute rubbish whoever said she didn't care!! She would always ask after me and my horses and often offered that I could take any of the horsey products that she had out at the time. The horses and dogs were in absolutely amazing condition as well as the chickens who free ranged over the whole property and were mucked out every day! The dogs again were looked after really well they had a massive paddock that they were out in each day that had shelter and they also got a walk twice a day. Basically every animal was in great condition and was happy and she most definitely did care about all of them. I am sure she is devastated by whatever has happened accidents to happen and you hear of freak accidents happening all of the time. So I think should stop the hate campaign

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I have no idea why Katie Price wears clothing with fur on, but I'm not an Inuit, and I for example have some leather clothing items with the sheep fur intact on the leather. For example some wrist warmers made by one of the veterinary nurses at my veterinary clinic. She owns sheep from start to end, and when they're slaughtered, she tries to make use of the whole animal, including making small clothing items from the hide, with or without the fur still attached.

The clothing, and other accessories, I own with real fur on them, is partly about that I don't want anything to go to waste from an animal that is killed for meat. And partly about that when it's cold outside, no modern materials keeps my hands as warm when I'm out on my Broom, as my leather gloves with fur on the inside.

A vegetarian friend of mine stops using her bicycle, and switches to less environmental friendly ways of transport, when her hands freezes in her Winter gloves made of modern materials. So I have to say that wearing fur items can still fulfill a practical purpose, even in these modern times. Without that you have to be an Inuit/Eskimo.

Visit site
I used to work for her many years ago only on a Saturday and for about six months. I can honestly say she was lovely really down to earth she cared for all of her animals so absolute rubbish whoever said she didn't care!! She would always ask after me and my horses and often offered that I could take any of the horsey products that she had out at the time. The horses and dogs were in absolutely amazing condition as well as the chickens who free ranged over the whole property and were mucked out every day! The dogs again were looked after really well they had a massive paddock that they were out in each day that had shelter and they also got a walk twice a day. Basically every animal was in great condition and was happy and she most definitely did care about all of them. I am sure she is devastated by whatever has happened accidents to happen and you hear of freak accidents happening all of the time. So I think should stop the hate campaign

Thank you for posting this, it is really nice to hear from someone who actually has personal experience of KP and can offer factual information about the situation.

OP, I posted a lengthy post before and deleted it as thought better, as you are really starting to pee me (and many others off) with your attitude but now you have actual hard facts from someone who knows her, rather than someone like you who attacks her based on gossip and sensationalised media articles, written to attract readers.

southerncomfort

Visit site

Its just jealous gossip though isn't it? All best taken with a fistful of salt.

Its already been mentioned upthread that she keeps her horses on full livery and they are well cared for, and that she wasn't at home when the most recent accident occurred.

Also, if anyone saw her on the SAS programme she mentioned that she'd been badly affected by the death of her horse. Really doesn't sound like someone who doesn't care about her animals.