My mare is dead

Orchardbeck

Visit site
I don't believe i'm reading this, I totally thought you were over the worst. I'm so so sorry to hear this. Having gone through the same thing on friday night I was ready to say the word to the vet, and he was ready to do it, but my farmer husband wouldn't let me.

When I came in and read your thread about your mare getting colic just after mine I felt worse because I knew you were going through the same emotions as me. I don't blame you whatsoever for making that call because I know I would have too if I had been on my own, it is so awful seeing them in such pain.

It has been a horrible weekend.

Mahoganybay

Visit site
So so sorry to hear of your loss, i hope you can take some comfort in knowing that on here you are with like minded people who unfortunatly will have experienced what you are going through at some point! Its the worst thing about owning animals.

Take care of yourself xx

guido16

Visit site
Thank you guys.

Digger has just arrived and as he went into the field across the road where she is, the two boys have started to whinny.
OH has gone over to take the rugs off her and help out.

Went out the the stable earlier and my wonderful best friend had cut a bit of her tail and left it for me plaited.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Oh Guido - i didn't expect to be reading this. I am so very, very sorry - for both the loss of your mare, and for the loss of your dog.

My heart goes out to you ((((((HUGS)))))). Shysmum xx

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Just heartbreaking. You did the right thing. I travelled my boy two hours in agony to be operated on. He didn't make it. Never again. RIP lovely girl.

Mossi

Visit site
How sad, what a traumatic time for you, it sounds like you did your utmost for her. So sorry you have lost her and your dog. I lost my little Yorkie dog around this time last year. Your grief will ease. Take care x

Chestnutmare

Visit site
OMG I am so sorry to be reading this this am after the magic poo she had last night.

Sending lots of virtual hugs ((((((hugs)))))) the pain eases with time tears turn to smiles as you remember the days of having lots of fun, and special moments together.

Its taken me 3yrs to get over the loss but everyday still miss my boy.

RIP :( x
Run free with all the other great stars in the sky

BlackVelvet

Visit site
So sorry to hear this :( same thing happened to me in september. He only was admitted to the vets as they were worried he was nor getting the fluids and a few hours later had died. It was a complete shock as he was so well. He never once kicked up a fuss just stood there enjoying chatting to the vets. Colic is so awful.

So sorry xx