New horse! With photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

teapot

Visit site
Jealousy is an ugly trait. If the ORIGINAL previous owner could contact me that would be fab x

Why would they given your comment of with the emojis and 'hahaha' comment/tone?!

Not really just wanted to say that he’s in a good home hahaha???

Not the best way to endear yourself to a new forum, or as someone one assumes is trying to get information, as why else would you have found this thread, if not searching for something...

Elliecodd

Visit site
i wasn’t calling the previous owner jealous… either way. I would NEVER undermind anyones ability. I simply shared what our future plans were as I’m sure any previous owner would like to know. I’m sure she did an amazing job with him. So please, before you jump to conclusions read between the lines! And see that he’s in a fantastic home ???‍♀️

teacups

Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and lovely to see such a positive update.

Perhaps any comments speculating on the original owner’s feelings of either sadness/finding it hard to hear about him/jealousy should be left to the original owner.

And let’s also give new posters on the forum the benefit of the doubt, I certainly thought it was simply someone linking those first photos to him now.

She also didn’t mention anything about the circumstances in which he was sold, so no ‘rubbing it in’ surely?

ETA reading again, is there some confusion about the original owner? Elliecodd, did you buy from the person who posted the photos on this thread or from someone else?

Last edited:

catembi

Visit site
I was very surprised to see this thread resurrected & have been trying to work out if the horse in the photos is my horse (Leroy) or not... Leroy had a star that looked like a heart. I sold him 6-9 months ago to a lovely lady who wanted a gentle horse as a companion for her old boy. I would be absolutely astonished if Leroy is eventing as he has type 2 PSSM, px/px, i.e. a double copy of the exercise intolerant variant. He had a stifle issue (lots of PSSMs do) and when mounted would only go backwards or buck, which is also common for PSSMs. Leroy's passported name is Lambcote Leroy.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Looking at the off hind they seem to have the same white marking? I’d definitely message them woman to check.

That's exactly what I was about to post. They definitely look lile the same horse to me. Hope you manage to get to the bottom of it Catembi, but he does look well and happy now from the photos Elliecodd has posted.

ETA I would also assume that Elliecodd found this post by googling her horse's name, as she is only a recently joined member of the forum. It would be a bit weird to stumble across this old thread otherwise.

Last edited:

catembi

Visit site
can you private message me? I also have his passport and he is named lambcote Leroy.

No, I really am not willing to do that. I find the way that you have just barged onto my old thread very disconcerting and it has brought up a lot of upsetting feelings. You've got the horse, you're doing well with him, his history is as per this thread which I made when I got him and I don't really think that I can add anything else of relevance. Good luck with him.

Dexter

Visit site
Just be aware that its very common for them to be fine then at 6 or 7ish crash and burn. But the test isn't 100% accurate either and there are horses who test positive that never have a symptom. I'd be watching him like a hawk though and making sure I was very, very, very familiar with the signs of PSSM type 2, particuarly the PX variant

Dexter

Visit site
No, I really am not willing to do that. I find the way that you have just barged onto my old thread very disconcerting and it has brought up a lot of upsetting feelings. You've got the horse, you're doing well with him, his history is as per this thread which I made when I got him and I don't really think that I can add anything else of relevance. Good luck with him.

I dont think its weird. She googled his name as most people do with a new horse and this thread came up which is very innocuous, and she posted on it. I cant see she meant any malice

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
That’s exactly it.. I was bored and work and simply googled his name! This came up so I thought I would ad an update to show how well he’s doing. Not to be nasty or to ‘rub anything in’

I made that comment when you carried on after I tried to gently suggest further posting on this thread might cause upset. Unfortunately, the updates about his PSSM testing and his sale were on threads where you wouldn't easily have found them.

The 5/6 year old thread would be a great place to share his progress if you want to stay on the forum.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/producing-5-6yr-olds.804646/

Elliecodd

Visit site
thank you. Will have a word with my vets too. But like i said, you wouldn’t even know! He absolutely loves his work and is worked 5-6 times a week x

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I know of someone with a PSSM horse who was an expert trainer/horse keeper. His symptoms appeared when she moved to a home with lusher pasture, mainly unpredictable and explosive behaviour. Same owner, very careful and confident rider, same expertise in horse keeping. It was diagnosed and she sent him back to her previous area, a more arid climate. He thrived there, symptom free.

I do think it is possible for a horse to be PSSM and adversely affected in one set-up but not so much in another.

I am glad this horse is doing well and can see that Ellie Codd wouldn't have known about the PSSM from this thread and it wouldn't be easy to find on a general search.

I hope you keep us updated on a separate thread, and wish you both good luck for the future. He does look really well.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Yes, I now have 6 horses… Finn the superstar ISH has come down hard with PSSM so I have bought a project. Unbacked 4 yo, he’s just been left in a field and looking in need of love. Slightly ugly duckling atm but I am hoping he will blossom. First stop feet and teeth…
Don't think he is an ugly duckling at all, in fact he has a sweet face and a kind eye. I hope you have fun with him.

hertsrider

New User
Visit site
Absolutely no health issues. Loves his work x
so pleased that at least one of these horses has gone on to enjoy a fun life. I am the lady that sold Finn the ISH supposedly PSSM type 2 positive horse...... he was young and just broken and riding away, all he needed was a competant owner to produce him.

Attachments

• finn standing.jpg
    finn standing.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 198
  • finn trot.jpg
    finn trot.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 197
Status
Not open for further replies.