Ok folks....the wait is over (hopefully..!!)

Leo Walker

Visit site
When the court returns your money SLH I would make sure that this was seen everywhere. Clearly the seller is VERY upset that they thought it was going on Facebook so that would be my first stop. A nice factual account of what happened, with the judgement details and a link to this thread, because i wouldnt delete this thread now for anything

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

What I do is not relevant. What is relevant is that you advertised a horse with no health issues, and you have available only a horse with identified neurological deficits which require further investigation.

Because of this, you cannot now supply the goods which you advertised and the contract which you entered into is null and void.

You must return the deposit, and if this goes to a small claims court you will be returning the buyer's court costs as well.

You cannot win this case, and you will at that point have a County Court Judgment on your credit history.

Just pay up.

Morganfan

Visit site
OM Gosh, I am reading this in Australia and unfortunately having a lovely giggle (sorry SLH) it must be hell for you. How the seller thinks they can 1. not refund immediately and 2. make demands is hysterically funny, they are so so so in the wrong. Keep pushing SLH and hopefully a lot of sellers will think twice before (possibly unknowingly) advertising a horse so wrongly. Good Luck, keep posting, we are with you.

Snitch

Visit site
Why do you feel the need to be so nasty ?
Quite! The level of subjectivity from Winter113 tells me that she is the seller. When somebody is unable to be objective to this degree, it’s usually because they’re right in the thick of it.
I’d be paying the deposit back. But then I would never have put myself in the Seller/ Winter113’s position in the first place.

conniegirl

Visit site
Good grief, if the deposit had been paid back on Thursday as it should have been then this thread would have died already and we would all be looking for other horses for SLH to view.

As it is this thread will keep going untill the deposit is returned and because there are so many replies will show quite high in search engines. The seller really has shot herself in the foot here.

Admin take a dim view of blackmail, the courts take a dim view of blackmail, infact criminal charges can be brought if they feel like it, so the seller should save herself the hassle, pay back the money that is not hers, save herself from a CCJ, extra costs and potential criminal proceedings

Winter113

Visit site
I've never left a deposit on a horse! I left one on a horsebox once, the mechanic who came to look at it told me not to touch it with a bargepole, and the seller refused to return my deposit so a good friend who was a solicitor wrote to him, and he returned it after all :)

@Winter113 as others have said, you don't get to dictate the terms of refunding the deposit. The seller is under a legal obligation to return the deposit, whether the OP is on benefits or had a 2 stage vetting or has green skin with spots on. Your behaviour is appalling.
Mine is appalling 😂 you are all so naive believing a load of bull

Winter113

Visit site
Quite! The level of subjectivity from Winter113 tells me that she is the seller. When somebody is unable to be objective to this degree, it’s usually because they’re right in the thick of it.
I’d be paying the deposit back. But then I would never have put myself in the Seller/ Winter113’s position in the first place.
I'm not the seller. Just a witness , your all believing her crap

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Just to show the other side of the coin.
The horse I had vetted on the same day had a pretty big failure early on in the vetting.
I believe it was a genuine surprise to the seller, they were apologetic.
They also messaged me later in the day saying they had had their own vet out to check the horse following the vetting findings and their vet confirmed the issue. They apologised again (no need, I felt more sorry for them).
There are good sellers out there too. It’s unfortunate you’ve found a bad one.

I'm sorry for you Little Critter that your potential isn't coming home with you. I'm sure the right horse is out there and you'll find each other soon. Good Luck with your search.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
It Saturday, most of us have all day to keep bumping this!

I'm sitting in waiting for the postman....nothing better to do right now. I work but not on the weekends unless it's something urgent.

Arrgghhh...postman just been and gone without leaving a lovely show Pelham sized parcel.

JFTDWS

Visit site
No, as some off us actually work so I'm busy unlike you lot who have nothing better to do

Um, I don't think the forum swear filter only kicks in if you have to work for a living.

Must be so hard for you, having to work. Personally I live off my huge personal fortune left to me by my Aunt Agatha. I'm afraid to say I was rather pipped when she toddled off her mortal whatsit, as she did rather put the wind up one, what with all that rot about marrying me off to every Honoria Glossop or Madeleine Basset she met!

Oh wait...

I'm not Bertie Wooster. I'm a normal human being who also has a job. I'm just not doing it right now, what with it being a Saturday morning and all :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I'm sitting in waiting for the postman....nothing better to do right now. I work but not on the weekends unless it's something urgent.
Yep I'm on call but all quiet so far so I'm waiting on a load of washing and watching the birds on the feeder outside. Dum de dum *twiddles thumbs*

It's always fun when a new poster joins and proceeds to insult everyone else while trying to point out how reasonable they are being :rolleyes:

FlyingCircus

Visit site
It really doesn't matter what people on here believe. If OP is not telling the full story (though not accusing her of such), then there's still the small claims court who will make their judgement based on all evidence provided to them from both sides.