Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc......

Baydale

Visit site
On account of my (me) having a HUGE ego, I buy Oyster Bay in bulk from the cash and carry. Thanks for the heads up though, nice to see some of the true CR spirit coming to the fore.

TarrSteps

Visit site
Red wine gives me a headache. Perhaps if I wore a hat while drinking it . . .? ;)

(Why do I keep putting the winking smiley? I HOPE no one thinks I'm serious!

;))

XxXjodieXxX

Visit site
I work in Sainsburys and was sampling this wine the other day and only sold 6bottles throughout the whole day! It musnt be very popular in my town as it as on here :p

Also Pinot Grigio is 3 for £12 just now!!!

SnowGoose

Visit site
That's it. I can't take any more. I have put the pony on starvation and filled him with propell plus, bought the anky pad to keep in with the dressage lot and avoided bling to keep the eventers happy but despite my best efforts I cannot drink all this wine! I fear I may never be a true HHO-er

TarrSteps

Visit site
That's it. I can't take any more. I have put the pony on starvation and filled him with propell plus, bought the anky pad to keep in with the dressage lot and avoided bling to keep the eventers happy but despite my best efforts I cannot drink all this wine! I fear I may never be a true HHO-er

You are just not trying hard enough. Seriously, some people . . .:rolleyes:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
Is it wrong I just cannot get excited about white wine. If this thread was about champagne I would get a lot more interested!!

icestationzebra

Visit site

Erm - I've seen you give it your best shot and a good training session it was too - even if it did end in a heap on the floor, but I think that was KatB's fault ;) With a bit more practice......

I need to lend you my book - there is no natural talent for drinking wine (shame :( as it is one thing I am truely good at) but you can become an expert with practice. Something like 10 years is needed - which probably means I am a wine genius :rolleyes:

SnowGoose

Visit site
You are just not trying hard enough. Seriously, some people . . .:rolleyes:

Erm - I've seen you give it your best shot and a good training session it was too - even if it did end in a heap on the floor, but I think that was KatB's fault ;) With a bit more practice......

I need to lend you my book - there is no natural talent for drinking wine (shame :( as it is one thing I am truely good at) but you can become an expert with practice. Something like 10 years is needed - which probably means I am a wine genius :rolleyes:

You see that is why i come on HHO, its good to get support and encouragement in my endeavors, kick up the backside accepted and thanks for pointing out i have already made good progress in the wine consumption area. clearly all i need is a good instructor or two and i will be clearing the shelves of cut price quality white in no time ;) who knows, maybe with a really good instructor i could progress onto red..... :p

TableDancer

Visit site
You see that is why i come on HHO, its good to get support and encouragement in my endeavors, kick up the backside accepted and thanks for pointing out i have already made good progress in the wine consumption area. clearly all i need is a good instructor or two and i will be clearing the shelves of cut price quality white in no time ;) who knows, maybe with a really good instructor i could progress onto red..... :p

Well in fairness, you've picked a couple of good instructors there :D But I take issue with your targets, that's the trouble with people like you, always trying to progress too fast. You need to spend at least a season at white wine, and be getting scores of 7 or 8 units a day consistently, and it should feel really easy, before you even THiNK of progressing to red :mad: I dunno, you'll be aspiring to Margaritas next - if you are serious about your drinking career perhaps you should consider investing in a schoolmaster to drink alongside? :cool:

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Well in fairness, you've picked a couple of good instructors there :D But I take issue with your targets, that's the trouble with people like you, always trying to progress too fast. You need to spend at least a season at white wine, and be getting scores of 7 or 8 units a day consistently, and it should feel really easy, before you even THiNK of progressing to red :mad: I dunno, you'll be aspiring to Margaritas next - if you are serious about your drinking career perhaps you should consider investing in a schoolmaster to drink alongside? :cool:

It's always the same isn't it TD, they hit the minimum qualification requirements and think they're ready to progress up through the grades.... :rolleyes:

I'm very pleased to see you've taken the HHO CC so well though, FGP. Many would have had a rant then flounced off in a huff by now :D

SnowGoose

Visit site

you may well be right TD, always a little overambitious but luckily when i take a tumble my friends are pretty good at picking me up, giving me a firm talking to and setting me back on the straight and narrow ;) well mostly, I have a vauge recollection on the evening ISZ refers to, taking KatB out as I tumbled resulting in us both needing picking up.... :eek: Any recommendations for schoolmasters??? :p

SnowGoose

Visit site
It's always the same isn't it TD, they hit the minimum qualification requirements and think they're ready to progress up through the grades.... :rolleyes:

I'm very pleased to see you've taken the HHO CC so well though, FGP. Many would have had a rant then flounced off in a huff by now :D

What, you mean just because i'm qualified doesnt mean i can do it :confused: :p that sounds like a challenge to me ;) :p

i am waaay to competitive to huff, much more satisfying to prove the doubters wrong :D (even if i need to keep my head down for a bit while i'm trying :eek:) bring on the sauv blanc and watch this space..CC taken on board, schoolmaster hunting started - i shall be back not only drinking red but able to make comment on the hint of cinamon and aroma of freshly picked blackberries in said red

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I can highly recommend Bardolino from Tescos as a red to get you started, nothing overly bold or technical... :D

Be wary picking your Schoolmaster, some of them are just too advanced for the average joe and try to start you off on a whopping great G(&T as an afterthought!)

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
Owned a mare called 'Tres Valles Cocktel' and her filly was 'El Litral Merlot'... ;)
El Litral is a small Chilean vineyard :)

ETS why are you all mucking around with wine? Surely after a hot SJ or XC round you just 'crack open a nice cold beer'... :cool:

SnowGoose

Visit site
I can highly recommend Bardolino from Tescos as a red to get you started, nothing overly bold or technical... :D

Be wary picking your Schoolmaster, some of them are just too advanced for the average joe and try to start you off on a whopping great G(&T as an afterthought!)

ta for the heads up, - will add Bardolino to my goal planner (i no longer use event planner thanks to some useful advice I read on here (think from LEC?) about reaching goals then finding an event to suit :D)

excellent point on the schoolmaster too, dont want to aim at a pre-nov to find the schoolmaster has locked onto the advanced :eek: think that was where i went wrong last time, I went out with people far too advanced for me and next morning discovered the contents of my handbag strewn across the doorstep where i emptied it searching for my keys... :eek:

TarrSteps

Visit site
Phone won't let me quote, but re Coke, in North America that's what we put Canadian Club in. It's good to learn from different schools of thought. ;)