pi@@ed off about ebay & their promise to refund every b@tch out

Queenbee

Visit site
Just all seems very odd and not the usual way for ebay to deal with things based on personal experiences. Then again, as I mentioned before I can't imagine why the logical assumption would be that buyer had damaged it rather than damage in transit.

I completely agree

hairycob

Visit site
Ok, just loooked at the pics & can't see how the saddle is ruined at all. Just looks like a normal used saddle. Before pic does not show the seat which is the bit that fades.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
The one thing I would say in favour of the OP is at a guess I would say it does appear to be an older saddle than the one she sent, but then again the discolouration could look a whole lot worse due to the pic being taken with a flash. Did they ever send you a pic showing the discolouration and the serial number?

OP do you have a pic of the saddle from above like the one they buyer sent? Would be a lot easier to compare that way.

Queenbee

Visit site
1. Different lighting, different angles... Not comparison photos
2. Saddle being sent back has not been damaged, it's just faded, this couldn't be caused deliberately. It's general wear and tear.
3. HAVE YOU SEEN a picture showing serial number AND damage in the same photo???
4. It is possible that this may well not be the same saddle and seller is hoping you will just give up, but she has not caused that discoloration, it's general use that causes that!!!!!

bakewell

Visit site
This saddle would be item 151410876113 currently listed on ebay yes? Relisted with a buy it now of £475?
I assume since you are using your original photos there is no actual damage and that you are not personally trying to mislead any new buyers....
Hoist by your own petard much?!

Moomin1

Visit site
Maybe I've missed something here. If you know the serial number OP, and the 'discoloured' (or more like just faded with use) saddle is sent back and is that very saddle, then how on earth could she have scammed you and made money herself intentionally? Even if she damaged it (I really would love to know how someone would cause a typical 'faded' saddle look though within a few days), then it's just tough cookies isn't it? The hazards of selling through ebay. Unless you can prove she did it, then I really don't see what you can do.

I must admit, given your financial position (baby having to be bathed in kitchen sink etc etc), I am slightly flabbergasted that someone would decide to buy a £700 saddle without having the fit checked properly in the first place, nevermind then selling it on for £400 on Ebay of all places...

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
OP it might be a blessing that you accidentally allowed returns as you are likely to get saddle back however if a scammer was to claim the saddle was discoloured & you weren't offering refunds she may be inclined to discolour it in order to send it back. Get the saddle back & take it up with eBay & put it down to experience.

I once sold a pair of expensive lightweight stirrup irons on eBay, they were In perfect condition when they left me but buyer said they were damaged. As I had stated no returns she took it up with eBay who have her a full refund & she got to keep the item!!

No skin off my nose as I still got paid, but surely this just encourages people for be dishonest?! I don't think id ever but or sell anything of value on eBay- too many pitfalls.

Moomin1

Visit site
This saddle would be item 151410876113 currently listed on ebay yes? Relisted with a buy it now of £475?
I assume since you are using your original photos there is no actual damage and that you are not personally trying to mislead any new buyers....

Oh dear.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site

Oh, wow.

biccie1

Visit site
The first photo looks "over" polished (as you might do to cover / blend in some discolouration) and at a different angle / lighting etc. And the second (apart from the angle / lighting) could just be that polish has been removed so you can see the true state of the saddle. Not saying the OP did this as, I believe, she has not used the saddle so it could have been from when she bought it. It looks like wear and tear and I can't imagine how the buyer could have done that in a few days, other than by simply uncovering what was already there But either way the new buyer did not receive what she believed she was paying for so should get her money back.

I bought a saddle on preloved a few months back, luckily I insisted on it being a PayPal purchase so I got the buyer protection. As when the saddle arrived it was a completely different model from that advertised, so would not have ever fit (I knew exactly what I needed so was buying accordingly). The seller's initial response was "tough, you'll have to sell it on. That's the risk when you buy saddles online, that they don't fit". I knew it would fit if it was the correct model as I knew exactly what I needed. PayPal, of course, sided with me and I got a full refund but she wasn't happy as she had also spent the money and thought I should have to sell it on to try to reclaim my money.

Last edited:

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Different sellers - same saddle. I am so confused. It is not being relisted by the original seller (the OP). Is the buyer now trying to sell the saddle at a profit after having got a refund on it?

bakewell

Visit site
Different sellers - same saddle. I am so confused. It is not being relisted by the original seller (the OP). Is the buyer now trying to sell the saddle at a profit after having got a refund on it?

Aye, from 3 miles east of the original seller/ OP. You'd go and pick it up rather than pay £40 postage right.
Says to me a mate/ family selling it to avoid the link.

coralwings20

Visit site
I relisted it hoping it would come back in the state I listed it in firstly but nope, it's not so removing it & have a saddlers report stating no discolouration. 😭

Moomin1

Visit site
So buyer will send wrong saddle back having received the refund and sell the original one at a profit? I'm so confused...

They wouldn't be able to do this though, if the OP has the serial number of the original saddle. Doesn't make sense the whole thing. I don't see how the buyer could possibly have scammed the OP.

bakewell

Visit site
I relisted it hoping it would come back in the state I listed it in firstly but nope, it's not so removing it & have a saddlers report stating no discolouration. ��

You relisted it?
Do you have multiple accounts, for selling items not in your possession? Isn't that a bit...... scammy.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Would love for OP to confirm whether the person now selling the saddle is the original buyer. Also find it odd whoever is selling the saddle would welcome viewings if it doesn't look like it does in the original pics. So confused.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I relisted it hoping it would come back in the state I listed it in firstly but nope, it's not so removing it & have a saddlers report stating no discolouration. ��

If what you say is try, OP, then the only way that could happen is if the buyer sends you the wrong saddle back as that is not the kind of damage that can be deliberately caused in a short space of time. So for about the fifth time of asking, do you have a picture of the discolouration and serial number?

bakewell

Visit site
Erm, we both have an ebay account? What's the problem with that?

Oh I dunno.... fraudulently listing items, asking people to pay for it in advance of you possibly receiving it back, in a different condition. I mean really I could go on but you're quite adept at digging the hole without any input.