pi@@ed off about ebay & their promise to refund every b@tch out

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
Yup it took 13 days for my case to be closed when the girth I won at a bargain price didn't arrive, even though the seller was unable to provide proof of postage.

Moomin1

Visit site
What exactly have I done wrong bar be nasty in first few posts & apologised for that but I didn't send the saddle looking like that. The thorowgood saddle has a slight curve at the back & my horse has a roach back and the other saddle just touched it. Being 5ft10, not sure how I'd squeeze myself into a 17" hence saddler suggested the t4/t8. I didn't get the saddler out to value it but to check the air & even though it fitted him it must have touched part of his roach back as when I got in the saddle, it was clear he wasn't happy but it fit him a few months ago but he has built so much topline up, he needs his saddles checked every few months. Will post some upto date photos of him as he is looking good :) xz

You may not have sent the saddle looking like that. My guess is the fading was covered up very well.

coralwings20

Visit site
I have a receipt that I paid £700 not long ago - why on earth would I spend so much money on a faded old saddle? If it was that bad, why did the saddler value it at £600? It is kept indoors as no where secure to really put & was cleaned once a week for dressage competitions plus I love my tack looking immaculate :) once I get the saddle get, I can compare photos (which are on ohs camera & my laptop doesn't have a card reader). Hence taking a few on my phone. I loved that saddle as the thorowgood high withered saddles hurt me between my legs (you know where I mean) & this saddle was amazing to ride in. Put me in the perfect position & my bum didn't move even when he spooked.

I stupidly relisted it on my account hoping it would be returned in its original condition as my ohs account has sold up to its limit. I have removed it & will take it my saddler for her opinion before taking legal action/fighting through eBay.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I have a receipt that I paid £700 not long ago - why on earth would I spend so much money on a faded old saddle? If it was that bad, why did the saddler value it at £600? It is kept indoors as no where secure to really put & was cleaned once a week for dressage competitions plus I love my tack looking immaculate :) once I get the saddle get, I can compare photos (which are on ohs camera & my laptop doesn't have a card reader). Hence taking a few on my phone. I loved that saddle as the thorowgood high withered saddles hurt me between my legs (you know where I mean) & this saddle was amazing to ride in. Put me in the perfect position & my bum didn't move even when he spooked.

I stupidly relisted it on my account hoping it would be returned in its original condition as my ohs account has sold up to its limit. I have removed it & will take it my saddler for her opinion before taking legal action/fighting through eBay.

Ok back to the question that has yet to be answered. Did the buyer send a pic of the damage showing the serial number?

bakewell

Visit site
I have a receipt that I paid £700 not long ago - why on earth would I spend so much money on a faded old saddle?
Pattern of making rash decisions involving valuable purchases m'lud. Perhaps the person who sold it to you also covered up the fading. It's worth what someone wants to pay for it, so you created the £700 market value, effective as a one time only deal to you
If it was that bad, why did the saddler value it at £600?
A valuation for insurance purposes, which is the usual reason given for needing a valuation a receipt for that, is not the same as ebay second hand market value, it is the cost to replace like for like without having to search out the best deal.

Piffle excised. Suggest no more comments describing your day to day life or identifiers.

I have removed it & will take it my saddler for her opinion before taking legal action/fighting through eBay.
I don't even know why bothering to offer advice but for god's sake don't do that. You will lose more money. You cannot win. You can't even argue your way out of the paper bag of an internet forum; you've managed to contradict your own evidence and we had only your word to go on. And in the unlikely event this ever made it to court your statements on this forum are going to land you in some serious trouble.
You are also going to start putting your saddler in an awkward position, so don't be surprised if she stops taking your calls if you continue.

Last edited:

Elbie

Visit site

I just don't understand how you were hoping it was going to e returned in the original condition? The buyer says it is marked/faded, which you state wasn't the condition it was in when it left you and theysent pictures to prove it. So surely you are going to get a marked/faded saddle back or one that isn't actually your saddle.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Pattern of making rash decisions involving valuable purchases m'lud. Perhaps the person who sold it to you also covered up the fading. It's worth what someone wants to pay for it, so you created the £700 market value, effective as a one time only deal to you

A valuation for insurance purposes, which is the usual reason given for needing a valuation a receipt for that, is not the same as ebay second hand market value, it is the cost to replace like for like without having to search out the best deal.

Piffle excised. Suggest no more comments describing your day to day life or identifiers.

I don't even know why bothering to offer advice but for god's sake don't do that. You will lose more money. You cannot win. You can't even argue your way out of the paper bag of an internet forum; you've managed to contradict your own evidence and we had only your word to go on. And in the unlikely event this ever made it to court your statements on this forum are going to land you in some serious trouble.
You are also going to start putting your saddler in an awkward position, so don't be surprised if she stops taking your calls if you continue.

This is one of the times when a like button is needed!

[59668]

Visit site
Does any of this matter? Get some perspective. Everyone. Some poor guys have been beheaded this week. People are dying and starving. People are sick and in pain. None of this matters.

Fides

Visit site
Does any of this matter? Get some perspective. Everyone. Some poor guys have been beheaded this week. People are dying and starving. People are sick and in pain. None of this matters.

It is light relief from all of the horrors of the world. If you feel there are worse problems why do you feel the need to even comment? Totally pointless post adding nothing of any value to the thread

Capriole

Visit site
Get a grip love, I think you're on the wrong forum.

Take a look at the threads on here and tell me 99% of it matters. It's a horse forum, it's not earth shattering world altering stuff on the whole...:rolleyes:

thatsmygirl

Visit site
There must be plenty of bored people around to want to dig into op's life. Other forum posts/YouTube account etc. sorry but I just think that's sad and bordering on stalking.

gembear

Visit site
There must be plenty of bored people around to want to dig into op's life. Other forum posts/YouTube account etc. sorry but I just think that's sad and bordering on stalking.

not relating this to the OP or giving an opinion on this thread (have been reading from a distance and not sure what to make of it tbh) but I remember ages ago I bought what I thought was a 2nd hand designer bag off ebay for a fair amount of money. I've bought a designer bag online before and it worked out well (as in got the real thing).

However, when I got this bag it became obvious quickly that it was a fake. I emailed the seller and they apologized and said it was a gift and they believed it was real. Offered me a refund to return it, but they wanted it posted back first and I said no and maybe we were better going through ebay just to keep us both right (the seller just seemed a bit dodgy).

Next thing the seller started stalking me on facebook, my blog, twitter etc and leaving or sending me nasty horrible comments and posting my full name and address everywhere. Needless to say it freaked the hell out of me and I reported to ebay, who blocked the seller (who also created new accounts constantly to message me through) and refunded me.

Awful experience and i've been cautious of ebay since.

coralwings20

Visit site
Jeez talk about stalking me over a saddle post �� some of you need to get lives but I do feel honoured to have my very own stalkers - �� has made my day there are so many saddos about ��

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site

I tend to agree with this. Regardless of who is wrong and who is right, it always gives me the creeps when people start with the unhealthy digging around.

Capriole

Visit site
-
99%!! 99%!!!! At least 99.9% surely?

73.6% of all statistics are made up :p

I was thinking along the lines of 100/99.9% at first then remembered all the serious stuff in Latest/Current News and I lopped a full percent off for good measure :wink3:

Last edited:

bakewell

Visit site
I think the gripping drama presented by the OP is best enjoyed as a work of pure fiction. Any similarities to saddles, real or otherwise is purely co-incidental and an error in listing made by the cat.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Reasonable assumption, first time new poster links to a random advert.

(eta, don't know if it is the same saddle or not being readvertised, but it's a reasonable assumption Wagtail made)
This thread has gone well into the weird zone, so it's quite possible that an Albion saddle has metamorphosed into a Black Country saddle....