Please please sign

HashRouge

Visit site
OP do you have a hat cam? Because I think I would be tempted to get one if not, and then next time she comes ranting and raving out of her house, you can politely point to it and say "I just want to let you know that you are on camera". It might make her think twice about being so abusive with you, and means that you don't have to worry about getting your phone out to record her.

Velcrobum

Visit site
OP do you have a hat cam? Because I think I would be tempted to get one if not, and then next time she comes ranting and raving out of her house, you can politely point to it and say "I just want to let you know that you are on camera". It might make her think twice about being so abusive with you, and means that you don't have to worry about getting your phone out to record her.

OP has and has sent footage to local police #205, #206.

Fred66

Visit site
I would imagine removing the gates is legal as she has no right to block the access however taking them would be illegal
Could I suggest removing them and delivering them to the local police station?
Also get inform everyone you can think: MP, local police, police commissioner, parish council, borough council, press, etc
Everytime you hack out that way phone the local police informing them of what you are doing and your concern that she will attack you. Don’t let them fob you off

exracehorse

Visit site
. Yes. Have footage from my go pro x

exracehorse

Visit site
if anyone sends me their email address .. I can send the footage. She maintains she has a letter from the council. Which is a big fat lie. My friend rode past on Wednesday. Michelle came out. And repeated. Laura said .. go and get the bloody letter then as we’ve spoken to Mr Last and it was never issued. Michelle then went silent. She said horses were ruining the old lane. BUT.. her teenage kids ride dirt bikes up and down it !!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think you would, if it's been proven she has no rights to put up the gates, be within your rights to remove them as long as you can do so without damaging them and leave them on or very close to her property. If they are chained then you should replace the chain if you cut it. I would get a group together and go and do this and repeat doing it until such time as she gives up. If she was screaming at me I'd be riding there as many days in the week that I could manage it and filming her every time and trying, now she has been so completely out of order, to get her issued with an antisocial behaviour order. The police can do this. Then she can be prosecuted if she breaches it.

exracehorse

Visit site
Can’t say too much but it’s all gone crazy. Friend went down two weeks ago with another rider. M came flying out and shoved horse over and shut gate. On right hand side. Rider got off. On left. Opened gate. Walked horse through. And told her to p off. M then slammed gate on rider leg. She has photos of her bruises. But …. Rider has been summoned to police station today. With a solicitor as M claiming grevious bodily assault.on herself!! It will be recorded. Police visiting other rider today for statement. Told her to ask police for medical proof. She said her hand is damaged. Although she was seen next day shopping with a basket. And as there are video cameras up .. where is the footage. Friend super stressed about it all as you can imagine.

Last edited:

Nasicus

Visit site
Can’t say too much but it’s all gone crazy. Friend went down two weeks ago with another rider. M came flying out and shoved horse over and shut gate. On right hand side. Rider got off. On left. Opened gate. Walked horse through. And told her to p off. Rider has been summoned to police station today. With a solicitor as M claiming grevious bodily assault. It will be recorded. Police visiting other rider today for statement. Told her to ask police for medical proof. She said her hand is damaged. Although she was seen next day shipping with a basket. And as there are video cameras up .. where is the footage. Friend super stressed about it all as you can imagine.
Bloody hell, anyone who rides past there seriously needs to wear a helmet camera, or get their phone out and film as they pass by.

exracehorse

Visit site
Three years after gates were erected. After numerous police calls. Because of her behaviour. After accusations towards horse owners of physical GBH (I kid you not). The owner has moved. Cameras down. Not sure where. Local Council passed it over to Bristol Council after Michelle made an appeal for the old road to not be put on the definitive map. It’s empty. But cars parked. Rode past today for first time in ages. I’ve missed using that ancient route. Watch this space. 218124AE-2FC3-4FA9-A913-04AAF3FC1B3F.jpeg

Last edited:

exracehorse

Visit site
Great result. Have the gates gone as well?
Gates are still there. But open. Furniture gone. Can’t see any listings for it being up for sale or to rent. But who will move in next ?.. will Bristol council pull the appeal as she no longer lives there? It was so lovely to ride the route again. But I feel uneasy as not sure if it’s the calm before the storm.

exracehorse

Visit site
This gives you an idea. The ancient lane went past her house. Circled. To other houses. Which are no longer standing. Then in the 1980’s an estate was built at the bottom of the lane. I used to ride past Crab Tree Cottage for 20 years. Along the lane. Through the estate. And looped back up Prospect Hill. So a nice circle. She decided she owned the whole lane and put gates up. And locked them. A442A8B7-3C6B-4BC7-BFAA-DC3F16F7F765.jpeg

exracehorse

Visit site
It's brilliant that she's gone but I would keep up the pressure on the council to get it recorded as a public bridleway or restricted byway in case the next occupant tries it on too
Just spoken to David Last at Babergh DC. He’s sending message to Bristol C advising cameras are down. Property vacant. He says it will probably take a year from her appeal which was March 2022, for a decision. And unless she removes her petition, despite the property being empty, it will have to run its course.

exracehorse

Visit site
Was just thinking about this the other day, don't suppose the house comes with land does it? Am looking to move and the only problem you'd all have is me trying to tag along on your rides and make friends with everyone ???
Lol. Only half an acre. But there is a yard literally two minute walk from property ?

Velcrobum

Visit site
Can’t say too much but it’s all gone crazy. Friend went down two weeks ago with another rider. M came flying out and shoved horse over and shut gate. On right hand side. Rider got off. On left. Opened gate. Walked horse through. And told her to p off. M then slammed gate on rider leg. She has photos of her bruises. But …. Rider has been summoned to police station today. With a solicitor as M claiming grevious bodily assault.on herself!! It will be recorded. Police visiting other rider today for statement. Told her to ask police for medical proof. She said her hand is damaged. Although she was seen next day shopping with a basket. And as there are video cameras up .. where is the footage. Friend super stressed about it all as you can imagine.

What was the outcome of this nasty episode? Hope the police saw sense and did something about the aggressor!