Racing this weekend

Gamebird

Visit site
I’m only an occasional visitor to this thread. Have the owners of Datsalrghtgino (sp) decided to get out of racing altogether after his death?
Apologies if my comment led to confusion - it's Caldwell Construction, not the Datsalrightgino owners, that are giving up. They own the best part of 30 horses, primarily with Gordon Elliott, and have decided to get out of racing following the recent deaths of two of their horses.

"Further to the sad loss of one of our young horses D B Cooper again as a family we are absolutely heartbroken," the social media post read. "Also we lost Smooth Player only just two weeks ago. Having a young family it’s hard to cope with such losses and therefore we feel it is time for a break from the sport. We would also like to thank Gordon and his team for their hard work and support the last few years and wish them all the best."

TheMule

Visit site
I'm not anti-racing, but I do think it's sad to see the loss of horses due to unfair tests for human entertainment and I am finding it increasingly difficult to watch NH racing.
I think it's great to see owners taking a stand like this. Though I wonder if it might make a better point to invest in a bit of re-education and sell them on non-racing contracts……

bonny

Visit site
I'm not anti-racing, but I do think it's sad to see the loss of horses due to unfair tests for human entertainment and I am finding it increasingly difficult to watch NH racing.
I think it's great to see owners taking a stand like this. Though I wonder if it might make a better point to invest in a bit of re-education and sell them on non-racing contracts……
They are worth millions as racehorses and a few thousand as riding horses.

bonny

Visit site
Well yes, obviously. But if you can afford to keep that many in training and they never would have realized that value anyway, I don’t really see that as a massive prohibitive factor
It’s not your money and I can’t imagine anyone just giving the horses away when they are worth so much

Clodagh

Visit site
I’m not sure how anyone can feel close to and love their horses and have them trained by Eliot.

Today’s racing, I’m so out the loop at the moment, why isn’t Nico back? I thought his collarbone was better? And where’s Harry Skelton?
My betting is appalling today, I’ve lost 75p (my total bets!) so far. 😀

Maddie Moo

Visit site
I’m not sure how anyone can feel close to and love their horses and have them trained by Eliot.

Today’s racing, I’m so out the loop at the moment, why isn’t Nico back? I thought his collarbone was better? And where’s Harry Skelton?

I could never have a horse with Elliot…

This was on RP about Nico, apparent,y he started riding again on the 21st but then the doctor stood him down after three days. So he’s being taking it easy as the injury is still causing issues.

He's taken an easy week as it was giving him a bit of grief," said Stronge. "He needed a few more days to let it settle down. We'll see how it is and hopefully try to be back for Newbury.

"We're taking it day by day and he's just giving it a bit more time because we rushed it initially to try to be back for Jonbon in the Clarence House at Ascot, which didn't happen because of the weather.

Andie02

Visit site

My betting is appalling today, I’ve lost 75p (my total bets!) so far. 😀
Harry Skelton apparently on a suspension.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Wasn't watching as at hair dressers but sickening about Hermes. Looking at the comments for the race on RP he was 13 lengths down, the betting really doesn't help as it encourages jockeys to keep going when they'd perhaps rather pull up? Not seen the race so can't properly comment but was it different to the comments on RP?

bonny

Visit site
Wasn't watching as at hair dressers but sickening about Hermes. Looking at the comments for the race on RP he was 13 lengths down, the betting really doesn't help as it encourages jockeys to keep going when they'd perhaps rather pull up? Not seen the race so can't properly comment but was it different to the comments on RP?
I’m sure the last thing on Harry’s mind was to pull up …..what are you on about ?