Racing this weekend

Andie02

Visit site
I have had it for years. It’s a waste really as I totally disinterested in the flat and don’t have time from September to end Jan but I cram it in when I can.

I seem to remember that you said that you didn't want to splash out on it, but that was a long time ago. I'm not very interested in the flat either, and I definitely don't want to be restricted to ITV racing and Sky Sports. I enjoy following the Irish racing, when I can.

Clodagh

Visit site
I seem to remember that you said that you didn't want to splash out on it, but that was a long time ago. I'm not very interested in the flat either, and I definitely don't want to be restricted to ITV racing and Sky Sports. I enjoy following the Irish racing, when I can.
Ah! I will have to let it lapse again as they wouldn’t do the £10 deal this time. I will wait until January though.

Visit site
Has she got a chase handicap mark yet...? A few lengths might have been the better option if not! :D Having said which I suspect her future won't hold too many runs in handicap company :cool:

No that was only her second chase run. Her hurdle mark after the Sefton was 143 so I expect her chase mark will be there or there abouts if she gets one this week but the handicapper might hold off until her next run given how well she won. The other 2 came home tires horses. She came back in dancing and skipping and could easily have gone round again!

Visit site
My boys prettier 🤣🤣🤣

Watching it back - not through my fingers whilst cursing Derek for sending her at the last when he only needed to pop it - it just looked like your lad didn't stay. He got to 2m4f then petered out. But thats daft as he has won and won well over 3m before. Hopefully they find that there is a small problem with him which is easily fixed rather than him just not training on as well this year. Though to be fair it's a big ask to step up from hurdles to fences, they take more jumping but he is a big lad with a lovely long stride and jumps the fences easily.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Absolutely heartbreaking about Gesskille.
and Iceo last week and no doubt something will die tomorrow, but lets hope not. I've always enjoyed national hunt racing, but the loss of horses seems be increasing. NH horses are no longer the robust big TB's of past years.

Watching Gesskille's lass sobbing on TV this afternoon and the jockey was heart breaking.

Clodagh

Visit site
Watching it back - not through my fingers whilst cursing Derek for sending her at the last when he only needed to pop it - it just looked like your lad didn't stay. He got to 2m4f then petered out. But thats daft as he has won and won well over 3m before. Hopefully they find that there is a small problem with him which is easily fixed rather than him just not training on as well this year. Though to be fair it's a big ask to step up from hurdles to fences, they take more jumping but he is a big lad with a lovely long stride and jumps the fences easily.
He was disappointing, that’s for sure. They said he jumped too high and left every jump, he looked good until he didn’t.

bonny

Visit site
and Iceo last week and no doubt something will die tomorrow, but lets hope not. I've always enjoyed national hunt racing, but the loss of horses seems be increasing. NH horses are no longer the robust big TB's of past years.

Watching Gesskille's lass sobbing on TV this afternoon and the jockey was heart breaking.
All the people who say no one cares about racehorses should have to watch that interview.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site

I completely agree with what you've written, what seems particularly concerning is the increase of catastrophic injuries on the run between fences, not as a result of a fall.