Rain Ranting Thread

shanti

Visit site
I wish you could all send some of your rain over here to South Australia. We haven't had any decent rain for about 8 months, all the paddocks are bare, there is a massive hay shortage and even the crappiest hay is getting impossible to find. I'm down to my last 30 bales, after that I am going to have to resort to feeding straw! I basically live in the wettest part of the country, it's never this dry so everyone is getting a bit worried.

Mabey you could all give your rain a stern talking to and tell it to bugger off to where its actually needed 🤣

lizziebell

Visit site
BBC weather said that the UK as a whole hasn’t had 5 dry consecutive days since January - it’s rained everyday somewhere in the uk. I don’t know how this compares to the “normal” (if there’s such a thing as normal with the weather anymore), but I’m guessing it’s not, otherwise what’s the point in mentioning it.

HopOnTrot

Visit site
Field behind us cut haylege over a week ago so that’s a positive, my field is being harrowed at the weekend, sadly though even a gentle potter round the block is resulting in us returning looking like we’ve done a day’s hunting, hoof boots are going through the washing machine on a weekly basis!

setterlover

Visit site
Just waiting for a few days forecast dry to cut our haylege.The grass has really pushed on through May We like to make haylege that is quite dry almost wrapped hay.Fingers crossed the settled weather forecast for the weekend early next week actually happens

setterlover

Visit site
It was cold and cloudy when I let the dogs out at 7 am but it sunny now and the wind has dropped thought still only about 15 degrees,!

spotty_pony2

Visit site
It’s cold here. I almost put the heating on last night. It’s not raining but it’s just so grey it’s depressing 😔 I don’t think I want to continue living in this country if this is the weather frok
now on!!

Esmae

Visit site
It's cold here as well. I have the heating on. Back in about 1976 I do remember it snowing on the first of June and then we had a very long hot summer. Don't need another one of those but some warmth would be nice.

spotty_pony2

Visit site
sunny here this morning but I am at work typically! Heavy rain due from 12 all afternoon though - when will it end?! I’ve brought the horses in in preparation!

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Forecast to start heavy rain here at lunchtime. Tacked up & ready at 1100. Tipped down, so waited, then it stopped, so we got on with it. As soon as I was on it started again. Just a shower, it's not meant to start til later.
Rain gets heavier & bigger & then we're both drenched.
Dave had lunch & then out in an absolute downpour. Since then, we've had thunder, hail, heavy rain & hot sunshine in some bizarre cycle. Yes hail.