Roll up! Roll up!! Get the answer you're looking for RIGHT here. NO problem too big..

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Ah PF there you are. We are desperately needing a dose of your commonsense and sanity *I can't believe I just wrote that:eek:* on the front page.

And I've lost my "banging head on wall" smiley.

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Dear PF, thanks to your monumentally successful loading advice I finally tracked down my gelding to a motorway services near Sidcup. He was swathed in bubble wrap thanks to Parcel Force which was noisy to unwrap but may have the added advantage of desensitising him to this year's fireworks.
However as he has shown a propensity for wishing only to travel alone my question is this: Can I get him genetically modified with canine genes? That way he could chase me about carrying his headcollar (patented L handed) rather than it always being the other way round.
And I could freely creep up on him and do the high pitched squeaky voice that dogs totally get and love but which makes horses stand rigidly showing the whites of their eyes. Is GM the way to go?

Sidcup? Is that a Burberry-friendly place? ;) Glad you've got him back safely. I'm not sure gene splicing is the way forward; what if he starts cocking his leg on everything or tries to jump into your lap??

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Ah PF there you are. We are desperately needing a dose of your commonsense and sanity *I can't believe I just wrote that:eek:* on the front page.

And I've lost my "banging head on wall" smiley.

Sadly commonsense and sanity don't go down well on HHO. I've given myself a rule; stop commenting/reading as soon as I think 'WTF??'

Groom42

Visit site
I think it is utterly disgraceful that Papa Frita doesn't feature on the Top 5 threads list this week, especially after all her hard work and superb advice. :( :(

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Dear P-F

A week has passed and alas, my horsey hasnt come home. However ! all is not lost. My friend has offered me her shetaland ! Is that a big one ? I hope so because I have been eating all the flapjacks whilst waiting for horsey number one to come home and have shot up to 22 stone.
My friend assures me her horsey will carry my weight which is fab bacause I want to enter Babmington next year and possibly do a few days hunting on him.
just a couple of questions . Do you have to take your own fox or do they supply them for you?
Can I wear one of those lovely smart red hunting jackets?
Can I take my own horn?
And finally, do I need to take my own dog or will I be able to borrow one of theirs ?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear your new horse hasn't arrived. Still, shetlands are very versatile and athletic so I'm sure Babminton is just a step away. Don't worry about being a bit plumper; you have the same right as anyone else to ride on the horse or pony that you choose.
Ok, as you may know, there is a lot of hunting etiquette to be aware of. Firstly, unless you've been hunting before, you should wear a pink, sequinned jacket and pink velour breeches or joddies. You can't take your own horn, but you CAN take a vuvuzela. This will make you very popular among the other hunt members. You might have to take your own fox if these are scarce or a bit tired from running all day, but you can borrow one of the hunt 'hounds' (not dogs) Good luck and have a nice time :)

JenJ

Visit site
Ohhh, I see the criteria being used is not the number of posts :) :)

It's not the number of posts or views, as both of my 'Diary of...' threads have been on there, and they get maybe a couple of posts/views a week.

I guess it's just a 'selection' made by the H&H team. Perhaps neutrally-toned :rolleyes:

eahotson

Visit site
Dear PapaFrita
I have fallen off my horse 10 times in the last 3 months.I am sure he didn't mean anything nasty when he tried to throw me under a bus.I am on first name terms with all the A&E staff and on their Christmas card lists.Some FRIENDS (so called) have sugested we are not matched and that he is dangerous for me to ride.I don't agree.I think they are jealous and anyway I love him soooooo much.Thing is though, that for some strange reason I am feeling nervous at the thought of getting on him again.Can you help?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
It's not the number of posts or views, as both of my 'Diary of...' threads have been on there, and they get maybe a couple of posts/views a week.

I guess it's just a 'selection' made by the H&H team. Perhaps neutrally-toned :rolleyes:

Well, I just don't understand it...I've posted literally hundreds of photos of the Little Cigar, easily the prettiest foal ever born. and I've not had a single thread in the top 5... Utterly mystified :p

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Dear PapaFrita
I have fallen off my horse 10 times in the last 3 months.I am sure he didn't mean anything nasty when he tried to throw me under a bus.I am on first name terms with all the A&E staff and on their Christmas card lists.Some FRIENDS (so called) have sugested we are not matched and that he is dangerous for me to ride.I don't agree.I think they are jealous and anyway I love him soooooo much.Thing is though, that for some strange reason I am feeling nervous at the thought of getting on him again.Can you help?

Aww, bless him. No horse is EVER born evil and all horses can be rehabilitated. Don't listen to that Monty Roberts who says this isn't necessarily true. Now, I have to ask; are you truly in touch with your inner ponio?? Do love him enough to continue to risk your health and sanity? Are you willing to leave your children without a parent, or with a vegetable??? If you are, then we might yet bring him back into the fold. You must, of course, buy the entire Huggle Horsemanship DVD and book set, plus all the gear (too numerous to mention) and you mustn't listen to all those people who will try to sabotage the beautiful new relationship that is about to blossom between you and your ponio. Don't be nervous; it'll be worth it!! And if you still feel uncertain about him after he's broken more bones and destroyed your family... you can always sell him on; a Huggled horse is always worth more than an unHuggled one! Good luck!!!

Fuzznugget

gloucestershirehorseriders.webs.com
Hi again PF, got a new problem that needs sorting. My Welshie lives out and it's raining! :eek: She doesn't have a rug on, but I do have a turnout with 180g filling for her, should I put it on? Isn't it true ponies melt in the rain?! And what about getting her dry? Can I just use a hair dryer?
Thanks so much for all your help!
-Numpty#3529

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
Dear PF
I started riding a couple of years ago, and 6 months in I bought my mare from the local dealer. Trouble is my mare's turned out to be a bit of a b*tch. She's lame and has been for a long time now. She's known on the yard as The Old Goat. She's only about 11 and because I can't ride her, I quite fancy breeding a cute foal from her, it would be SO much fun and SO rewarding! Lots of people on the forum I write on tell me this is a good idea and is the thing to do with mares who are no good for anything else. Where do I find a Stallion, and what sort of stallion shall I mate her with?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Hi again PF, got a new problem that needs sorting. My Welshie lives out and it's raining! :eek: She doesn't have a rug on, but I do have a turnout with 180g filling for her, should I put it on? Isn't it true ponies melt in the rain?! And what about getting her dry? Can I just use a hair dryer?
Thanks so much for all your help!
-Numpty#3529
I'm sorry I was out and couldn't respond immediately; this is a genuine emergency!! If you haven't already done this you must bring your pony in immediately and dry her off. A hairdryer will do the trick. Ponies will not dissolve like sugar, but they do shrivel up and disappear like the Wicked Witch of the West when they get wet! Don't even get me started on the winged monkeys!!!!!

Fuzznugget

gloucestershirehorseriders.webs.com
. Ponies will not dissolve like sugar, but they do shrivel up and disappear like the Wicked Witch of the West when they get wet! Don't even get me started on the winged monkeys!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:
Oh noes! Can't have the winged monkeys carting her away!! Will they plait her beforehand though, you know, to let me know they're coming? It'd be nice to know...:rolleyes: (though I gotta say, when i go to feed the blasted thing and she bucks at me I kinda wish they would..........:D )

MissMincePie&Brandy

Visit site
I'm sorry I was out and couldn't respond immediately; this is a genuine emergency!! If you haven't already done this you must bring your pony in immediately and dry her off. A hairdryer will do the trick. Ponies will not dissolve like sugar, but they do shrivel up and disappear like the Wicked Witch of the West when they get wet! Don't even get me started on the winged monkeys!!!!!

I thought they multiplied when they got wet, like Gremlins? no?