Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissChaos

Visit site
Good call about ombudsman.
Has anyone noticed the spelling mistake!
They sell Equine Oneise's? That's what it says on the their Shwmae Horsewear page!
Wonder what a Oneise is?
A malfunctioning Onesie one assumes!?
Speaks volumes, they can't even spell the name of their own product correctly!

Interesting to see the site's only got a holding page available atm.

katastrophykat

Visit site
Probably not... Judging by their latest posts asking for opinions on operating on a horse with a club foot- perhaps they're very worried about the horse and unable to work ;)

One of my friends on FB has just tagged them in a post asking when her friend's will be delivered... Yet more unsatisfied customers... And from the message, disappointed kids at Xmas :(

cross

Visit site
Page 10 of Horse and Hound today, by Flora Watkins, I quote

"HORSE ONESIES FIRM IN TROUBLE WITH CUSTOMERS

A number of H&H readers say they have complained to Trading Standards about a company featured in the magazine earlier this years.

Shwmae Products' Horse onesies appeared in the "And Finally" spot in 13 June issue. Two riders behind the online company, which is based in Carmarthen, South wales, said they were experiencing huge interest in theireqnine onesies, which start at £150

But dozens of people have since contacted H & H or vented their frustration on social media - complaining of poor service. Some say they have been waiting for their good for several months. Others claim that itimes set back for alterations have not been returned, and they have been left out of pocket.
Many readers have said that their attempts to contact eh company have been fruitless. Some customers who did receive a response have complained of rudeness.

Nerida Winters emailed H & H from Australia on 14 November after ordering in May.
"I am hundreds of dollars out of pocket as they will no longer respond to my emails, and Facebook messages, nor will they return my money" she said.

After H & H began making enquiries, the money appeared in her Paypl account "out of the blue," she added.

H & H contacted Jessica Clark, 21, one of the Shwmae''s two directors. We asked if the company was experiencing problems and whether customer service would be improved.

Ms Clarke said Shwmae was "trading as normal" and claimed that the people who had contacted H & H had since been refunded or had their items delivered. People who had complained about the company online were "internet rolls" she added.

Claire Williams of the British Equestrian Trade Association, (BETA) stressed that Shwmae was not a BETA member. She advised: "your credit card company must take responsibility if things go wrong with a purchase. Under the distance selling regulations, a company has 30 days to complete the order. If the goods don't arrive in time you are entitled to a full refund and unless you agree to a new deadline".

miss_c

Visit site
Page 10 of Horse and Hound today, by Flora Watkins, I quote

"HORSE ONESIES FIRM IN TROUBLE WITH CUSTOMERS

A number of H&H readers say they have complained to Trading Standards about a company featured in the magazine earlier this years.

Shwmae Products' Horse onesies appeared in the "And Finally" spot in 13 June issue. Two riders behind the online company, which is based in Carmarthen, South wales, said they were experiencing huge interest in theireqnine onesies, which start at £150

But dozens of people have since contacted H & H or vented their frustration on social media - complaining of poor service. Some say they have been waiting for their good for several months. Others claim that itimes set back for alterations have not been returned, and they have been left out of pocket.
Many readers have said that their attempts to contact eh company have been fruitless. Some customers who did receive a response have complained of rudeness.

Nerida Winters emailed H & H from Australia on 14 November after ordering in May.
"I am hundreds of dollars out of pocket as they will no longer respond to my emails, and Facebook messages, nor will they return my money" she said.

After H & H began making enquiries, the money appeared in her Paypl account "out of the blue," she added.

H & H contacted Jessica Clark, 21, one of the Shwmae''s two directors. We asked if the company was experiencing problems and whether customer service would be improved.

Ms Clarke said Shwmae was "trading as normal" and claimed that the people who had contacted H & H had since been refunded or had their items delivered. People who had complained about the company online were "internet rolls" she added.

Claire Williams of the British Equestrian Trade Association, (BETA) stressed that Shwmae was not a BETA member. She advised: "your credit card company must take responsibility if things go wrong with a purchase. Under the distance selling regulations, a company has 30 days to complete the order. If the goods don't arrive in time you are entitled to a full refund and unless you agree to a new deadline".

Very interesting....

PolarSkye

Visit site
. . . aaaaand this rumbles on . . . it's all so very sad and needless really.

YO finally received her onesie on Monday, tried it on pony - body and legs fit fine, head is far too big and will end up pulling down over the pony's eyes (fair enough, she has a dinky/dainty little face), but she was very disappointed with the quality of the fabric, feels it is rather flimsy and that the stitching isn't very robust.

For upwards of £220 pounds, I must admit I had expected better quality . . . but then, as SMF continually points out I am not actually a customer - no, I am not, nor will I ever be.

P

miss_c

Visit site
YO finally received her onesie on Monday, tried it on pony - body and legs fit fine, head is far too big and will end up pulling down over the pony's eyes (fair enough, she has a dinky/dainty little face), but she was very disappointed with the quality of the fabric, feels it is rather flimsy and that the stitching isn't very robust.

Such a shame after all the waiting and money! Is she going to send it back for alteration?!

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Can I just say loud and clearly, I HAVE NOT BEEN REFUNDED. They now say to alter the Onsie I purchased would damage it. So in my mind they either replace it or refund me.

My emails and letters are also being ignored again. Oh what a surprise.

cross

Visit site
I did see on FB that they had been advertising on FB and using the products and not sending them out , but the company had been scamed on FB

Hum, so 390 threads on this forum and the News Editor of H & H who high lighted the "Horse onesies firm in trouble with customers" Shwmae Products, have all got it wrong - nah but worth a try....

lula

Visit site
Just been to look at the Shwmae fb page and seems i have been blocked for commenting politely under a picture showing someone lunging in a onesie to be careful as it could lead to overheating. Bizarrely they have left a shwmae elf's reply to me on the post but deleted my own comments so the thread makes no sense at all now.

strange why genuine and valid polite posts should be deleted and blocked tho. You'd have thought they would have their customers ponies welfare at heart themselves and would not want to encourage their younger age group customers from copying or thinking riding in a onesie is the cutest idea ever.

does anyone know exactly how old the directors of this company are? They seem about 14.

cross

Visit site
Just been to look at the Shwmae fb page and seems i have been blocked for commenting politely under a picture showing someone lunging in a onesie to be careful as it could lead to overheating. Bizarrely they have left a shwmae elf's reply to me on the post but deleted my own comments so the thread makes no sense at all now.

strange why genuine and valid polite posts should be deleted and blocked tho. You'd have thought they would have their customers ponies welfare at heart themselves and would not want to encourage their younger age group customers from copying or thinking riding in a onesie is the cutest idea ever.

does anyone know exactly how old the directors of this company are? They seem about 14.

They are adults and old enough to know better, 21 and 18

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I can't see the comment BBH.

tbh I feel sorry for them, they have a product which it seems many people want. They've managed to get sufficient publicity that they should have a good business - those prices are not cheap, there should be a LOT of profit in it - and people seem very loyal. But they don't seem to get their act together and understand that it's more important to keep your current customers happy than to try to get more sales but risk a whole load of unhappy customers. If they would just swallow humble pie and get someone knowledgeable in to sort the business out they'd be on to a winner. But at the moment they are just avoiding the issue and it's all very likely to go extremely wrong for them.

The article mentioned, it's been on the cards for weeks now but it could have been so easily averted. Such a shame.

PolarSkye

Visit site
I can't see the comment BBH.

tbh I feel sorry for them, they have a product which it seems many people want. They've managed to get sufficient publicity that they should have a good business - those prices are not cheap, there should be a LOT of profit in it - and people seem very loyal. But they don't seem to get their act together and understand that it's more important to keep your current customers happy than to try to get more sales but risk a whole load of unhappy customers. If they would just swallow humble pie and get someone knowledgeable in to sort the business out they'd be on to a winner. But at the moment they are just avoiding the issue and it's all very likely to go extremely wrong for them.

The article mentioned, it's been on the cards for weeks now but it could have been so easily averted. Such a shame.

This. It's all such a very great shame.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.