Shwmae horse products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Under Distance Selling Regulations, unless agreed by the customer, the business has 30 days to deliver your goods. Failure to do so means the customer can have a full refund + postage costs.

I notice that Shwmae's website doesn't have the address of the business on the website, this is reguired under DSR, along with the VAT number. .

Yes there are an awful lot of things that Shwmae do not comply with. Its a pity I wasn't so knowledgeable prior to placing the order and starting this hellish nightmare that has now dragged on for 5months and will most probably end up in the Small Claims Court unless Shwmae do a u-turn.

Hopefully Trading Standards will address these issues. Every time you contact Citizens Advice about the company you are having a problem with they update the file and send it to Trading Standards.

honetpot

Visit site
I would the advertising Standards authority ASA, they also oversee web content and you can do it online, they can make them amend the website so people actually know where these people are.

cross

Visit site
Oh my, I have just looked at the thread that Lhotsie posted yesterday, Corner Mad House you might be interested in this this was a thread that was posted in March 2012

"It has come to the attention of Shwmae that customers have been less than satisfied with our 2011 customer service. We sincerely apologise for this and in an attempt

to correct any wrong doings we will be happy to adjust, alter or replace any less than satisfactory items. Any returning items must be washed before arrival and come with a note

explaining of whome it is owned by. Please also enclose any return details needed and make it very clear what it is wrong with the item. We are very sad to say not all colours could be fully replaced, if this is the case please choose from the below colours a secondary colour of replacement.

Blue tartan, Red&purple tartan, Zebra, Tiger, Leopard

As of 2012 Shwmae will be using pre-made emails to reply to customers in hopes no confusion is caused over the tone of the replies. Any future items bought from Shwmae will come with a 30day return for free adjustment policy. Items which need adjustments after this 30day period will only be charged £5.00 for return postage costs.

We at Shwmae Products LTD look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely

Shwmae Products LTD

INTERESTING THE REPLY TO THAT THREAD WAS FROM ONE "Showingmadfilly" (AKA One of the Shwmae Products Ltd Directors)

"Takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. They have always been top with me sending items that fit well, speaking with respect but most of all if i've ever said to improve something they have listened. Who ever or what ever happened to merit this sort of apology should respect if not forgive them. I don't see how they can do much more than apologise and put their hands up. Offering anyone who is offended to have items replaced or fixed for free is the first time in my years i've seen a company do this. Keep up the good work i'm sure people will see in time it was just a bad period of time."

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Cross.
I smiled when I saw that, did Showingmadfilly really think no one would realise she was endorsing herself ?

Not the brightest bulb in the box, eh ?

MadBlackLab

Visit site
Yes, in compliance with DSR, a geographical address identifying where the business trades from, must be supplied.

Thank you for that. Just wanted to confirm

Cross.
I smiled when I saw that, did Showingmadfilly really think no one would realise she was endorsing herself ?

Not the brightest bulb in the box, eh ?

No she not

lisa_dundee

Visit site
Oh my, I have just looked at the thread that Lhotsie posted yesterday, Corner Mad House you might be interested in this this was a thread that was posted in March 2012

"It has come to the attention of Shwmae that customers have been less than satisfied with our 2011 customer service. We sincerely apologise for this and in an attempt

to correct any wrong doings we will be happy to adjust, alter or replace any less than satisfactory items. Any returning items must be washed before arrival and come with a note

explaining of whome it is owned by. Please also enclose any return details needed and make it very clear what it is wrong with the item. We are very sad to say not all colours could be fully replaced, if this is the case please choose from the below colours a secondary colour of replacement.

Blue tartan, Red&purple tartan, Zebra, Tiger, Leopard

As of 2012 Shwmae will be using pre-made emails to reply to customers in hopes no confusion is caused over the tone of the replies. Any future items bought from Shwmae will come with a 30day return for free adjustment policy. Items which need adjustments after this 30day period will only be charged £5.00 for return postage costs.

We at Shwmae Products LTD look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely

Shwmae Products LTD

INTERESTING THE REPLY TO THAT THREAD WAS FROM ONE "Showingmadfilly" (AKA One of the Shwmae Products Ltd Directors)

"Takes a big person to admit when they are wrong. They have always been top with me sending items that fit well, speaking with respect but most of all if i've ever said to improve something they have listened. Who ever or what ever happened to merit this sort of apology should respect if not forgive them. I don't see how they can do much more than apologise and put their hands up. Offering anyone who is offended to have items replaced or fixed for free is the first time in my years i've seen a company do this. Keep up the good work i'm sure people will see in time it was just a bad period of time."

Ohhh another cringe moment, really to be a good liar you have to have a good memory, how utterly embarrassing! And takes away any tiny last shred of credibility the company had!

Corner Mad House

Visit site

explaining of whome it is owned by. Please also enclose any return details needed and make it very clear what it is wrong with the item.
"

Yes I did see that thanks Cross. Got it printed as well. All helpful evidence isn't it.

cross

Visit site
Yes I did see that thanks Cross. Got it printed as well. All helpful evidence isn't it.

I do so hope that you get your money back from Shwame Products Ltd. I am sure that the Citizens Advice People will have advised you that you need to put your complaint in writing to the company. This can be awkward to do with this company as they do not put their address on their website or FB page, but their last years accounts along with their current registered address can be found at http://companycheck.co.uk/company/07815626

I also believe, if you have not already done it, that you have to write at least two letters to the company with your complaint before you can lodge a small claims against them.

cross

Visit site
I believe the address on company house maybe wrong. On their facebook page they are advertising livery at their yard in Herefordshire. Be a long trek from Carmarthen, Dyfed to Herefordshire to do the horses

Remember the old expression "smoke and mirrors." But from a point of Law, any correspondence should be directed to the registered company address. It is the job of the Officers of the company to ensure that their legal obligations in relation to their registered address is kept up to date. Should they fail to advise companies house of any change that is a breach of company law in its own right. The plaintiff/s can not be held responsible if their correspondence does not get to the intended Officers of the company, if as said above the Officers of said company have failed to comply with the correct legislative requirements...

Corner Mad House

Visit site
Remember the old expression "smoke and mirrors." But from a point of Law, any correspondence should be directed to the registered company address. It is the job of the Officers of the company to ensure that their legal obligations in relation to their registered address is kept up to date. Should they fail to advise companies house of any change that is a breach of company law in its own right. The plaintiff/s can not be held responsible if their correspondence does not get to the intended Officers of the company, if as said above the Officers of said company have failed to comply with the correct legislative requirements...

The Registered address is easily found if you Google. It is the Dyfed address, as of Sept this year.

cross

Visit site
Registered Address can be different from their office address... sometimes people use eg their accountants' address as the registered address. Maybe this is the case?

You are totally correct, many companies use their accountants, lawyers address as their registered address, however it makes no difference as to the companies actual physical location, however it is to the "registered address" that any dispute correspondence should be addressed to. This is even more important when an organisation displays no "trading" address on any of their marketing mediums. I hope this helps clarify the situation. Also I apologise, the link I put above for their last years trading accounts was incorrect, that was the year before, for the latest accounts filed with Companies house see the link that Corner At Mad House put above.

Alexdaw

Visit site
Well quick update... As promised by Jess this would be resolved today and I would get tracking...

Well to no surprise I'm left disappointed again. Cut off from the telephone lines, ignored on my emails.

What a wonderful service shwmae provide. Spoken to trading standards. If shwmae they think are going to leave me £500 out of pocket they need to re-think. I would never call a company , as all company's make errors but this is an absolute joke!

I hope someone important picks up on these comments and does something to prevent you treating customers they way you are .

May I advise no one to trust anything they say. You can see online my order "is easily fixed" .

And I'm still left disappointed !

Alex

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
There has to come a point where they fail to service so many people/choose to argue with the wrong person that things have to change (possibly via Trading Standards) surely.

(Oh yeah but I forget you are all a colluding clique who know eachother).

Any response to Alex showingmadfilly?

OldHacker

Visit site
Good call about ombudsman.
Has anyone noticed the spelling mistake!
They sell Equine Oneise's? That's what it says on the their Shwmae Horsewear page!
Wonder what a Oneise is?
A malfunctioning Onesie one assumes!?
Speaks volumes, they can't even spell the name of their own product correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.