So, I’m picking up a spaniel this week.

gunnergundog

Visit site
Ha! o_O
All I will say is that four years can make a vast change in the needs/requirements and perceptions of both humans and dogs, plus the attendant human relations! (Check our PM history if wondering what I am on about!) Good luck...hope it works out for you this time.

PS Has there been a divorce that I wasn't aware of in the preceding four years? Just asking! :eek:
PPS Will it be a 'pointy' dog next? :)

Last edited:

druid

Visit site
She can still have Alizin (mismate)

Also, Pepper is known for throwing soft neurotic quirky dogs (I have several with the lines including a son of his). Pepper is by an Irish dog (Broc) bred literally down the road from me and campaigned by a good friend so I have much of his breeding in my kennels.

GSD Woman

Visit site
I don't remember the exact circumstances but a friend had to have the mismate injection with one of her shorthair bitches. She left her at the vet's office while she (friend) went to work. It sounded like it was a whelping with half baked puppies. <-unable to survive out of the womb.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
IMHO you're being very kind but nuts by taking on another spanner, Clodagh, let alone one that has been let down so badly by her previous owners as this one, but I wish you all the best with her.

It seems that some HHOers know where she's come from IRL, and it's not good.

Fingers crossed that it all works out, even if you end up getting her set up to move to another good home later on.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Things you never plan for. I ought to get an ok to spay her as technically she’s on loan, but no reply from her owner and vet wants to do it now.
It will of course be done whether owner says yes or no. They are just scanning her to check if she’s empty.

Do they suspect pyometra?

Clodagh

Visit site
She’s very unsettled. Understandably, and also she only woke up 45 minutes before I picked her up. She is now feeling rotten, in a house (never been in one before) and surrounded by strange dogs and people. Poor little mite.

Attachments

• 1EA724F8-5545-41ED-A98C-F9EDE7E8DEB3.jpeg
    1EA724F8-5545-41ED-A98C-F9EDE7E8DEB3.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 115