So, I’m picking up a spaniel this week.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Mine is miles too big! ?.
Although it’s more the getting the bodysuit off, and the cone on.
The bodysuit is drying on the Rayburn and can go back on soon. I can hardly wait for that bit of fun ?

Feeling your pain here! We had the yellow Lab spayed on Friday of last week because she can't cope with her hormones. We have 2 body suits and a blow-up collar, 1 body suit from the vet and a better shaped but poorer quality suit from Amazon, which ends up 'off the shoulder' by the end of the day. Swapping them round is great fun!

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for her and that the enforced interactions with you help her to settle in well.

Clodagh

Visit site
Hm. This has now got me thinking about how to "dress" my Lab when she gets spayed next month ?
Bodysuits are all the way the go to. I don’t normally change them, they keep them on for 10 days with me brushing under and around them with my hands. It’s hard with Pep as she doesn’t like being handled, particularly around her rear end so doing the poppers is difficult. Trying to bend her front legs to get them through the leg holes is an exercise in rigidity as well ?. We did it with lots of treats. And Scout was shut away as his assistance dog stuff can get wearing.

Clodagh

Visit site
Feeling your pain here! We had the yellow Lab spayed on Friday of last week because she can't cope with her hormones. We have 2 body suits and a blow-up collar, 1 body suit from the vet and a better shaped but poorer quality suit from Amazon, which ends up 'off the shoulder' by the end of the day. Swapping them round is great fun!

Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery for her and that the enforced interactions with you help her to settle in well.
At least you are on the home straight! I hope she is doing well.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
At least you are on the home straight! I hope she is doing well.

Thanks, she is. There was much discussion about whether it was the right thing, as you probably know, we don't routinely spay but she is now making a good recovery and would like more exercise than she is allowed.

@CC, the vet provided suit has 2 holes for front legs and poppers at the tail end and fits quite closely around the tail. Yellow Lab came out of the surgery and immediately wet and messed the suit, with no warning.
The other suit has 4 leg holes and fastenswith poppers along her back. It doesn't need to be undone when she goes out.
We wash them daily and check the wound daily x2. She wears the donut when left alone. She and her sister usually share a crate but are crated separately ATM.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
Ours from Amazon looks like the striped one in your last pic. The poppers caused problems at first. Did you find that it stretched with washing?
no, they all washed really well and she only wore each one for 1 day so they had a few washes. im really glad i used them instead of the collar as she seemed to be oblivious to them unlike when she had the collar on....they were not expensive either but i did have the extra small because she is miniature jack russell size

Clodagh

Visit site
She’s had another check up (last night) and vet all happy.
Walked with her this morning in the garden and she sits to the stop whistle, which is such a plus.
She didn’t have bedding before and is loving digging her cage up and burying her head in it.
Paid the vets bill last night, almost needed a little sit down, but what price on instant surgery, vet staying late for wake up and discharge. People tell me this vets is really expensive but I absolutely can’t fault them.

Clodagh

Visit site
Look at her! ❤❤❤❤❤
You’re the person. Where’s the off switch? ?. She has no idea how to relax when I’m with her. If I say sit she sits, atremble, waiting for the next command. The labs know ‘stand down, soldier’ means stop hunting now, I wonder if she could learn ‘just relax for a minute.’

PapaverFollis

Visit site
You’re the person. Where’s the off switch? ?. She has no idea how to relax when I’m with her. If I say sit she sits, atremble, waiting for the next command. The labs know ‘stand down, soldier’ means stop hunting now, I wonder if she could learn ‘just relax for a minute.’

"Please just f*ck off a minute, Hugo" works here. ? But that's the Sprollie. Oscar Sprocker was pre-fitted with an off switch... inside...he sleeps happily (even, when life has been busy, without sufficient exercise). Outside he's just constantly on Important Spaniel Business although because we frequented pubs and cafes when he was very small he does understand about being on a lead under a table.

Henry Spaniel's off switch only activates after 9pm. ?

Clodagh

Visit site
"Please just f*ck off a minute, Hugo" works here. ? But that's the Sprollie. Oscar Sprocker was pre-fitted with an off switch... inside...he sleeps happily (even, when life has been busy, without sufficient exercise). Outside he's just constantly on Important Spaniel Business although because we frequented pubs and cafes when he was very small he does understand about being on a lead under a table.

Henry Spaniel's off switch only activates after 9pm. ?[/QUOTE

Lol!