So, I’m picking up a spaniel this week.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
The vet has offered to rehome her. They love her! ?.
I said if it doesn’t work out they’d be first and she said ‘I really mean it you know’.
She weighs 11.4kgs. That’s small, right? There was a working springer at the vets and she was at least twice the size.

Strikes me as very small. I think mine are about 18kg at 9 months. Bear is 26kg, but he’s definitely more Labrador sized, very big for a springer, although the American show (bench) ones are apparently much bigger. I would have thought that’s more cocker sized.

SAujla

Visit site
The vet has offered to rehome her. They love her! ?.
I said if it doesn’t work out they’d be first and she said ‘I really mean it you know’.
She weighs 11.4kgs. That’s small, right? There was a working springer at the vets and she was at least twice the size.
Maybe she was malnourished and never got enough food to grow properly, sounds likely given the dire circumstances you found her in

Clodagh

Visit site
Not small for trialling lines, my B/W bitch is 13.8kg, the tiny L/W is only 12kg. Very few of the chunky/heavy ones come from trial breeding as they don't look as flash or get under cover as efficiently
Well that’s an answer, I wondered if being tiny she’d struggle with what we work in around here. Apparently not!

Clodagh

Visit site
I really want to know how Pen is taking to her!?
Fine. Pen doesn’t like big brutish dogs but is ok with anything polite. Tawny has failed to acknowledge her (but hasn’t Scout yet, either ?). Ffee is a bit jealous but just showing that by being silly.
But (and if you aren’t mad you won’t get this) having always said Pen would be a petty burocrat in RL we did decide the cage would be plastered in noise abatement notices this morning.
I did a fail though, I didn’t undo her bodysuit quickly enough so she pee’d a bit in it so I had to take it off and put the emergency cone on. Tricky! We got there and I now know she would never bite as tbh I don’t think she could have been any more scared.

Last edited:

Spotherisk

Visit site
Fine. Pen doesn’t like big brutish dogs but is ok with anything polite. Tawny has failed to acknowledge her (but hasn’t Scout yet, either ?). Ffee is a bit jealous but just showing that by being silly.
But (and if you aren’t mad you won’t get this) having always said Pen would be a petty burocrat in RL we did decide the cage would be plastered in noise abatement notices this morning.
I did a fail though, I didn’t undo her bodysuit quickly enough so she pee’d a bit in it so I had to take it off and put the emergency cone on. Tricky! We got there and I now know she would never bite as tbh I don’t think she could have been any more scared.

I used a blow up collar on Rew, he paid no attention to it at all and it doesn’t clatter into stuff - wore it in the cage no problem.