Spring Bank Hol weekend plans

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Nothing planned for charlie, and if I'm honest I'm a bit grumpy about it. I want to get out and practise on grass with studs and work on confidence building but my owner needs to do family stuff so I've no transport ?
I am however sheet collecting at somerford premier league in the afternoon
However, we'll make the most of the weather and get some hacking miles in at least.
Good luck to anyone out competing
Do you know where to find the drawn orders/start times for the premier league? I can only find timetable but want to know who has entered etc.

Roxylola

Visit site
Do you know where to find the drawn orders/start times for the premier league? I can only find timetable but want to know who has entered etc.
I don't, but I'll have a look if I can find out.
I know Carl is Charlotte is not, not sure on the rest - id assume Lisa Marriott will go - she's localish, got a nice mare in the Young Horse classes at the moment, she might even have 2 for age classes and a GP horse.
Edit for sleuthing
https://horsemonkey.com/running_order/72362

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I don't, but I'll have a look if I can find out.
I know Carl is Charlotte is not, not sure on the rest - id assume Lisa Marriott will go - she's localish, got a nice mare in the Young Horse classes at the moment, she might even have 2 for age classes and a GP horse.
Edit for sleuthing
https://horsemonkey.com/running_order/72362
Thank you!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I might go and watch the GP at SPF on Saturday unless I have viewers for Deza. I've put her up for sale. As soon as Joe arrived it crystallised it for me that I just need a rough and ready project as a second horse, not a valuable blood horse like her. I've tried, and it was really interesting to own a PRE and bring her on from only just sat on, but we're a bad match in too many ways. I wrote the ad as a test a week ago and every day it's been sitting there saying 'post me, you know you should', so I have.

Ludo was fabulous at his lesson on Wednesday and we are being promoted to collected trot :). Meanwhile I have homework of a complicated canter exercise I've been challenged to have right by next time in 2 weeks.

iknowmyvalue

Visit site
No real weekend plans here at all, I’m sole vet on call from 5pm tomorrow until 9am Tuesday (pray for me ?).

Sick note needs his bandage changing at some point but that’s very unexciting.

Might treat myself to a little bit of horsey window shopping. Ive not got much time for the next 2 weeks, but I’ve provisionally arranged myself a horse to view next weekend which is very exciting! And another I’m enquiring about tomorrow.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Going to Somerset to collect some furniture for my Dad and an engine for OH on Saturday, jumping!!!! on Sunday for the first time in 5 years - I may not survive ?. Monday and Tuesday are going to be spent trying to get hold of someone to order the new jump saddle I want as her current one isn’t an amazing fit for either of us anymore ?.

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Farrier is coming today, hopefully will get on for a hack before he comes. Tomorrow is going to be very wet but hopefully ride around the rain but I'll see. No motivation to ride int he rain, nothing to train for currently so I may as well stay dry. Sunday I am grooming for a friend, been missing comps a lot! Then will hopefully go and watch some eventing and also feel sad for missing out on that! Ah well, not much longer now.

Other news this week is Henry is now sound and we have a plan for him when he comes back into work. I have itchy fingers to get on him but no point in my current state. Bump is far too large. Will do some ground work with him, might have a go at long reining!

southerncomfort

Visit site
Long reining my youngster who is currently giddy on spring grass ? tonight.

Visiting Chatsworth House tomorrow with my parents who have come up to stay for a few days.

Sunday taking youngster out for a long inhand hack up and down the hills as we continue to try and grow a bit of muscle before saddle fitter comes middle of next month.

Chippers1

Visit site
SJ for me on Sunday, only doing one 70cm class as I have my covid vacc later today so I didn't want to enter two in case I have to withdraw :D
Bit nervous about the height (even though I was doing 75/80 schooling last weekend!) but determined to do it!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have had lessons in the week so they will get 2 days off over the weekend, back riding on Monday aiming to do a few shows in the near future but a lot of local ones are cancelled because of nearby EVH.

Am going Herts county on Sunday my friends daughter is competing so an early start for us.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Lady Stumpylegs had a lesson today, was a really good one, great to be back to full length sessions again now and really getting stuck into meaty things :D

We've been chipping away at test riding, heading towards our challenge to ride a mistake-free Inter 1 by the end of June. It's been such a useful thing to do, although we've competed at this level before there is so much to get right, and then even when you get it right, to improve the quality, so it doesn't feel like covering old ground.

In the last week or so I've been working on improving Kira's balance on right turns because they are the key to a few of the difficult movements. and a few other bits and bobs, funny little moments in the test that it's easy to let slide but that also impact on the next thing that comes up if you don't nail them. so we picked up where I had left off and just nudged it all along a bit. There's plenty to do but she's in a really good place at the moment so it's loads of fun :)

it's such an interesting stage, particularly as we have no shows but have this little internal goal. the exercise we did today was essentially very similar to something you'd do at advanced medium -half pass onto the centre line then ride a change. but at AM I was just chuffed we could do it and didn't give too much thought to the detail as we could do it well enough to do the test. now that same exercise forms part of a zigzag and the "how" you do it is as important as the "what" you do, because what was good enough at AM is nowhere near good enough at this level, and certainly wouldn't be good enough at GP. So much of this level is twiddling around with tiny incremental improvements but today we had big strides of learning again and that's the most exciting thing :D

191312068_4372248539453289_1797095476640920275_n.jpg

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I've managed to put a damper on my weekend by organising to go bra shopping. The only thing I hate more than bra shopping is jean shopping. But my dress fitting is next Wednesday and I really need to have my strapless bra sorted. But I have booked a cream tea (turns out tea and scones are my number one craving) to reward myself after.

I also haven't worn an underwired bra since covid hit soooo this could be a shock to the system.

So jealous of everyone's pony games.

Asha

Visit site
Supposed to be at Petplans Saturday and then a wee additional bonus fun outing on Sunday... but Skye has a touch of gassy colic so we might be grounded.

Blimmin grass. Thought I was doing so well with her management too!

didnt want to like that post, so hope hes better soon

View attachment 72570Another eventing outing with the Bobster at Houghton! Slightly fraught preparation for the test as had missed the no doubles for 3* rule change, but borrowed a lovely being bridle n nathe bit from a super lovely lady who had just finished her test! And he went really quite well for a seasons best score of 37.3! Chill day tomorrow with some course walking.

And after all the rain I've managed to get burnt already!

fab photo, good luck for the rest of the event, must be great to be back out at events like that. Really missing my eventing fix

Just about to go on a hack, as we havent ridden for a week as we've just been so busy. So hoping to get back up and running again and try and get some outings under our belt. Our 4yo Frank is having his comp debut tomorrow. Just an intro test and small set of jumps.. no expectations at all. Just hoping he is relaxed and enjoys it.

good luck to everyone out and about

GinaGeo

Visit site
I’ve got to put proper clothes on, dig out some make up and go to my partners brothers wedding tomorrow.

So no exciting plans. Might get up early and try and jump a couple tomorrow morning ?

The horses have all ballooned this week, so Operation Fat Camp has begun. Lots of cantering for them. And stuffing hundreds of haynets for me. They get FOMO and spend most the night moving round the track thinking somebody else has a better deal. Reduces the eating and increases the movement. Win win. Except for me. I HATE stuffing haynets.

Kizzy2004

Visit site
Had a fab lesson on the baby pony today who’s finally decided he doesn’t need to gallop through grids and he can canter round a course of jumps without doing his own lap of honour after every fence ??

Rest of the weekend will mainly be early morning hacks on the Forest to avoid the heat

Attachments

• FECEF081-6171-478A-AA38-E8DF5FC2EFAF.jpeg
    FECEF081-6171-478A-AA38-E8DF5FC2EFAF.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 6

Sheep

Visit site
Lesson for me this evening, was really fab. We are out dressaging on Sunday so it was great to run through the tests under the watchful eye of my instrument! Prelim 19 and novice 23, both long arena tests which is a novelty. And better for a 17hh spider legged twit!
The comp on Sunday is the final of a winter league, I am hoping we might be placed overall, if this week goes well.
OH is away so dad is on towing duties. Hope he isn’t too bored by the dressage ?

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Had a lesson at home on Thursday that went quite well. Horse is staying much more relaxed in his more challenging work or when we make a mistake.

Free lunged and handwalked in the forest Friday.

Hauled to a local riding club today for a saddle fit check (saddler was there) and a riding lesson. I am absolutely thrilled with this little horse. He travels so well and is so cool and calm at new places. The lesson went quite well. OH said he was moving even better by the end.

It was funny to me when someone called him a brave horse because he's actually a total chicken ? he can be a real drama queen, so it's nice that he puts the crown away when he's in public. I was told how nice he is under saddle and it just gave us a little confidence boost.

The field is finally open tomorrow, so he'll be enjoying that with the rest of the herd.

Competitions for amateurs are (finally!) slowly starting. Hopefully we can get into one (fill faster than ever) soon.

Screenshot_20210529-203836_Gallery.jpg

Roxylola

Visit site
I wasn't required for the Young Horse ring today so the reassigned me to sheet collecting for the GP, was mega to watch - not all perfect tests or amazing movers but some fab combinations - a few think will be ones to watch for in a few years. One or two of the horses seemed to get a bit overwhelmed in the test.
Carl rode beautifully. En vogue is honestly huge, massively tall and obviously heavily muscled. Carl seems somehow to make it just another day for the horse though and just stay incredibly relaxed and in the moment. Part way through the canter his horse seemed to just flag a bit but it was really hot in the sun by then and other than a sort of flat stride they were a real pleasure to watch.
I also saw a bit of his working in which looked lovely and relaxed too

Bernster

Visit site
Pole clinic tomorrow and Jonty Evans clinic on Sunday!
I already feel exhausted!

Would love to hear about the Jonty clinic Please! I really enjoy following him and Art.

AE that is a super skinny skinny !

I’ll sneak the new boy introduction into here - I feel like I’ll jinx it if I post too much too soon but I’ll do a proper post with more details! Collected this lovely boy yesterday Bertie from Oop North. Took a few minutes to load as he’s not been in a side/rear load before but he travelled fine. I can tell he’s a bit anxious but he handled his first day very well in the circs., inc me trying a few saddles on (typically none really fit ?). We had a cuddle (yay for a cuddly horse!) and he seemed happier after he’d had his dinner!

I think he will be a bit cheeky (a character) and I’m expecting a few ups and downs as he settles in but he’s small enough, and hopefully old and experienced enough, that we’ll get though it ok ?. No idea why the pics are sideways!

74CCEE7B-0B42-4D5E-BD71-667461A472AB.jpeg394E7B41-2866-49B6-9705-0BB18842F9CD.jpeg

Sheep

Visit site
Fabulous day for us today! 2nd in our prelim on 70% and 1st (WTF!) in novice on 69.17%! Thrilled to flipping bits!
Today’s competition was the final of a winter league, we were 1st overall in both but mainly by default as not many had qualified ? but I think we were still likely to be placed anyway. Deeeeelighted!!!!
No pics yet as was solo (with my dad) but here’s one of horse from last night, just cos he’s so flippin handsome.40D937C8-0512-4527-B654-B53348B69138.jpeg

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Well done to those out and about!

What a beautiful day! I got to go for a hack on sweet H today. He was a star as always and I'm feeling better each time I've ridden him. Did have a moment where my soul exited my body in the form a squeaking sounds when he tripped and I thought he was properly going down from under me. Hooray for my balance I guess!? We recovered anyway and I apologised to him for making such a ridiculous sound! Also gave him a bath which I'm sure I enjoyed more than he did but nonetheless he stood there ever so patiently while I faffed. I've realised I find joy in stuff like this that is probably a chore for others (maybe the novelty?) and had to chuckle when he immediately rolled in his stable and covered himself in shavings.