Tell me not to!

Jules111

Visit site
If you know you can deal with the day to day stuff for 3 and you can rest easy with the regime go for it. I have 3, 2 in full work and a mini who is there to make me smile every day. I'm planning a 4th but need a good healthy budget and a bit more time to do them justice. Life is too short, no horse is ever standing in a field wishing they had more work, if you can give the care and keep them healthy and reasonably fit they'll be better off than many horses out there. Enjoy and don't forget to share lots of photos.

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Last edited:

Winters100

Visit site
I tend to take the view that if the right horse comes along and you can afford it then why not. 2 of mine were purchased at a time that I was not looking to buy, but they are perfect for me so I am very happy that I did buy them. As I am sure you know you tend to get more efficient the more horses you have, one of mine has been away in the hospital this week and I can't say that I spend noticeably less time with only 2. If you do buy the horse I wish you all the best of luck that it turns out to be the perfect partner:)

Bellaboo18

Visit site
I'm a little confused because you posted this thread over 12 hours ago and I still cant find the thread 'look who's arriving tomorrow'. ??

Of course you need the horse. Looking forward to seeing pictures! I think three is a lovely number especially when you keep them at home.

J&S

Visit site
You have two lovely riding horses at home already, I am at a loss to know why you need another unless you are considering divesting yourself of one of the present horses?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You have two lovely riding horses at home already, I am at a loss to know why you need another unless you are considering divesting yourself of one of the present horses?

I've had up to five in the past, when I had less time because I was working. It's only in the last 2 years I've had less than three.

Asha

Visit site
As others have said ..3 is a great number when you have them at home

I’m always in the camp that’s thinks life’s too short just do it

However before you buy .. just ask yourself why are you doing it . What aren’t you getting from the other two you have and could this one fill that void . Otherwise you could just be buying for buyings sake and that’s when you could end up buying the wrong one

good luck , I look forward to seeing the photos ?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
A similar thought came to me when posting in another thread... Could three be a couple?
I think I agree with you, a couple is rigidly 2. Three is a thruple... although when I think about the thruple of horses I have, I think CM would swap the gelding for a stallion given the option. The poor girl gets very frustrated with his lack of sex drive (although she does adore him). :p