The agility thread

blackcob

๐Ÿ––
Visit site
At the show I was at yesterday the queue was fenced with orange net fencing. I was standing in queue with Pickle and a dog from other side of fence pushed in towards Pickle and sniffed at him . As bc knows Pick isn't a big fan of this sort of thing ๐Ÿ˜ and had a pop, fair enough other owner and I were maybe equally at fault for not watching our dogs. But a minute or so later the person booking in had to ask the lady with this dog to move it as it started doing the same thing again !

I have such mixed feelings about netted queues and fenced rings, on one hand as you know I relied on it so much as a confidence booster in the early days of running a certain dog ๐Ÿ˜ It does however seem to permit people to come right up to the barrier, even if their dog is lunging and gobbing off, they give it even less respect than the ring rope. This was the only unfenced ring at this show.

I forgot to say that my trip out on Saturday took me past yours, I feel I showed remarkable restraint in not posting the puppy over your fence and running away ๐Ÿ˜‚

KEK

Visit site
My little dog is having the most incredible season. She's won our western classic, state trial, nationals and now WA jumping and agility dog of the year (which is an overall award not in height- she's beaten all the BCs and she's 35cm tall). Just love her to absolute pieces!
received_167384012971854.jpegreceived_962941794934933.jpeg

received_235189552813084.jpeg

MurphysMinder

Visit site
My little dog is having the most incredible season. She's won our western classic, state trial, nationals and now WA jumping and agility dog of the year (which is an overall award not in height- she's beaten all the BCs and she's 35cm tall). Just love her to absolute pieces!
View attachment 119684View attachment 119685

View attachment 119686
What a fab little dog . I think itโ€™s great you have so many class types over there .

KEK

Visit site
What a fab little dog . I think itโ€™s great you have so many class types over there .
Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ as in heights? We have 5: 20,30,40, 50 and 60cm. Which is great as often dogs are not jumping over their withers.
For classes we just have agility and jumping (novice excellent and masters).
Also forgot she gained her Agility Champion title.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜ as in heights? We have 5: 20,30,40, 50 and 60cm. Which is great as often dogs are not jumping over their withers.
For classes we just have agility and jumping (novice excellent and masters).
Also forgot she gained her Agility Champion title.
Just realised your Australia not USA , they seem to have so much choice in States. UKA give those height options here but not KC . My heelers have to jump 30 cm (was 35 till just a couple of years ago which my older boy had to jump), they are 27 cm and 30 cm.

KEK

Visit site
Just realised your Australia not USA , they seem to have so much choice in States. UKA give those height options here but not KC . My heelers have to jump 30 cm (was 35 till just a couple of years ago which my older boy had to jump), they are 27 cm and 30 cm.
Yep Australia. What breed do you mean by heelers? Here that means Australian cattle dog but they are BC size so that is obviously not it ๐Ÿ˜‚
The 27cm one would jump 20cm here, the cutoff is 27.1cm

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Yep Australia. What breed do you mean by heelers? Here that means Australian cattle dog but they are BC size so that is obviously not it ๐Ÿ˜‚
The 27cm one would jump 20cm here, the cutoff is 27.1cm

Sorry , Lancashire heelers not cattle dogs, although a few people here seem to have both . My younger dog jumps 25 cm at Uka , the 12 year old is now in veteran so jumps 20 cm at both uka and kc .

Reactions: KEK

KEK

Visit site
Sorry , Lancashire heelers not cattle dogs, although a few people here seem to have both . My younger dog jumps 25 cm at Uka , the 12 year old is now in veteran so jumps 20 cm at both uka and kc .
Had to look that one up! Super cute dogs! Do they holdup OK for agility, looks like they are almost chondrodysplastic? (Although legs don't look deviated). Guess so since you said one of yours is 12 and still doing it. Any pics of yours?
My latest Foster fail I was planning on doing agility with him, his mother is a papillon but the sire was not and he has turned out very chondrodysplastic, looks basically like a hairy b&w dachshund. So decided not to do it with him.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Had to look that one up! Super cute dogs! Do they holdup OK for agility, looks like they are almost chondrodysplastic? (Although legs don't look deviated). Guess so since you said one of yours is 12 and still doing it. Any pics of yours?
My latest Foster fail I was planning on doing agility with him, his mother is a papillon but the sire was not and he has turned out very chondrodysplastic, looks basically like a hairy b&w dachshund. So decided not to do it with him.

Hmm , yes you are right re the legs , standard calls for a slight turn at pasterns which is wide open to interpretation and some are definitely verging on chondrodysplastic . My older boy is a poor breed specimen ๐Ÿ˜and has fairly long, straight legs . Youngster had lameness due to angular limb deformity and had surgery at 9 months, he now has metal plates in his leg . He does agility with full support from the ortho surgeon , and has monthly physio to check all is good . I certainly donโ€™t anticipate him competing for as long as Pickle has , but that wonโ€™t be a problem as Iโ€™ll be too old soon too ๐Ÿ˜

Reactions: KEK

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Good day for Arthur at KCI today. He's qualified for the medium starters cup semi final on Saturday.
We finished 8th and the top 30 have qualified.
Not expecting miracles as he's not quite 3 years old yet, but it will be amazing to run in the main ring.
Well done, that is a fantastic result, all the best for the final.๐Ÿ˜ Only time I competed in the large novice cup I ended up with a dog with a dislocated hip so never did it again.

sarah.oxford

Visit site
He kept me waiting until the last run of the last day for a podium finish!

View attachment 120321
That's what Arthur did for me yesterday!
Well done... it's a great feeling!
We were at Bournemouth champ show in the breed ring today. Arthur won novice dog, and I think was considered in the final line up. Probably he's a bit slim for the show ring right now though.