The agility thread

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
We have had two days at Dogs In Need Agility Show. 14 rings and huge classes 😳On the plus side there are proper loos as it's held on a showground. Pebs was such a good girl. DAY 1. It was so hot 🥵An unplaced clear in the agility, jumped clear with time penalties in the jumping and finished a placed 7th in her last agility class. So proud of her as despite the heat she did her best and you can't ask for more than that 💖 3 clears plus some time penalties. DAY 2 Clear in the jumping and a 6th place 🎉 another clear in the next jumping too. Jumped clear in the agility but a few pesky time faults 😢 She is such an honest little girl 🌟 We just need more speed on the contact equipment. Nice lunch and home in good time today 😊

Clodagh

Visit site
We have had two days at Dogs In Need Agility Show. 14 rings and huge classes 😳On the plus side there are proper loos as it's held on a showground. Pebs was such a good girl. DAY 1. It was so hot 🥵An unplaced clear in the agility, jumped clear with time penalties in the jumping and finished a placed 7th in her last agility class. So proud of her as despite the heat she did her best and you can't ask for more than that 💖 3 clears plus some time penalties. DAY 2 Clear in the jumping and a 6th place 🎉 another clear in the next jumping too. Jumped clear in the agility but a few pesky time faults 😢 She is such an honest little girl 🌟 We just need more speed on the contact equipment. Nice lunch and home in good time today 😊
Fabulous, well done!

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Fabulous, well done!
Thankyou 😍 When you're a normal hobby person and competing against people who are trainers, or dogs are their business it gives you a buzz. I run Schnauzers because I love them and accept we'll never beat the cockers, but we enjoy it and have fun. Which is what it's all about. The show had a good vibe today probably as less hot. We are supposed to be there tomorrow but will see how she is feeling.

Clodagh

Visit site
Thankyou 😍 When you're a normal hobby person and competing against people who are trainers, or dogs are their business it gives you a buzz. I run Schnauzers because I love them and accept we'll never beat the cockers, but we enjoy it and have fun. Which is what it's all about. The show had a good vibe today probably as less hot. We are supposed to be there tomorrow but will see how she is feeling.
I take my hat off to you agilitists. It’s amazing what you achieve.

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
I take my hat off to you agilitists. It’s amazing what you achieve.
I am no way an agilitist 🙄 you should see me run, which is maybe a tad flattering...lumber is more accurate 😂

It is the same as horses really. A long day for only seconds in the ring but we all get so happy if we come home with a rosette 😉 and a tacky trophy makes our day.

I am.yet to succumb to the lycra leggings 😆

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I am no way an agilitist 🙄 you should see me run, which is maybe a tad flattering...lumber is more accurate 😂

It is the same as horses really. A long day for only seconds in the ring but we all get so happy if we come home with a rosette 😉 and a tacky trophy makes our day.

I am.yet to succumb to the lycra leggings 😆

Well done , from another one who does agility for fun with a breed that isn’t exactly built for the job . A friend came to watch me at a show earlier this year and asked when I was going to get some Lycra leggings 😝

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Well done , from another one who does agility for fun with a breed that isn’t exactly built for the job . A friend came to watch me at a show earlier this year and asked when I was going to get some Lycra leggings 😝
Thankyou 😊I bet they are really comfy though 🤔 and from what I've seen they cater for all sizes 🤣 and any colour scheme. Never say never 😄

Spotherisk

Visit site
Well done Ditchjumper2, they’re long days , sounds like you’re doing really well. My lurcher, in theory the fastest dog in an agility ring, always gets time faults. We’re not quite a team yet!

Re leggings I wear them but then you never have enough secure pockets so I’ve moved on to walking trousers, stretchy, often with vents and have zippy pockets.

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
Think I’m the wrong side of 60 to go down that route 😏 I wear walking trousers like STR.
Oh so am I! The thought of all that fat bulging out is not a good look at all 🙄😂 I line up next to the young streamlined svelte bodies, all lithe and athletic, sporting the leggings and a bling encrusted top. There is me in my stretchy Sainsburys jeans with a polo top looking fat rather than fit, and in desperate need of oxygen after my run, and I use the term "run" very loosely! 🤣

Spotherisk

Visit site
Oh so am I! The thought of all that fat bulging out is not a good look at all 🙄😂 I line up next to the young streamlined svelte bodies, all lithe and athletic, sporting the leggings and a bling encrusted top. There is me in my stretchy Sainsburys jeans with a polo top looking fat rather than fit, and in desperate need of oxygen after my run, and I use the term "run" very loosely! 🤣
Me three, well I’m mid 50’s. I always wear a decent sports bra!

Ditchjumper2

Visit site
I ummed and ahhd about whether to go today but as we had entered thought might as well. Another warm one 🥵. Lots of tired people and dogs. The Little One did well bless her. I "think" we were clear 🤔in all 3 classes, but probably had some time penalties. I say think because the online live results processor was down! So not only did people not know how they'd done, you could not keep track of how the rings were running. With 14 rings there was alot of running about to see where the classes were 😰.

How people do KCI then travel to do a week at DINAS I don't know! I have done 3 days and am shattered. Pebs was fab and we can now relax and chill.

Spotherisk

Visit site
I am entered for Barnstaple at Umberleigh tomorrow but I have Covid 🙄 so am 99% sure I’ll be staying home.

But we did go to a flyball have a go session this evening (outdoors, and trainers knew I had the lurgy), it was good fun, I think Rew was wondering when all th complicated stuff (weaves!) was going to appear. Mr StR took his insane working cocker too, who is a working gun dog, he also had fun, well more than Mr StR! 😁

MurphysMinder

Visit site
IMG_0133.jpg
Had a lovely though slightly frustrating weekend at Uka Bounce and Squeak. Some lovely runs for Ziggy, but unfortunately just missed out on qualifying for finals in the steeplechase , and 5 faults in both agility classes so still need just 4 points to move up a grade . Pickle had just one run but was his usual Mr Consistent.

Spotherisk

Visit site
View attachment 121025
Had a lovely though slightly frustrating weekend at Uka Bounce and Squeak. Some lovely runs for Ziggy, but unfortunately just missed out on qualifying for finals in the steeplechase , and 5 faults in both agility classes so still need just 4 points to move up a grade . Pickle had just one run but was his usual Mr Consistent.
That looks great to me, well done! I’ve yet to even get a clear round or a placing!

Spotherisk

Visit site
I had a fab agility session today, a one off with a trainer I’d heard of but not met. You know it’s started well when the trainer claps eyes on your dog and says ‘ooh I love whippets, ooh he’s gorgeous!’

We did angled starts, when to run (me), blinds (which I’d never been taught), going on, it was all excellent and we learnt loads.

Spotherisk

Visit site
One step forward, half a dozen back… 3 x E at lovely SWAT today. Rew was very concerned that Mr StR wasn’t coming into the ring with us so went to find him… a few times. Second run was better, third run better again. Some things don’t seem to be improving, but Rew probably thinks that’s all my fault and I expect he’s right. Oh well, Cornwall next weekend!

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Not at all, I’ve just been doing it too long! 😅

They still haven’t published the full results list (manual scoring) but we didn’t finish in the top four sadly. We’re a small pair and it’s against all heights so I reckon we still gave it our best shot. They are a comedy duo (poodle and schipperke!)

Strike four this morning. 😬😬😬