The Peel case horses - the lost ones

Bare hoof

Visit site
I tell you what they did do the RSPCA they shot the wrong horse , got some of them muddled up with the peels case and another case and one of the peels poor horses got shot ..... How the hell do you explain that !!! Then they claimed for its board and lodge when it was already dead! Conspiracy ... Cover ups ... And down right cruelty to owners horses whilst in there care while the trail was going on
There is so much more that people need to know ... HARD TRUE FACTS.

dominobrown

Visit site
RSPCA messed up this case, true.
However the Peel's let numerous horses come to a horrific death of a number of years.
How can you defend someone who let dead horses horses rot in a barn among the living? Beloved horses?? I think not.
Bare hoof- you have your own agenda here. If you think what the Peel's did is ok I sincerely hope you don't have any animals.
I think people know a lot, except what happened the missing horses, and the condition of the horses that the Peels got back.
The whole thing is a mess, the losers where the horses.
I wouldn't defend the RSPCA or the Peel's here. What they both did was Evil.

However Evie, if you want to state the 'facts' please do!

be positive

Visit site
You seem to know the Peels personally to defend them in any way, while many will agree with the fact that the RSPCA acted extremely badly throughout I don't think many people feel sorry for the Peels who caused the suffering of the many horses they owned, that is fact and verified by the videos and evidence given in court at the first hearing, it may have ended up with her getting off but that was due to technicalities not because she was proven innocent.

Our court system works on the state, or at least the prosecuting authority, proving guilt, not on the accused proving their innocence. I believe in Scotland they also have not proven, but in England if you are not found guilty, then regardless of how you may be morally responsible, you are in fact not guilty and as you are innocent ntil proven guilty, legally you are innocent. I have no axe to grind regarding this case and it does infact sound as if the RSPCA made a total hash of the prosecution, but that is the system we have.

I worded my post badly but the fact is she was found guilty then got off on technicalities on appeal, therefore she was proved to be guilty first time around it was the appeal that was the problem, she didn't have to defend herself as the prosecution had messed up and the case was dropped, the system did work until the full facts of how the RSPCA had handled the case, attempted fraud, shot healthy horses meant evidence was tainted and the case just unraveled, it is why I think that these more serious cases should be handled by the CPS and not by a charity that is frequently not in it for the right reasons, seems to have poor communication and very dubious ways of collecting evidence.

be positive

Visit site
The whole TRUTH to the story has been told , Evie made a statement on the Arabian forum , I was very much involved I know soooo much with what happened to her horses whist in the care of cooper Wilson and the RSPCA and those god awful C&C TRANSPORT

Evie and her mum were TARGETED!! it's one massive conspiracy and the RSPCA messed up and I hope to god Khama gets the RSPCA. So Evie and her family can get on with there lives..

As for the online bullying there has ( not on here ) been some rather upsetting and vile threats made toward them and I hope they pursue this aswell.

The statement by Evie was her side of the story, it was certainly not the whole story as we have never heard the version from the RSPCA or the yard where the horse went, HAPPA have rehomed one or two but as they have been renamed and issued with new passports even that has never been fully verified.
Evie has clarified what happened to many of the missing horses but even she has missed out a few, not to mention that many seem to have disappeared prior to 2013, they were obviously struggling to cope for some time yet continued to breed more and collect new horses rather than focus on caring for the ones they had or cutting down to a sensible level that could be managed, I think the charities involved made many mistakes, not least by destroying perfectly healthy horses and seeming to be unsure of which was which but it does not excuse or explain why they needed rescuing in the first place or why there were dead bodies in the fields and barns.
Evie states there were only two that died in the 48 hours before the inspectors arrived but makes no mention of them being under veterinary care or why they were left where they were, a horse can die suddenly but no normal person will leave it with other horses if you cannot get the body removed you move the living horses, there were dead rotting carcasses in a barn did they not notice them??

As I said earlier the whole story will never be told, it is not in the Peels interests to disclose any more than they have they will only tell their side as they see it as the victims and the charity will never come clean as they have no reason to, probably still have little idea of which horses they dealt with and why they acted as they did, they still think they were right and no amount of complaining will change the attitude of a company that act in the way they do.

I think Evie needs to keep her head down, stop trying to make out she is the victim and concentrate on moving forward, the best way to prove her many critics wrong would be to accept they did make mistakes, that they were not victims and to really take care of the horses she still owns, if she ever finds herself in a similar situation then she must ask for help, if they had asked for help prior to 2013 they would have had as much as they needed, they were well thought of and many people would have stepped in to take care of the horses either financially or in a practical way, now they will find it more difficult but it will be there as horse people do tend to do all they can when there is real hardship, many of the horses could have been saved if only they had been willing to ask for help before it was too late.

ribbons

Visit site
Rachelle is an intelligent woman, she is a skilled writer of fiction, as historical posts on AL show.
She seems to be doing an excellent job here, mascarading as a lesser educated poster with poor spelling and grammar.

Nice try Rachelle.

ossy

Visit site
I totally agree what happened to the horses when at rspca is terrible I hate them for it and hate them for then making a mess of this case allowing that woman to get off. She was found guilty the photos and vids used in that part of the case don't lie, utterly horrible and how someone can defend that is beyond me. It's also coinsedence how in both the sheep case in 2009 and this case in 2013 illness is sited as a means of defence. My gut feeling horses were already starting and/or already suffering at this point too, but no I can't prove it is just my gut feeling. Anyway back to this case She "got off" on appeal because of technicalities (complete mess up by RSPCA I agree) she did not have to actually prove her innosense.

What worries me is Evie/rochelle still has some 14 horses in their possession. Please tell me someone/organisation is keeping an eye of these.

Last edited:

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I don't think it is in question that RSPCA messed up, big time, and even for them their failures were pretty spectacular with regards to this case.
That still doesn't take anything away from the actual situation that existed on the farm though, I note that Evie makes no mention of the dogs either... and who just has a 'missing' horse.

Bare hoof

Visit site
Rachelle is an intelligent woman, she is a skilled writer of fiction, as historical posts on AL show.
She seems to be doing an excellent job here, mascarading as a lesser educated poster with poor spelling and grammar.

Nice try Rachelle.

H aha ha it's not Rachelle or Evie , but someone with dislexier yes..
And English wasn't my best subject at school
I was very much involved with there horses , as I was there at equine support centre at the gg centre run by cooper Wilson.

ribbons

Visit site
I was very much involved with there horses , as I was there at equine support centre at the gg centre run by cooper Wilson.

Or the other alias, spirit13 perhaps

spottybotty

Visit site

Is this the delightful man that shot a DIY liveries horse for 2 weeks non payment of bill and left the body dumped on her front Lawn? Nice man........ NOT

Wella

Visit site
Have you seen the RSPCA video of the squalor those dogs and horses were kept in are you saying that's acceptable? Yes I will brag my animals are loved, fed, healthy, clean, well exercised, warm, dry and have access to clean water at all times. Have veterinary care when necessary and my horse is shod every six weeks. Come see if you want I live near the Peels.

DD

Visit site
there was someone posting on AL spirit 13 I think her posts were removed. it was thought to be a wind up. I think shes posting on here now as a wind up.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I feel so sorry for Evie after everything she has been through , and the RSPCA wants shutting down for the big conspiracy,
I hope to god Evie and her mum SUE the RSPCA and C&C Horse transport for the downright cruelty they caused there horses whilst in there care.
I hope you are reading this Evie and your mum you have done nothing wrong , and I think people need to get there FACTS ,
I think people need to stop bulling Evie and her mum because THEY are the victims in all of this.

I am sorry but did you not see the pictures and the videos taken of the peels horses before they were seized? the peels are not bloody victims they were not looking after their horses end of or they would not have been taken, they would have been charged for animal neglect had the rspca not made such a mess of the case.

Merlod

Visit site
I'll brag all I want to just like the rest of you on here do !

Rachelle Peel or "friend of the family"

Members of AL not buying your codswallop so you come here to try and push it. Putting aside the case and F up's by the rspca, 30 odd horses were removed from you, not great but not awful condition so it must have been true about the horrific living conditions and carcasses of horses left to rot in the barn with live ones that did it, I see you have finally admitted to two dead in the field, now for the rest - or did they mean so little to you that you can't even remember which ones were left to starve and die? God only knows how many more poor horses met the same cruel fate over the years.

Good luck trying to return to the horse world/pick up Evies eventing "career" - i'm sure many will be watching your every move. What you did was callous and unthinkable and you've clearly shown that you will never feel remorse.

Bare hoof

Visit site
Have you seen the RSPCA video of the squalor those dogs and horses were kept in are you saying that's acceptable? Yes I will brag my animals are loved, fed, healthy, clean, well exercised, warm, dry and have access to clean water at all times. Have veterinary care when necessary and my horse is shod every six weeks. Come see if you want I live near the Peels.

Now who's been cruel nailing on metal shoes to a horses living tissues and horn .... Makes my blood boil

If you live near the peels mabie you could go up and check on the horses and mabie ask if they need help with anything

Bare hoof

Visit site
Rachelle Peel or "friend of the family"

Members of AL not buying your codswallop so you come here to try and push it. Putting aside the case and F up's by the rspca, 30 odd horses were removed from you, not great but not awful condition so it must have been true about the horrific living conditions and carcasses of horses left to rot in the barn with live ones that did it, I see you have finally admitted to two dead in the field, now for the rest - or did they mean so little to you that you can't even remember which ones were left to starve and die? God only knows how many more poor horses met the same cruel fate over the years.

Good luck trying to return to the horse world/pick up Evies eventing "career" - i'm sure many will be watching your every move. What you did was callous and unthinkable and you've clearly shown that you will never feel remorse.

Not a friend of the family
And when Evie's horses came to us ( equine support) Harley for one was in superb condition , some of the others were in there winter woolies as you would expect coming out of winter, yes some needed a trim but they were not as bad as some horrific cruelty cases we have had , yes some of the horses were muddy .. But isn't that what happenes in winter with horses living out .... You know they get muddy and so do your fields , just because they were not brushed and wrapped in cotton wool like some owners are , they were allowed to be horses naturally.

Bare hoof

Visit site
Seen all the videos and they were taken on the morning before all the animals had been mucked out , gosh you want to work in a rescue dog kennels ...or an actual working farm ....the morning after its disgusting cleaning all the animals.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
They never went
How come their names were listed on the Cholmondely progamme, then? Did they funk out of FJ ing? I have previously posted a photo of the Cholmondely programme on this thread, which clearly listed them as FJ's.

Had I twigged on the day, I would have gone up and challenged them in person. I will keep a look out for them in future...

Archangel

Visit site
Bare Hoof - what is happening regarding tragic Taragun's unnecessary death (let alone the others) - do you know?

The person in charge of the operation that night left horses on a lorry for 7 hours, loaded unsuitable horses together - did they have partitions even? and Taragun fell and was fatally injured. It was an entirely avoidable incident. The RSCA (p for prevention left out again) did not PREVENT cruelty in this case they CAUSED it. They took horses from a bad situation and put them in an even worse situation. I believe you know the answers to these questions.

This happening at the GG Centre is the tip of an iceberg regarding the RSCA imo.

Does anybody know what happened re Charity Commission and RSCA in relation to this case? or was there a whitewash? I cannot see how the RSCA escaped prosecution for what happened to these horses let along the financial fraud.

You mentioned another horse that was shot by mistake.

Last edited:

Wella

Visit site
Now who's been cruel nailing on metal shoes to a horses living tissues and horn .... Makes my blood boil

If you live near the peels mabie you could go up and check on the horses and mabie ask if they need help with anything
I'm in Gisburn tomorrow lets meet for a chat. Mabie??!!!

Bare hoof

Visit site
Bare Hoof - what is happening regarding tragic Taragun's unnecessary death (let alone the others) - do you know?

The person in charge of the operation that night left horses on a lorry for 7 hours, loaded unsuitable horses together - did they have partitions even? and Taragun fell and was fatally injured. It was an entirely avoidable incident. The RSCA (p for prevention left out again) did not PREVENT cruelty in this case they CAUSED it. They took horses from a bad situation and put them in an even worse situation. I believe you know the answers to these questions.

This happening at the GG Centre is the tip of an iceberg regarding the RSCA imo.

Does anybody know what happened re Charity Commission and RSCA in relation to this case? or was there a whitewash? I cannot see how the RSCA escaped prosecution for what happened to these horses let along the financial fraud.

You mentioned another horse that was shot by mistake.

The transport company C&C HORSE TRANSPORT , from stoksley way
Had hoarded all the horses into 2 big wagons , some of the mares were loaded next to stallions ( with no stallion grids) so they could touch noes to nose , and poor taragun slipped over in the horsebox and got trodden on her back legs. It was NOT LIFE THREATENING!!!
But as per usual the RSPCA ordered cooper to shot her because the RSPCA couldn't be bothered to treat her cuts and spend money on a old horse . I Was with taragun when she was put to sleep.

And yes the transport company C&C that work for the RSPCA should of know better but there are inexperienced scum bags that don't give two ******* about horses all they care about is .... BLOODY MONEY!!

Yes a horse was shot by mistake (one of the peels) aswell and its death was covered up.

Last edited: