The Peel case horses - the lost ones

Bare hoof

Visit site
I'm surprised C&C did that. The have been running for years and are well regarded, so not sure what or how it went so wrong!

It was new Inexperianced grooms plus the RSPCA ordered them all on the wagons , RSPCA don't give a hoot all they care about is a prosecution and money.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The whole thing was a mess, out of the furnace and into the fire from the Peels to RSPCA/the fabulous Mr Wilson who seems to be plenty trigger happy on occasion.

I also assumed Bare hoof is spirit13. No shoes here so hopefully that makes me amazing :p

Bare hoof

Visit site
The whole thing was a mess, out of the furnace and into the fire from the Peels to RSPCA/the fabulous Mr Wilson who seems to be plenty trigger happy on occasion.

I also assumed Bare hoof is spirit13. No shoes here so hopefully that makes me amazing :p

No it's not spirit 13 I do know who you mean tho and it's not me sorry to disappoint .

Bare hoof

Visit site
There is a lot of us yes. Some still work there , others have left and retired and got old like me. I was worried about coming forward and speaking about the case. But I've had a little shove and seen other ex employees that have come forward. Iam one who doesn't say a lot but watches and takes note, and it's time I said my piece of what happened.

hackneylass2

Visit site
Ah, so the GG Centre is run by Cooper Wilson? I thought the rescue centre he was involved with and the GG Centre were two seperate entities.

How could you work for CW Barehoof? Hardly one for rescue it seems.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
H aha ha it's not Rachelle or Evie , but someone with dislexier yes..
And English wasn't my best subject at school
I was very much involved with there horses , as I was there at equine support centre at the gg centre run by cooper Wilson.

We have a lot of dyslexic people on this forum. The one word I can't remember them ever misspelling is dyslexia.

DD

Visit site
this seems to have moved away from the Peels and onto RSPCA bashing. IMO the RSPCA acted very wrongly in this case, however, the PEELS STARVED HORSES TO DEATH by locking them in a barn and leaving them to die. ALSO mistreated others and dogs. can barefoot defend this I wonder? if the Peels hadnt starved and ill treated their animals the RSPCA would never have been involved lets get back to thew original perpetrators, the Peels STARVED HORSES TO DEATH.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Apparently if you nail metal shoes onto your horse your evil, but not feeding your horses and leaving them standing in their own cr*p and amongst their dead companions is ok.

Wella

Visit site
Apparently if you nail metal shoes onto your horse your evil, but not feeding your horses and leaving them standing in their own cr*p and amongst their dead companions is ok.
According to barefoot if you read back the video was taken in the morning before they'd mucked out. And said have I never seen kennels, farms and stables in the morning. I honestly give in!

ribbons

Visit site
this seems to have moved away from the Peels and onto RSPCA bashing. IMO the RSPCA acted very wrongly in this case, however, the PEELS STARVED HORSES TO DEATH by locking them in a barn and leaving them to die. ALSO mistreated others and dogs. can barefoot defend this I wonder? if the Peels hadnt starved and ill treated their animals the RSPCA would never have been involved lets get back to thew original perpetrators, the Peels STARVED HORSES TO DEATH.

Moving the spotlight was the objective of the poster joining this forum under the name of bare hoof, who is clearly the same poster known as spirit13 (recently joined then removed from AL.)
Both of which, in my opinion, are Rachelle Peel, or at the very least, someone posting for her and under her direction.
The RSPCA and their handling of this case was beyond dreadful and definitely requires thorough investigation. However, that does not mean they are the first abusers of those horses.
Someone 😉, is trying very hard to deflect blame, but doesn't seem to have the bottle to stand up, as themselves, and give a full, honest account of events.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
According to barefoot if you read back the video was taken in the morning before they'd mucked out. And said have I never seen kennels, farms and stables in the morning. I honestly give in!

well my stables don't look like that any morning I am sure most people's don't! you can see clearly in the video and the pictures that those barns had not been mucked out in a very long time, and the horses were covered in their own muck that doesn't happen over one night of being in.

I am not convinced this bare hoof person is who they say they are anyway.

dominobrown

Visit site
You mean that you dont find a few dead horses among the muck in the stables in morning? Apprenty normal!

Bare foot must think we are idiots if we fall for that. The rspca was in the wrong in this case but so were the Peels, what they did was evil too. Niether have a leg to stand on.
As usual the horses are the ones to lose out. The peels show no remorse for what they have done and trying to look like "victims"

ester

Visit site

and it is the RSPCAs fault that they are still allowed to have horses!

Damnation

Visit site
Dear Bare hoof

THERE WERE SEVEN DEAD HORSES ON THE PROPERTY IN VARIOUS STAGES OF DECOMPOSITION. ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME.

Regards,
LadySam

I'd still like an answer to this. What is the excuse for the dead bodies in various stages of composition?

I have worked on both big livery yards and kennels. Perhaps we had standards but I can tell you our yard was not disgusting and the kennels did not stink so much it made inspectors eyes water. We did not encounter dead residents either. Infact the only animals that perished in our care were either very old (one died in her sleep) or were under vetenary care. They were disposed of in accordance to the owners wishes NOT left to rot where they fell.

Judge Clarke said that throughout the lengthy trial Peel had demonstrated a persistent unwillingness to accept any shortcomings on her part.

“You saw yourself very much the victim and you laid blame at a series of others in how they dealt with you and your family and with how they treated the horses. There was in some instances an obstinate refusal to accept even the most compelling evidence of neglect,” said Judge Clarke.

He recognised that Peel had suffered significantly as a result of the events of March 2013, the ongoing investigation and uncertainty and the changes in her personal life.

“However, those who undertake the care of animals in a professional role have significant responsibilities to those animals and I would be failing in my public duty if the sentences I passed failed to reflect the seriousness of the situation,” he said.

A quote from the Judge of the original case. Very interesting reading, the unwillingness to take responsibility for actions appears to be a family trait.

ossy

Visit site
A quote from the Judge of the original case. Very interesting reading, the unwillingness to take responsibility for actions appears to be a family trait.

Completely as I've said before bit of a convenience that illness is sited as a means of defence in both the sheep case 2009 and in the March 2013. And if I had something like that going on at home I don't think I would have gone eventing just a few weeks later like Evie did. Also some of the info she has sprouted on AL just doesn't add up. Apparently feathers McGraw is listed by her as died pre 2010 yet he was enter in a BE event in June 2010, all be it is marked as withdraw. So what is it, he died pre 2010, in 2010 or after or does she just not care enough to know? How many others on her listed aren't correct?

And id have a guess that the reason the peels haven't taken things further in terms of action for the RSPCA failings is that they already got what they wanted out of it and that was a deal that the appeal would not be contested and as such she got her guilty verdict overturned without actually having to prove her innocence.

DD

Visit site
its a great shame the RSPCA made a mess of ths prosecution. the Peels should be banned from owning any animal; they are rotten to the core and guilty.

Bare hoof

Visit site
its a great shame the RSPCA made a mess of ths prosecution. the Peels should be banned from owning any animal; they are rotten to the core and guilty.

We're any of you there? NO , so stop passing judgment, she said this she done that , this poor family have been threw hell with all this abuse from social media. Why don't you all just go and see them instead of making personal attacks of bitching about them on a public forum. It's unacceptable and down right wrong. Why don't you find a proper cruelty case to bash, instead of this poor family. You can't can you? All you can do is sit behind your keyboards and slate , bitch, and upset people with your nasty comments. If you have such a personal vendetta against this innocent family, then go and see them in person.

cyberbullying activities are criminal offences under a range of different laws, including the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
Gosh if everyone had to be at places to pass judgement on situations regardless of other verifiable evidence the internet would be a very quiet place indeed! I also don't think people being aware of this case means they don't post on other cruelty cases, you just haven't come across them yet. There are several extensive, current threads on this forum about such incidences as well as people dealing with such issues 'in real life'. Frankly for the most part these issues of abuse on social media are easily avoided, the rest of us manage by not having any animal welfare issues that need investigating.

IMO it isn't slating or bitching it is identification of the facts, which as usual still don't stack up.

saalsk

Visit site
We're any of you there? NO , so stop passing judgment, she said this she done that , this poor family have been threw hell with all this abuse from social media. Why don't you all just go and see them instead of making personal attacks of bitching about them on a public forum. It's unacceptable and down right wrong. Why don't you find a proper cruelty case to bash, instead of this poor family. You can't can you? All you can do is sit behind your keyboards and slate , bitch, and upset people with your nasty comments. If you have such a personal vendetta against this innocent family, then go and see them in person.

cyberbullying activities are criminal offences under a range of different laws, including the Malicious Communications Act 1988 and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

There is nothing *innocent* about animal abuse. I have no idea why people like you/them think it is acceptable, or how you can sleep at night knowing what you all did. You may have got away with those horrific things on a technicality - but we all know what you are.

Bare hoof

Visit site
There were not in any way, shape or form, 15 dead bodies at the premises. This is entirely fictitious and was never even suggested by the Prosecution or in evidence.
There were no charges and no question what so ever that Rachelle Peel caused or contributed to the death of an animal.Rachelle Peel was found NOT GUILTY of any charge relating to the body condition score of any animal because evidence did not support this.

In May 2016, at the Prosecution's request, a pre-Appeal hearing was held, at which all charges and convictions against Rachelle Peel were quashed. The Prosecution stated that witnesses who had undergone rigorous cross examination during the trial, refused to appear.( One of the witnesses was cooper Wilson )
Because of the fraudulent clams he refused to turn up.
Rachelle and Evie Peel were told by certain individuals in a professional standing that all the horses were alive and indeed some had been re-homed. This was proved to be a lie when it was discovered during the trial that the many of the horses had been shot and were dead at the time this statement was made.
Cooper Wilson had made a very serious cock up and had shot the wrong horses resulting in some of the horses are still missing (FACT)

Open discussion is fine if it is the truth. A majority of what has been posted on social media is exaggerated or false. What has been written in this post is FACT and can be validated. i have no reason to lie.

Last edited:

Pinkvboots

Visit site

so explain the videos and pictures of their animals living in horrendous conditions? explain the dead carcasses of horses on the premises with live horses living amongst them? If that's not cruelty then what is?