The showing thread

druid

Visit site
We'd be delighted to see you again, hopefully I'll have my little GLP by then (although by my estimations I will need to qualify at Manchester).

There was one GLP in the Working HPR class!

EllieBeast

Visit site
I’m keeping everything crossed you do 😁 very exciting!

Oooh I was just looking at the results and looks like the GLP didn’t place, I wonder who it was!

druid

Visit site
I’m keeping everything crossed you do 😁 very exciting!

Oooh I was just looking at the results and looks like the GLP didn’t place, I wonder who it was!

Give me a second and I'll find my catalogue and tell you. I did speak to her breifly, she was very nice!

Clodagh

Visit site
We'd be delighted to see you again, hopefully I'll have my little GLP by then (although by my estimations I will need to qualify at Manchester).

There was one GLP in the Working HPR class!
I saw your potential breeders on Friday, we were talking about the hopeful litter to be. 😄

DiNozzo

Visit site
Thinking about maybe having a little go at showing my parent's Yorkie, but we're not big fans of the hairy look, and he's much too adventurous to be allowed long hair anyway. Would we be penalised badly for it? And if not, anyone know how total beginners can get into showing?

druid

Visit site
He would need to be in full coat to show, I believe. The Kennel Club do have some "Have A Go" shows at various shows around the country. Details on their website

DiNozzo

Visit site
He would need to be in full coat to show, I believe. The Kennel Club do have some "Have A Go" shows at various shows around the country. Details on their website

No point then, he loves adventuring too much to make it worth the hassle 😂

satinbaze

Visit site
No point then, he loves adventuring too much to make it worth the hassle 😂
How about fun and companion shows. There are Facebook groups for these so you can find ones local to you. No need to enter in advance and plenty of classes to enter both pedigree and novelty

druid

Visit site
Fatty took his first CACIB this weekend towards his International title at the Paddy's day shows (he has his Junior International title). Nice to see so many UK and Continental exhibitors back over visiting.

Also booked our Crufts accommodation for 2025....with kennels!

EllieBeast

Visit site
What do you guys do with your cards/rosettes? Erik has an embarrassing number of frillies considering he’s never actually beaten another dog in the ring 🙄😂
So although they’re technically attendance awards I feel like I should do the proud parent thing and display them somehow- maybe in the downstairs loo 😂

satinbaze

Visit site
What do you guys do with your cards/rosettes? Erik has an embarrassing number of frillies considering he’s never actually beaten another dog in the ring 🙄😂
So although they’re technically attendance awards I feel like I should do the proud parent thing and display them somehow- maybe in the downstairs loo 😂
I make these
Sorry I can’t post a photo as my pictures are all too big 😱

EllieBeast

Visit site
I make these
Sorry I can’t post a photo as my pictures are all too big 😱

BINGO! amazing, thanks so much 😊 I’ll have a scout through and message you on the page to order 😁

druid

Visit site
I make my own rosette holders (not fancy and beautiful like Satinbazes!) A dowel, some embroidery thread and carpet grip underlay

EllieBeast

Visit site
I make my own rosette holders (not fancy and beautiful like Satinbazes!) A dowel, some embroidery thread and carpet grip underlay

Ah good idea- You guys collect a lot more rosettes than we will 😂

I like the idea of decorating the loo with them 😁 need to get frames for the crufts cards though, they can live somewhere more visible (despite also being attendance awards 😂)

druid

Visit site
Ah good idea- You guys collect a lot more rosettes than we will 😂

I like the idea of decorating the loo with them 😁 need to get frames for the crufts cards though, they can live somewhere more visible (despite also being attendance awards 😂)

Beginners mistake...get them from Birdbrook or Dalsetter on the day! Crufts ones go in our hallway, everything else is in the dog room/back hall way.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Beginners mistake...get them from Birdbrook or Dalsetter on the day! Crufts ones go in our hallway, everything else is in the dog room/back hall way.

Ah, rookie error 😂 I’ll just shove it in a drawer and try to remember to buy a frame next year- should probably frame Ivy’s 2nd place one from 2020 too 😳

SatansLittleHelper

Visit site
Yayy a showing thread!!!
I used to show my American Cockers but my last Yank is 9 and a half and blind, bless him. He was an exceptionally great dog in his hey day but I now have a black and white English Cocker to show. He's just turned 6 months and has his first show on Sunday :)
My Harlequin Great Dane was supposed to be shown but he has very strong opinions on that 😳🙄 He treats it like a huge game 🤣🤣

So anyway, this is Sergei...IMG-20240402-WA0011_resize_59.jpgNnh_resize_70.jpg

Annette4

Visit site
2nd (of two 🤣) in Minor Puppy at the breed show today. He was a PITA between auto sitting which it new 🙄 and being a fidget every time the judge was looking but standing still and square when his back was turned 🤦‍♀️ Lots of learning for me, he most definitely feeds off my nerves.