The SNP and Mrs Nicola Sturgeon

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
What !!! I will hand it to you JM - immigration causing rabies that's a novel one

There is nothing novel so far as immigration causing rabies is concerned.

Some of you people live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, because either you do not understand or want to understand the implications of unfettered immigration from the EU.

In the majority of EU countries Rabies - a notifiable disease is endemic and has not been eradicated and the the lackadaisical way in which in particular, the eastern block EU member states go on, it is never likely to be eradicated.

Therefore if we continue to allow all these immigrants and or migrants into the UK without proper controls, notwithstanding all the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, who are known to smuggle unvaccinated dogs onto the UK.

Frankly the sooner folk wake up to the lunatic policies of Sturgeon and Corbin so far as immigration are concerned, the better, because sooner of later, a dog with rabies will be brought into the UK.

Rabies is a notifiable disease and particularly nasty and in the majority of cases one will die from being bitten by a rabid dog. Don't suppose that treatment will be successful, it may be successful but the treatment for rabies is nearly as nasty as the disease.

If rabies is found in a dog or indeed a fox for that matter in the UK, a cordon sanitaire is made of approximately five miles around the area in which the animal was seen or captured. If it is in the country virtually everything in terms of wildlife is shot, which is exactly what as happened at Camberley when a rabies was discovered in the 70's.

In urban areas one would not be allowed to let one's dog out of the house or into the garden for at least 60 days following the Ministry declaring the quarantine area.

Immigration and in particular illegal immigration in juxtaposition to dogs and rabies is a most serious matter.

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
There is nothing novel so far as immigration causing rabies is concerned.

Some of you people live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, because either you do not understand or want to understand the implications of unfettered immigration from the EU.

In the majority of EU countries Rabies - a notifiable disease is endemic and has not been eradicated and the the lackadaisical way in which in particular, the eastern block EU member states go on, it is never likely to be eradicated.

Therefore if we continue to allow all these immigrants and or migrants into the UK without proper controls, notwithstanding all the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, who are known to smuggle unvaccinated dogs onto the UK.

Frankly the sooner folk wake up to the lunatic policies of Sturgeon and Corbin so far as immigration are concerned, the better, because sooner of later, a dog with rabies will be brought into the UK.

Rabies is a notifiable disease and particularly nasty and in the majority of cases one will die from being bitten by a rabid dog. Don't suppose that treatment will be successful, it may be successful but the treatment for rabies is nearly as nasty as the disease.

If rabies is found in a dog or indeed a fox for that matter in the UK, a cordon sanitaire is made of approximately five miles around the area in which the animal was seen or captured. If it is in the country virtually everything in terms of wildlife is shot, which is exactly what as happened at Camberley when a rabies was discovered in the 70's.

In urban areas one would not be allowed to let one's dog out of the house or into the garden for at least 60 days following the Ministry declaring the quarantine area.

Immigration and in particular illegal immigration in juxtaposition to dogs and rabies is a most serious matter.

And here's what the WHO says about dog-transmitted rabies in Europe:
http://www.who.int/rabies/Presence_dog_transmitted_human_Rabies_2014.png?ua=1

Not big on facts, are you, J? :eek:

Judgemental

Visit site
And here's what the WHO says about dog-transmitted rabies in Europe:
http://www.who.int/rabies/Presence_dog_transmitted_human_Rabies_2014.png?ua=1

Not big on facts, are you, J? :eek:

Thank you. You have provided irrefutable evidence of the existence of Rabies in the very countries from where immigrants and illegal immigrants, are entering the United Kingdom.

What is more, your excellent geography has highlighted just how small we are in relations to the large landmasses where rabies is present. Namely the whole of Africa, the Middle East, Russian Federations and associated countries along with the whole of Asia and the Far East.

Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Thank you. You have provided irrefutable evidence of the existence of Rabies in the very countries from where immigrants and illegal immigrants, are entering the United Kingdom.

What is more, your excellent geography has highlighted just how small we are in relations to the large landmasses where rabies is present. Namely the whole of Africa, the Middle East, Russian Federations and associated countries along with the whole of Asia and the Far East.

Erm, which of the countries in the WHO graphic I linked to which have reported cases of dog-transmitted rabies are members of the EU?

Between 2006 and 2011 there were 12 cases of rabies in Europe. Hardly epidemic. Oh, and none were the result of exposure to rabid foxes.

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant against ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. :rolleyes3:

Judgemental

Visit site
Erm, which of the countries in the WHO graphic I linked to which have reported cases of dog-transmitted rabies are members of the EU?

Between 2006 and 2011 there were 12 cases of rabies in Europe. Hardly epidemic. Oh, and none were the result of exposure to rabid foxes.

But don't let facts get in the way of your rant against ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. :rolleyes3:

It's just one more reason why we should strictly control our borders, increases in unnatural numbers to our very small islands from wherever and yes, we are seeing huge numbers from Middle Eastern countries and Africa in recent times, where Rabies is endemic. Therefore the risk of a rabid dog being transported or smuggled increases.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site

Yes well it's attitudes like that, that encourage terrorists and any Tom, Dick or Harry thinking and doing what they please. I hope the atrocities at Westminster, Manchester and a Stone's throw from Shakespeare's Globe theater eventually sink in, that this country will not tolerate illegal immigration or other cultures and religions, that disrupt British society.

Frankly internment would be an ideal solution. Preferably in Scotland where Nazi prisoners of war were interned during WWII.

Yes, I like the idea of a UK Guantanamo Bay in Scotland. Let me think one of the islands would do such as Rhum.

That said there was a very interesting and such a camp on the Isle of Bute during WWII.

The idea of internment is much trailed in today's press.

Sturgeon and the SNP like all these immigrants, whether legal or illegal she/they can have their own designated supply, to look after and radicalise into becoming Scottish Nationalists.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
What have you been taking??
I will take you with a pinch of salt.

If you don't believe me.........

Interment: Could it help fight terrorism?
By Jennifer Scott
BBC News
30 May 2017

In the wake of the Manchester suicide bomb attack a former assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police has called for the reintroduction of internment camps.

With security services revealing there are 3,000 people engaged in plots in the UK and as many as 23,000 who have appeared on the radar of counter-terror agencies, Tarique Ghaffur - in charge during the 7/7 bombings - wrote in the Mail on Sunday that "a proper national debate" should take place.

or

7/7 Met police chief calls for extremists to be locked up in INTERNMENT camps as he says MI5 and police cannot keep track of 3,000 terror suspects

The controversial call came from Tarique Ghaffur, a Muslim former police chief

He warns there are too many extremists in UK for police, MI5 officers to monitor
Mr Ghaffur proposes special centres be set up to detain up to 3,000 extremists
He was Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when 7/7 bombings took place

By ABUL TAHER and MARTIN BECKFORD FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 00:30, 28 May 2017 | UPDATED: 15:43, 30 May 2017

Thousands of radical extremists must be locked up in new internment camps to protect Britain from the unprecedented terror threat it faces, a Muslim former police chief declares today.

Writing exclusively for The Mail on Sunday, Tarique Ghaffur warns there are too many extremists on the streets for police and MI5 officers to monitor.

Mr Ghaffur, an Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place, proposes that special centres be set up to detain as many as 3,000 extremists, where they can be kept from launching attacks.

They would also be made to go through a de-radicalisation programme.

Thousands of radical extremists must be locked up in new internment camps to protect Britain, a Muslim former police chief declares today

Tarique Ghaffur warns there are too many extremists on the streets for police and MI5 officers to monitor

Mr Ghaffur believes the idea would work for extremists if the camps were approved by imams, whom he believes should also issue a 'fatwa' condemning atrocities

He says: 'Let us have a proper national debate about this, and not be afraid to speak openly for fear of offending any communities, or for the sake of political correctness.'

Goldenstar

Visit site
I fail to see the connection between radical extremism and rabies .
And I resent being told I live in cloud cuckoo land because in my case it's certainly total rot .
That sort of comment is usually made to mask a weak argument .

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Yes well it's attitudes like that, that encourage terrorists and any Tom, Dick or Harry thinking and doing what they please. I hope the atrocities at Westminster, Manchester and a Stone's throw from Shakespeare's Globe theater eventually sink in, that this country will not tolerate illegal immigration or other cultures and religions, that disrupt British society.

Frankly internment would be an ideal solution. Preferably in Scotland where Nazi prisoners of war were interned during WWII.

Yes, I like the idea of a UK Guantanamo Bay in Scotland. Let me think one of the islands would do such as Rhum.

That said there was a very interesting and such a camp on the Isle of Bute during WWII.

Sturgeon and the SNP like all these immigrants, whether legal or illegal she/they can have their own designated supply, to look after and radicalise into becoming Scottish Nationalists.

So you know for a fact that those responsible for the attacks in London were ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, do you? Salman Abedi was British.

As I'm sure you're aware, the "very interesting" camp on Bute during WWII was a concentration camp.

You're sick, Judgemental!

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
The "very interesting" camp on Bute during WWII was a concentration camp.

You're sick, Judgemental!

Concentration Camp - shocking and on the wee isle of BUTE, appropriate for the H & H forum don't you think :lol:

Seemingly Run by the Scot's, it gets more shocking by the minute. Still it means you have a background to run the UK's 'Guantanamo Bay' project.

honetpot

Visit site
If you don't believe me.........

Interment: Could it help fight terrorism?
By Jennifer Scott
BBC News
30 May 2017

In the wake of the Manchester suicide bomb attack a former assistant commissioner of the Metropolitan Police has called for the reintroduction of internment camps.

With security services revealing there are 3,000 people engaged in plots in the UK and as many as 23,000 who have appeared on the radar of counter-terror agencies, Tarique Ghaffur - in charge during the 7/7 bombings - wrote in the Mail on Sunday that "a proper national debate" should take place.

or

7/7 Met police chief calls for extremists to be locked up in INTERNMENT camps as he says MI5 and police cannot keep track of 3,000 terror suspects

The controversial call came from Tarique Ghaffur, a Muslim former police chief

He warns there are too many extremists in UK for police, MI5 officers to monitor
Mr Ghaffur proposes special centres be set up to detain up to 3,000 extremists
He was Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when 7/7 bombings took place

By ABUL TAHER and MARTIN BECKFORD FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 00:30, 28 May 2017 | UPDATED: 15:43, 30 May 2017

Thousands of radical extremists must be locked up in new internment camps to protect Britain from the unprecedented terror threat it faces, a Muslim former police chief declares today.

Writing exclusively for The Mail on Sunday, Tarique Ghaffur warns there are too many extremists on the streets for police and MI5 officers to monitor.

Mr Ghaffur, an Assistant Commissioner at Scotland Yard when the 7/7 bombings took place, proposes that special centres be set up to detain as many as 3,000 extremists, where they can be kept from launching attacks.

They would also be made to go through a de-radicalisation programme.

Thousands of radical extremists must be locked up in new internment camps to protect Britain, a Muslim former police chief declares today

Tarique Ghaffur warns there are too many extremists on the streets for police and MI5 officers to monitor

Mr Ghaffur believes the idea would work for extremists if the camps were approved by imams, whom he believes should also issue a 'fatwa' condemning atrocities

He says: 'Let us have a proper national debate about this, and not be afraid to speak openly for fear of offending any communities, or for the sake of political correctness.'

I am old enough to remember internment in N. Ireland, my brother who was a soldier did three tours of duty. Anyone who knows about that time will remember that people were being shot and bombed on a regular basis. We had attacks on the mainland, many Irish fled the troubles and started new lives here and there was no mass internment, a friend who I trained with lost her Irish accent completely on purpose, she has a home counties accent.
So how do you decide who is the good or the bad guy? By skin colour, how they speak? Internment breeds resentment and is a breeding ground for radicalisation ( the prison system also seems to be not a good environment) and on a practical level we can not afford it.
Do you mark them out with a nice armband?
I hope you are just 'trolling', your views are seriously scary and shows so little insight it could be laughable, and are extremist is themselves. I am not a member of your targeted communities, but I could because I have red hair and have roots in Scotland.

I think the biosecurity of the UK is already more likely to be compromised by bird flu, and blue tongue or you could worry about TB in bovines that could give you a disease that is getting increasing more difficult to treat

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Concentration Camp - shocking and on the wee isle of BUTE, appropriate for the H & H forum don't you think :lol:

Seemingly Run by the Scot's, it gets more shocking by the minute. Still it means you have a background to run the UK's 'Guantanamo Bay' project.

Concentration camps are hardly a laughing matter. And no, it wasn't run by Scots.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
I am old enough to remember internment in N. Ireland, my brother who was a soldier did three tours of duty. Anyone who knows about that time will remember that people were being shot and bombed on a regular basis. We had attacks on the mainland, many Irish fled the troubles and started new lives here and there was no mass internment, a friend who I trained with lost her Irish accent completely on purpose, she has a home counties accent.
So how do you decide who is the good or the bad guy? By skin colour, how they speak? Internment breeds resentment and is a breeding ground for radicalisation ( the prison system also seems to be not a good environment) and on a practical level we can not afford it.
Do you mark them out with a nice armband?
I hope you are just 'trolling', your views are seriously scary and shows so little insight it could be laughable, and are extremist is themselves. I am not a member of your targeted communities, but I could because I have red hair and have roots in Scotland.

I think the biosecurity of the UK is already more likely to be compromised by bird flu, and blue tongue or you could worry about TB in bovines that could give you a disease that is getting increasing more difficult to treat

Bird flu TB, so what, get a grip and come out of Cloud Cuckoo land lest you contract Bird Flu.:biggrin4:

I assure you I am not a Troll and post on this forum regularly.

We need to go in hard and fast, round up the 3000 odd terrorists on the loose and place them in Interment Camps in Scotland.

Look at what has just been reported in the press. As for resentment, tough, enough is enough of namby pamby wet left leaning management.

I am told that if Internment became a feature, all these terrorists and foreign radicals would leave the UK faster than you could say Saharan Dust or should I say you won't see them for dust.:cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REPORTED ON THE BBC - there's a nice bunch of lefties.

'Britons have had enough, stop watching & act!' Raging BBC caller slams terror watchlist

A SEETHING caller urged the Government to “round up” thousands of people on terror watch lists in the UK and to put them in prison to stop future attacks.

By DARREN HUNT
PUBLISHED: 11:16, Mon, Jun 5, 2017 | UPDATED: 12:03, Mon, Jun 5, 2017

The caller was outraged by the London Bridge terror attack which killed 7 people and left 48 people injured on Saturday night.

Talking to BBC Radio London's Petrie Hosken, the caller urged the Government to crack down on potential terrorists.

He said: “It needs looking into. And another point now Theresa May has made this statement. We know there are thousands of people they’re watching.

“Let’s not watch them. What happened before we watch them until someone does something, it’s too late then. Round them up, internment.

The furious caller urged the Government to crack down on potential terrorists in the UK

“It’s the same ‘mandy-pandy’ status it’s become, frightened to do the wrong thing.

“It's not the wrong thing, it’s the right thing.”

The caller then claimed politicians should “listen” to what the people want, reiterating that more needed to be done.

He added: “If any politician would actually listen to the people for a change.

Labour DO back ‘shoot to kill’ policy on terrorists

“It’s an obvious fact that the British people have had enough and something needs to be done.

“These people are being watched, round them up.”

To those who were born in Britain, the angry caller insisted the UK should “keep them in prison, end of”.

He added: “What’s happening is people are watching these people and you heard their neighbours saying ‘oh was a nice bloke he helps with the community, blah blah’.

“And then bang on a Saturday evening he decides to go out and do that with a couple of his friends.

“No, if you have got any inclination in that way at all, internment, if they are born in this country, internment forever, that’s it, end of.”

Last edited:

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site

that camp and others (for anyone that doesnt know) were run by the Polish and under Polish jurisdiction under the Allied Forces Act. They mainly consisted of Polish army members who didnt fit in, Jewish soldiers, gay men and communists.

To accuse Scottish nationalists of being radicalised is also offensive. why no questioning of your darling Theresa and he arming the Saudis in all of this? or her questionable record as Home Secretary?

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
that camp and others (for anyone that doesnt know) were run by the Polish and under Polish jurisdiction under the Allied Forces Act. They mainly consisted of Polish army members who didnt fit in, Jewish soldiers, gay men and communists.

To accuse Scottish nationalists of being radicalised is also offensive. why no questioning of your darling Theresa and he arming the Saudis in all of this? or her questionable record as Home Secretary?

So! Don't you people understand we are at war?

When Scottish Nationalists unite with the British in patriotic loyalty, then one will begin to believe and trust them they are not Radicals and Separatists.

Lest ye lose sight of the origins of this this thread, it was, indeed I who started it, because Sturgeon and her band of Separatists, welched and ran word on the deal over the Hunting Act 2004 to amend via the Statutory Instrument to mirror hunting in Scotland. On the premise they would abide by the agreement English Votes for English Laws.

But no, Sturgeon and her disciples were thoroughly dishonest and pulled their intention to stand aside in the debate, at the last moment so the then Business Secretary Nick Grayling had to pull the debate from the following week's business in the House of Commons.

That is darn right dishonesty and bluntly the SNP cannot be trusted.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
Time for a prediction or two. Conservatives will have a majority of 110. Suppose I should I say, give or take. Reason: UKIP votes will generally go to the Conservatives.

Bear in mind 4 million voted UKIP at the last election and now they have 'nowhere to go' except the Conservatives.

As a result, I rehearse the prediction SNP will only win 15 seats largely due to a very positive campaign by the Conservatives in Scotland.

That said, the BREXIT and or Scottish UKIP voters, many of whom were traditionally Labour, will switch to to Conservatives.

Finally the manifesto pledge to restore hunting has been well received in the South West. All my Liberal Democrat neighbours have declared their loyalty to the Conservatives.

Some will say "ah but that is countered by the antipathy towards hunting in urban areas". Those voters would vote in any event for Labour.

Predict it will be an electoral winter for Labour in the countryside but they will do quite well in London. Might even pick up several seats in Scotland

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
Well what a disaster, save for the fact Sturgeon has had her wings seriously clipped, delighted to see Robertson, Salmon and Ahmed-Sheikh amongst others lost their seats.

The Democratic Unionist Party, ha, it will be interesting to see how their support for the government is received by Sinn Fein.

Will repeal of the Hunting Act 2004 still be included in the Queen's Speech.

fburton

Visit site
Maybe "IRA sympathizer" Corbyn can persuade Sinn Fein MPs to take up their seats in parliament to prop up the opposition.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

Will repeal of the Hunting Act 2004 still be included in the Queen's Speech.

Not a hope in hell. As stout as my support is for Hunting and the repeal of this wrong-filled Act, we have far greater concerns, from a national perspective, than that of Hunting.

Alec.

Judgemental

Visit site
Maybe "IRA sympathizer" Corbyn can persuade Sinn Fein MPs to take up their seats in parliament to prop up the opposition.

Beginning to wonder that just may be, Messrs Adams & Co of Sinn Fein might decide, that perhaps the seats in the House of Commons are worth trying for 'comfort' in these exceptional circumstances.

Judgemental

Visit site
From my knowledge of Scotland and the people of Scotland I find it incredible that they are prepared to give Ms Sturgeon the time of day....

Nicola Sturgeon forced to ask Brussels for farm payment extension to avoid £60 million fine
Nicola Sturgeon's government has asked the European Commission for an extension to a farm payment deadline
Simon Johnson, scottish political editor
22 JUNE 2017 • 8:10PM
Nicola Sturgeon’s government has been forced to issue a last-ditch appeal for more time to make thousands of delayed farm subsidy payments in the hope of avoiding up to £60 million of EU fines.

For the second year running, the Scottish Government has approached the European Commission asking for the June 30 payment deadline to be extended following the catastrophic failure of a £178 million computer system that was supposed to hand out the money.

If they fail to get a deal, Scotland’s taxpayers face paying tens of millions of pounds of fines. As of last week, around 6,000 farmers – a third of the total – had yet to receive their Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) money.

Ms Sturgeon was last night accused of attempting to cover up the appeal, which was made on Tuesday, to extend the payment deadline until October 15.

The First Minister repeatedly dodged questions from Ruth Davidson in the Holyrood chamber on whether there had been a specific request. It was finally confirmed by the European Commission.

Ms Davidson, the Scottish Tory leader, accused her of breaking a promise to farmers to fix the payment system following last year’s “debacle” and overseeing a “culture of secrecy and denial.”

The row broke out as Michael Gove, the new UK Environment Secretary, used a visit to the Royal Highland Show in Edinburgh to pledge that Scottish farmers will not lose out on subsidies as a result of Brexit.

Ruth Davidson ✔ @RuthDavidsonMSP
Great day at the Highland Show. While I was listening to farmers, the SNP gov was having the truth about farm payments dragged out of them..
The Scottish Government’s request for an extension to the CAP deadline came after a progress report into the botch payment computer system, published last week, found it will not be resolved until next year “at the earliest”.
An emergency loan scheme has been set up to prevent farmers going out of business but auditors estimated that the Scottish Government faces up to £60 million of fines for late payment.
They warned last year that £125 million of fines could be levied, but only £5 million was paid out after the Commission agreed an extension to the 2016 deadline.
Ms Davidson said: “Nicola Sturgeon and Fergus Ewing promised they would fix their broken farm payments system after last year’s debacle.

“Instead, we now learn that the SNP has once again failed to deliver on time for Scotland’s rural economy – risking another huge fine and further delays for hard-pressed farmers and crofters. Instead of confronting this issue when I raised it with her today, the First Minister tried to duck it.”
She added: “This sorry episode only confirms that the culture of secrecy and denial in the SNP government goes right to the top.”
Earlier, at First Minister’s Questions, Ms Davidson asked whether the Scottish Government had been contact with the European Commission over delays this this year’s payments. Ms Sturgeon replied there were “regular discussions” with Brussels.
Pressed if her government had asked for an extension to the deadline, Ms Sturgeon said ministers would continue to discuss “any contingency arrangements that we consider are required.”
Challenged by Ms Davidson to provide a clear “yes or no” response on whether there had been a request, the First Minister said officials are “working hard to process the remaining payments.”

The Scottish Tory leader pointed out there was only eight days to go until the deadline with nearly 6,000 farmers waiting for their 2016 CAP payment. The Conservatives later cited official figures showing that “significantly fewer” than 1,000 applications a week are being processed.

Speaking shortly after First Minister’s Questions, Ms Sturgeon’s official spokesman disclosed there had been “contact at official level about the deadline and the possibility of an extension.”

But it was not until late afternoon that European Commission sources confirmed that a specific request had been received for the payment deadline to be moved to October 15.

Visiting the Royal Highland Show, Mr Gove said leaving the EU offers “huge opportunities” to farmers and producers believe sales could be doubled.

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
She can't even pay the farmers and one wonders if they will ever be paid?

'We don't want to hear sorry again!' Farmers REJECT Sturgeon's apology over EU payments

ANGRY farmers today dismissed Nicola Sturgeon's latest apology for the EU subsidy shambles.

By TOM MARTIN
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Fri, Jun 23, 2017 | UPDATED: 15:48, Fri, Jun 23, 2017
Nicola SturgeonPA
Angry farmers dismissed Nicola Sturgeon's apology
Industry leaders said they did not want "to hear sorry again" with cash delayed for the second year in a row.

Vital Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) payments have been stalled by the Scottish Government's jinxed £178million IT system.

The First Minister was accused of treating Holyrood with "utter contempt" after refusing to tell MSPs she went begging to Brussels for a three-and-half month deadline extension.

Tories also said Rural Economy Secretary Fergus Ewing should consider quitting over the latest debacle.

RELATED ARTICLES
Sturgeon accused of 'going ROGUE' after criticising watchdog
Nicola Sturgeon forced to apologise to farmers over delayed payments
We are making significant progress now on payments and on resolving the remaining IT issues in the system
Nicola Sturgeon
Her administration faces up to £60 million in EU fines if it fails to process thousands of outstanding payments by next Friday.

On Thursday Ms Sturgeon repeatedly dodged questions over whether there had been a specific request to move the cut off.

But the European Commission later confirmed it was approached on Tuesday to shift the June 30 deadline to October 15.

Ministers were also forced to seek an extension last year because of botched payments that left farmers and crofters on the brink of collapse.

Nicola Sturgeon blames payment delays on Brexit
Play Video
Nicola SturgeonPA
Ms Sturgeon repeatedly dodged questions over whether there had been a request to move the cut off
Ms Sturgeon today visited the Royal Highland Show at Ingliston, Edinburgh, amid a countryside backlash over the delays.

She insisted there was "no complacency" in her government with a "100 per cent focus" on making payments on time.

The First Minister said: "We are making significant progress now on payments and on resolving the remaining IT issues in the system.

"We have already apologised and we do so again today to farmers for the failures that have been experienced in the system and I guarantee that we will continue to give this matter our full focus and attention to ensure that farmers get the service that they deserve."

Nicola SturgeonPA
Ms Sturgeon apologised to the farmers for the failures that have been experienced in the system
But Andrew McCornick, president of the National Farmers Union Scotland, warned the country's rural economy was being put in "jeopardy" with investment decisions being put on hold.

He said: "Farmers and crofters should have been the first to know that once again there is to be a delay in payments.

"This does nothing to restore trust or build confidence.

"We have had many apologies about the system.

Isbister

Visit site
Not very good for the Scottish farmers, and not a very encouraging performance from a party with aspirations to take over the entire panoply of state.

However, the way Westminster is going, there will soon be little enough to crow about down here either.

Judgemental

Visit site
My goodness I have not posted on this thread since June. I thought, "Nicola you have seen sense, been reading my posts and in effect taken to the top of the mountain and shown the promised land".

Despite the SNP being nearly wiped out at the General Election, she will not learn and now we have the following:

Queen facing HUGE bill over Nicola Sturgeon’s dreaded shooting tax rules

THE Queen is facing a massive bill after the return of the estate shooting tax.

By CHLOE KERR
11:04, Thu, Sep 28, 2017 | UPDATED: 12:50, Thu, Sep 28, 2017
Land reform plan for Scotland unveiled

Some of Britain’s biggest landlords may owe millions of pounds of taxes on their vast Scottish estates.

Around 10,000 landowners are to get letters this week informing them how much shooting on their land is worth.

Another 8,000 letters are to go out next year.

The Times reports they are will charged up to £1 an acre for the land with potential for deer and bird hunting.

The Queen is facing a hefty bill

The Queen owns around 70,000 acres in Scotland, Danish millionaire Anders Holch Povlsen owns 220,000 and the Duke of Buccleuch has a staggering 240,000 acres.

The land valuation and shooting tax are part of Nicola’s Sturgeon’s “radical” land reforms that came into law last year.

Scotland has one of the most concentrated systems of land ownership in the developed world, with just 432 people in control of 50 per cent of the nation’s privately held land.

Supporters of the law say it will throw out the “feudal and ache” system, but critics say it is designed to drive out English landlords.

Nicola Sturgeon brought in the reforms last year

Liberal Democrat Jim Hume described the new tax proposals as part of a "political move targeted at the landed gentry".

The law already allows communities the right to buy land without an owner's consent.

And the Scottish National Party reintroduced sporting rates, which had been abolished in the 1990s.

Estates worth less than £15,000 will be exempt from the tax under a small business relief scheme.

The largest estates will qualify for a ‘volume discount’, but details of that have not been made public yet.

Nicola Sturgeon has reintroduced the shooting tax in Scotland
The Scottish government hopes to earn around £4million a year from the tax, which will then be used to boost the Scottish Land Fund.

Calum Innes, a partner at Galbraiths property consultancy told The Times: “I think it is unlikely that the government will raise £4 million.

“The vast majority of entries on the role are expected to be at a level where it is unlikely that they will pay rates.”

The Queen owns 70,000 acres in Scotland
Critics of the reform fear that it will drive shooting out of Scotland.

Peter Chapman, a Conservative MSP, said told The Times: “Shooting makes a significant contribution to Scotland’s society, economy and environment, so we cannot afford to see this suffer.”

Details of the scheme were leaked to Fieldsports Britain, a YouTube channel, who suggest that landowners will be charged between 38p and £1 an acre.

Over a million acres of land in Scotland is used to shoot animals for sport, including grouse, deer and pheasant.

Isbister

Visit site
The vultures are beginning to circle.

A resurgent Corbyn manoeuvring for power - it could soon happen.

Last one to leave, turn out the lights.

Alec Swan

Visit site
……..

Over a million acres of land in Scotland is used to shoot animals for sport, including grouse, deer and pheasant.

With that same acreage also being managed to the benefit of wildlife in general and the resultant revenue benefiting those who couldn't give a toss, either way. Society, whatever the stance of the individual is in a win-win situation, all except those that is, who feel that it's theirs anyway or who trot out the lines that no one should be wealthy.

Alec.