The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Abbie, Shy would ADORE a little girlfriend, and he's very playful but very gentle - watch this space, house on the market next week to try and get somewhere with land. Honestly, I'm sitting here in tears, and hubs has just looked at the pics too.

Dolly Mixture is pure genius. x

Supertrooper

Visit site
I think with cobs that if in doubt eat :)

She is going to be huge, she's about 1/2 as tall as mum already.

I can only think that T's bits must of smarted a bit giving birth to her ;-)

tessybear

Visit site
Abbie, Shy would ADORE a little girlfriend, and he's very playful but very gentle - watch this space, house on the market next week to try and get somewhere with land. Honestly, I'm sitting here in tears, and hubs has just looked at the pics too.

Dolly Mixture is pure genius. x

That would be amazing if you did, everyone could continue watching her grow ! and in such a great home ;) who knows !

I love that idea defo passport name :)

I think with cobs that if in doubt eat :)

She is going to be huge, she's about 1/2 as tall as mum already.

I can only think that T's bits must of smarted a bit giving birth to her ;-)

She was in heaven on the lush spring grass :D Oh i know ! she must have been bred with like a shire :p I feel sorry for her pushing that out

Once was lost

Visit site
The stalker in me has saved every picture to my phone!
Dolly is just amazingly awesome and Tess is the chilled out wonder Mum!
Love the picture where she is almost laying as she would have been in the womb only her front legs are bent, helps you see how she was tucked in there, Tess has gone down like a ballon already and looks so well! They are boat a real credit to you my lovely Abbie!

Cobiau Cymreig Wyllt

Visit site
Somewhat belated but big congratulations..missed it all today but caught up now! Gorgeous gorgeous foal, very well done you n TB...love the name, she looks like a mini version of a mare I once knew called Dolly, who I randomly happened to see foal down in a field, had never seen it before...must have been about 10 I think...it's still such a magical thing, birth...thank you so much for sharing your special experience with us and giving us all something lovely to 'join in' with (in a virtual reality kind of a way!)
Abbie, TB and Dolly for front page please H&H please!!!!
:):):)

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Dolly has more body coat than any of my Shire foals! I'm beginning to think her sire is either a yak or a Baudet du Poitou donkey (not because she looks like either of them, but because her coat is so massive)!!

Pippity

Visit site
I can't get over just how gorgeous Dolly is! And how good Tess is - perfectly happy for you to manhandle her baby. (Well, she's got more important things to deal with - that grass won't eat itself.)

I know nothing about foals so, while I could tell Dolly's a solid wee thing, I had no idea just how huge she was until I saw suffolkmare's colt to compare! No wonder Tess's belly was close to needing wheels!

LizzieRC1313

Visit site
Hi, I've been lurking but just wanted to say congrats on your absolutely gorgeous new foal. The photo of her asleep in the field is just adorable.

I also really hope you get to keep her, I would love to have a foal to play with & teach the ways of the world!

Lizzie

tessybear

Visit site
Well we have come to the conclusion our foal is wrong and backwards :eek::cool:

Books and stereptypical foal: shy, nervous for the first few days, dont be offended if they dont approach you and follow mum closely

Dolly: Confident, sociable, doesn't give two if you lead mum away towards the stable she will remain lying down :D cue Tessy getting very stroppy and me going "ok you can go back before i get trampled" in the end we had to have Tessy following Dolly !!!!

Weirdo :cool::eek:

Also dad just said he doesn't mind if we keep it ?? :eek: what we never said we wanted to... come to the conclusion dad has gone all gooey eyed over ickle Dolly doodar

tessybear

Visit site
Your dad is wonderful :) :)

He said i can see us keeping this , i am not bothered either way as long as you are all happy :) We are lucky to have such a great dadio !!

However im thinking i am off to Uni in 2 years time, will we be able to do this ? where will we keep her ? well all those questions can wait at the moment we are focusing on keeping both of them healthy and happy !

Joeyjojo

Visit site
Sorry I'm a bit late in the day (I'm in a different time zone!) but a huge congratulations. What an absolute stunner you've got there :) totally georgous. Very much looking forward to the video!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Abi, it's really important that you dont allow mum and baby to become separated at this time. So one person on the mare, the other on the foal - hand on chest and bum to guide her.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
zwb09u.jpg

Is that a man peering over the fence? Lol

Utterly gorgeous little girlie :)

tessybear

Visit site
Abi, it's really important that you dont allow mum and baby to become separated at this time. So one person on the mare, the other on the foal - hand on chest and bum to guide her.

They didn't we had 3 people me leading Tess and mum and sister on Dolly, she just didn't want to get up so walked mum forwards 5 steps ? and she didn't budge we had to wrangle her down the field at eachothers side :)

Is that a man peering over the fence? Lol

Utterly gorgeous little girlie :)

Yes that's Mark our friend :D

she is lovely! I'm sure you've said but cant find the post..did you see the birth or was she there in the morning? x

It was there in the morning missed it :eek:

Your eye site is brilliant!! I never noticed :D

Yes that's Mark :D