The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
She's going to be a chunky little monkey!
With regards to foals attitude I think it depends on the mare.
When my old mare foaled I went over to visit and had read about defensive mare and timid foals so stood back. Got told go on in she's fine and when I went in she actually nudged the foal towards me and had a very proud mummy look on her face.

HBM1

Visit site
Don't worry too much about Tess, was the vet happy with the colour of the flush and is he going to come and do it again? Being out and walking around will help her to clear out too (I had a problem with my mare's placenta retention last year)...very worrying but all ok in the end. She had the book thrown at her just to be sure - a week's worth of flushing and plenty of antibiotics, but it sounds like hers was in longer than Tessy's.

jumbyjack

Visit site
An other lurker here! Well done Tessybear, what a huge and stunning baby you have produced. Hello to baby Dolly and massive congratulations to Abbie!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
Abbie it will be sooooooo wonderful if you can keep her - the experience of having Day 1 - forever will be amazing ! But don't think about that atm - your dad will probably never want to let her go, but if he does... ;)

I am so jealous though - of everyone who has a foal from birth. I would love to see piccies of her hooves, her tail, inside her mouth, her little chestnuts - just everything, I am so curious. You will learn so much ! Having Shy unhandled as a two year old was awesome xx

TickyTavey

Visit site
Been following, but not posted yet. Just logged on after work and congratulations. She's super. Love how foal and mum have the same smudge on their faces!

tessybear

Visit site
Abbie it will be sooooooo wonderful if you can keep her - the experience of having Day 1 - forever will be amazing ! But don't think about that atm - your dad will probably never want to let her go, but if he does... ;)

I am so jealous though - of everyone who has a foal from birth. I would love to see piccies of her hooves, her tail, inside her mouth, her little chestnuts - just everything, I am so curious. You will learn so much ! Having Shy unhandled as a two year old was awesome xx

Her hooves are squishy !, mouth gummy and loves to test everything with it :rolleyes: chestnuts are white and very cute :D she is as cute as a button ! You may wake up in 6/7months time to a little one in the field :p

tessybear

Visit site
Forcing myself to remain here until video has finished only 5% left to go... But i really want to go and cuddle a sleep Doll :eek::cool:

islandspirit

Visit site
I'm another lurker but wanted to say congratulations and give a passport name if no one else has suggested it yet of 'Well hello Dolly'. I have been following the thread from the beginning and have just shown pics my very non horsey hubby who went all gooey when he saw it. I may convert him to the dark side yet :)

debsandpets

Visit site
Another long time lurker ........... No need to lurk any longer.

Well done to Tessy Bear, and to you also Abbie, you have coped remarkably well with the whole experience :)
Dolly is absolutely gigantic - well cooked Tessy. Hope she is feeling a bit better after her injection too, and that she doesn't suffer any ill effects from it. I am sure with the amount of care she has received from you and your family in the past few months will ensure her health and vigor of both Tessy and her beautiful little girly xx