The Tessy bear BOGOF thread

ridefast

Visit site
Well we have come to the conclusion our foal is wrong and backwards :eek::cool:

Books and stereptypical foal: shy, nervous for the first few days, dont be offended if they dont approach you and follow mum closely

Dolly: Confident, sociable, doesn't give two if you lead mum away towards the stable she will remain lying down :D cue Tessy getting very stroppy and me going "ok you can go back before i get trampled" in the end we had to have Tessy following Dolly !!!!

Weirdo :cool::eek:

Also dad just said he doesn't mind if we keep it ?? :eek: what we never said we wanted to... come to the conclusion dad has gone all gooey eyed over ickle Dolly doodar

I have always found that the first day foals have no fear and are quite friendly, it's after that they become a little less trusting. And any studs I've worked on we've always had 2 people guiding the foal with mum following

Django Pony

Visit site
Massive congratulations! Dolly is gorgeous! I just embarrassed myself by squeaking loudly with excitement on a packed train when I saw that she had arrived! *blushes* :D

tessybear

Visit site
Funny little bunny. Can't wait for more updates.

:D Will do some tomorrow after school :(

I have always found that the first day foals have no fear and are quite friendly, it's after that they become a little less trusting. And any studs I've worked on we've always had 2 people guiding the foal with mum following

Oh really ? ah well perhaps she wont be as friendly tomorrow :)

Parachute

Visit site
Massive congratulations! Dolly is gorgeous! I just embarrassed myself by squeaking loudly with excitement on a packed train when I saw that she had arrived! *blushes* :D

It's okay, I just burst out laughing at the image of you squeaking on a train and my dog gave me a funny look, sighed and ran upstairs.. :eek: :p

ridefast

Visit site
:D Will do some tomorrow after school :(

Oh really ? ah well perhaps she wont be as friendly tomorrow :)

Yeah, especially when on a cob stud they were like that. So she's normal for a cob foal so far :) Loving the pictures, she looks like she's going to have a lot of feather! Are you going to find another mare and foal or a youngster to play with once she's a few weeks older? Otherwise she may want to play with you!!

Parachute

Visit site
Yeah, especially when on a cob stud they were like that. So she's normal for a cob foal so far :) Loving the pictures, she looks like she's going to have a lot of feather! Are you going to find another mare and foal or a youngster to play with once she's a few weeks older? Otherwise she may want to play with you!!

Haha, good luck with foal play!! :D
She'll soon become too big and rough :p I like the idea of another mare and foal though ;)

tessybear

Visit site

Oh thank you :)

And no there are none near us at the moment, we will just learn to toughen up :eek::D

lurcher98

Visit site
I think if you have uni in 2 years by the time you've finished foaly will be ready for backing :) perfect timing :) not that I'm playing devils advocate or anything ;)

indie999

Visit site
Wonderful news congratulations to the proud mum(s). What a long legged beauty. Love the name and am so glad you have a healthy foal and its all gone very well indeed. TB looks like she is just continuing where she left off! Bless her, supermum indeed taking it all in her stride. Dolly mixture looks like she has been around for a while too. What a long few days you have had!

What is it revise for short bursts and visit TB & foal for short bursts. Thats how I would do it. Now at least you can chill over mother and daughter.

So pleased for you and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this happy thread so keep the updates. Thanks and well doneX

Ps Chris Evans must post an update so if there is anyone who knows him we are all waiting in anticipation of national announcement.

tessybear

Visit site
Well we are keeping a close eye on Tess as she took to long to pass the afterbirth it had dried up in patches which can be worrying. Vet gave her an antibiotic injection, flushed her out and gave us antibiotics to be mixed with her feed. The afterbirth was all in tact just dry in places so we are looking for laminitis type symptoms :eek::(

Barney&Buzz

Visit site
My foal was bold as brass from day one! He wasn't bothered about being with mum at all. i'd often go to get them in and they be a opposite ends on the field. one day we even found him in the water trough having a bath coz it was hot! I got him a jolly ball to play with but had to confiscate it as he would bash anyone and everyone with it! he made firm friends with he 2 rottie dogs at the yard and would often be seen playing with them whilst his mum grazed. and by 2 weeks old he came to call out in the field at dinner time. Dolly is so cute!!!!!! she is gonna be an awesome little cobby when she is all growed up!

gadetra

Visit site
Ooh congratulationson the filly, she's a big strong one.
I wouldn't worry too much about Tess, she was a massive foal and things can get pinched and a bit strained in there. The main thing is she's eating up and right in herself.
Congrats!

Hells Bells

Visit site
I've only logged onto this site once/twice in the last year but have been lurking on this thread and had to log in to say a huge congratulations! Dolly is beautiful!

I'm only echoing everyone else in saying that you should be very proud of yourself as to how you have handled all of this!

Also.. The size of her!! My eyes are watering at the thought of having to pop something if that size out! :) well done Tessy!

Coblover63

Visit site
I think I love your dad! :eek: I really hope you can find a way to keep her. My foalie went off at weaning and I've been fortunate to have him back again recently and I feel totally blessed to have a second chance with him. He's not going anywhere again!

bumper

Visit site
I've waited all day to see the pics, as I couldn't view them at work.....and it was worth it! Dolly is absolutely lovely, and HUGE. No wonder that Tessy looked like she was about to burst!
I really hope that Tessy will be ok, after your news from the vet. Fingers crossed for you :)

Waiting on the video now :D

sandi_84

Visit site
OMG! YESSSSSSSSS!!! :D:D:D:D

CONGRATULATIONS Abbie & Tessy! WOO-HOO! :D:D:D

Absolutely gorgeous filly, she's such a cutie! Well done Abbie now you can breathe easy for a while ;):D

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
Well we are keeping a close eye on Tess as she took to long to pass the afterbirth it had dried up in patches which can be worrying. Vet gave her an antibiotic injection, flushed her out and gave us antibiotics to be mixed with her feed. The afterbirth was all in tact just dry in places so we are looking for laminitis type symptoms :eek::(

The fact she is grazing so happily must be a good sign. My mare took a while to pass the placenta too but she was absolutely fine. They both look healthy and happy. :D