The thread of all Olympic Threads

DressageCob

Visit site
The IBA test is complicated too, because the board is Russian and suspended. The test was after the Algerian boxer had defeated a Russian boxer so people argue that it was dodgy. They haven’t revealed what the test was nor has it been confirmed that this boxer has anything other than XX chromosomes. There’s a suspicion she has DSD but I can’t find anything that says she confirms it or a test has confirmed it.

The IOC’s position is that anyone with DSD can compete so long as it doesn’t affect safety or fairness. that’s quite woolly.

humblepie

Visit site
Was listening to something about the boxing earlier in the games and it seems (and I may be wrong) that the weight categories at the Olympics are different and so (for example) it could be 60 - 63 kgs somewhere, then for the Olympics it is 60 - 65 kgs, so you could have someone in a heavier weight class normally reducing a bit to get into the lighter one. I may totally have misheard or misunderstood it thought!

And thank you for the link to the show jumping fences - they were describing them on the radio yesterday and so seeing close up pictures and the inspiration was really nice.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Was listening to something about the boxing earlier in the games and it seems (and I may be wrong) that the weight categories at the Olympics are different and so (for example) it could be 60 - 63 kgs somewhere, then for the Olympics it is 60 - 65 kgs, so you could have someone in a heavier weight class normally reducing a bit to get into the lighter one. I may totally have misheard or misunderstood it thought!

And thank you for the link to the show jumping fences - they were describing them on the radio yesterday and so seeing close up pictures and the inspiration was really nice.
Also, in the boxing, why do the women wear headguards and the men don't?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Such a pity for him, the horse just didn’t look settled today.
He seemed to ride softly though which I thought was good. I know that doesn't change the marks but just seemed sympathetic to the horse.

Great to see more open frames so far. No chins on chests! Generally looking soft and light, to me anyway.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Anyone know what music Michiels is playing? It sounds so familiar.
No but I see what you mean about it being familiar.

Bit leg flingy for me this one but again seeming relatively settled.

ETA good on the commentary not shying away from talking about the mouth opening/unsettled. It will be interesting if this applies to all riders where this is shown.